Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was a gutsy performance all things considered, but it’s not really about that game.

It just makes no sense to refer to the Dockers as ‘falling over’ when it was simply a loss. But if it helps you sleep better, go for your life.
A 'gutsy' performance, losing to the 14th placed team in a game you needed to win to qualify for finals, in a year that you're meant to be a genuine premiership contender after building and rebuilding for more than two decades?

Wowee.

Cameron is like Pittonet if he didn’t have a TDK to compete with (Brodie Grundy)

Good player, top 100 for sure, top 6 ruckman. AA squad?

Who’s selecting the team, the Collingwood cheer squad?
You were told midway through the season that Cameron was in the mix for the AA Squad, and you all scoffed at the thought.

Schooled again.

But there are some of us that understand footy, and those of you who just watch it through your rose coloured glasses and only see what you want to see...

And whose fault is that ffs? Had you not choked against Collingwood (for the second time in two seasons), you could have had the double chance and definitely gone to a PF after the SF.

You could say that Collingwood have ruined your year twice in a row. After you beat them twice last year and were full of confidence in the GF after Collingwood came off scores of 9.6.60 and 8.10.58 in the previous two finals. Now because they kicked 3 goals in the last 3 minutes against you a few days ago, you get to beat us in the EF before losing in the SF.

View attachment 2093164
So what you're saying is...

Collingwood >>> Brisbane >>> Carlton

A 'gutsy' performance, losing to the 14th placed team in a game you needed to win to qualify for finals, in a year that you're meant to be a genuine premiership contender after building and rebuilding for more than two decades?

Wowee.
Just checking, were Collingwood meant to be a genuine contender this year ?

Just checking, were Collingwood meant to be a genuine contender this year ?
Collingwood expect to contend for the premiershop most years, but haven't been building and rebuilding for more than two decades to get to where we are today, and have the 2023 flag in the back pocket.

So don't go comparing Carlton with Collingwood - there is no comparison.

So what you're saying is...

Collingwood >>> Brisbane >>> Carlton
We only choke in H&A matches, and give teams 3 quarters to kick a winning score in a PF.

Brisbane do their choking in a GF and the last 3 minutes of Round 24 up by 3 goals.

Collingwood expect to contend for the premiershop most years, but haven't been building and rebuilding for more than two decades to get to where we are today, and have the 2023 flag in the back pocket.

So don't go comparing Carlton with Collingwood - there is no comparison.
Eight flags to your three since 1958 there is no comparison indeed.:laughv1:

To those Carlton supporters who were bagging out Darcy Cameron during the year (I don't care enough about who it was to specifically recall exactly who they were) - thoughts on his inclusion in the AA Squad
Well i know for a fact that you held McKay in a similar stratosphere as well. Egg on face much ?
Look Here Lol GIF by BIGI_TV

Well i know for a fact that you held McKay in a similar stratosphere as well. Egg on face much ?
Look Here Lol GIF by BIGI_TV
No egg on my face.

I said McKay hadn't performed in the top 100 players in the competition across 2022 and 2023, and provided data to support that.

He's clearly had a better year this year, and deserves his spot in the AA squad (though we all know, like Cameron, he's not making the team).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 12 team state comp? 😆 Try winning a flag in a REAL league with 18 teams

What’s this? Did you just say Collingwood only have one real flag?

Kind of stepped into that one didn’t you? 😂
Yeah, I guess you'd have to play in a Grand Final to 'choke' in one...

Although we are all enjoying this Collingwood/Brisbane love-in on here, it’s weird.

Your supporters were giving theirs shit only last year. I suppose you need support from some of their supporters on here against the big, bad Carlton. Can’t fight your own battles.

Although we are all enjoying this Collingwood/Brisbane love-in on here, it’s weird.

Your supporters were giving theirs shit only last year. I suppose you need support from some of their supporters on here against the big, bad Carlton. Can’t fight your own battles.
When were Collingwood supporters 'giving Brisbane supporters shite'?

The Collingwood and Brisbane supporter bases generally have a healthy respect for one another, borne out of a number of recent classic encounters, including having matched up against one another in 3 Grand Finals since the turn of the century (more than any other clubs).

Carlton, meanwhile... neither supporter base has any respect for them. For obvious reasons.

What’s this? Did you just say Collingwood only have one real flag?

Kind of stepped into that one didn’t you? 😂

Lions fans know we were a 5 goal better side in the GF.

When were Collingwood supporters 'giving Brisbane supporters shite'?

The Collingwood and Brisbane supporter bases generally have a healthy respect for one another, borne out of a number of recent classic encounters, including having matched up against one another in 3 Grand Finals since the turn of the century (more than any other clubs).

Carlton, meanwhile... neither supporter base has any respect for them. For obvious reasons.

Respect and Collingwood…

In the same sentence. Jeez. 😂

Brisbane will get to a healthy lead and put the cue in the rack, winding down to win by a comfortable margin.

In the same way they did in last year's Preliminary Final.
I think it all comes down to whether Curnow plays. If he doesn’t, yeah, they could reduce the margin to 8 goals.

You were told midway through the season that Cameron was in the mix for the AA Squad, and you all scoffed at the thought.

Schooled again.

But there are some of us that understand footy, and those of you who just watch it through your rose coloured glasses and only see what you want to see...
You scoffed at Harry McKay and he seems to be in the squad as well.

Brisbane will get to a healthy lead and put the cue in the rack, winding down to win by a comfortable margin.

In the same way they did in last year's Preliminary Final.
Who are the Pies playing in the first week of finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back