Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be concerned that, while Daicos is definitely deserving of accolades, he was gifted to the club via the father-son rule, and aside from him, no other Collingwood players are prominent in these awards.

This should raise serious questions about the Wobbles' recent recruitment and development of young talent, particularly with their ageing list.

Side note: wasn't Nicky boy a Blues supporter growing up? Smarts on and off the field it seems.

I'd be concerned that, while Daicos is definitely deserving of accolades, he was gifted to the club via the father-son rule, and aside from him, no other Collingwood players are prominent in these awards.

This should raise serious questions about the Wobbles' recent recruitment and development of young talent, particularly with their ageing list.

Side note: wasn't Nicky boy a Blues supporter growing up? Smarts on and off the field it seems.

The worst drafters in the league the past decade and it's gone without any media attention.

They've picked up about 4 good young players.

Moore - F/S
J Daicos - F/S
N Daicos - F/S
Quaynor - Academy

Their own President said this year that they don't need the draft as it doesn't work for them. As I've said before, 90's-level of Carlton arrogance at that club and it may be about to come back to bite them - just like it did us and Essendon.

You have picked cripps to win the brownlow yourself. Prove me wrong. Go
I think Cripps is a certainty for the Brownlow, and would be a very deserving winner.

I had another look this morning... doubt Daicos polls in the 30's, whilst Cripps will be low to mid 30's.

Astounded they are both at similar odds.

Bottom line is, Nick is competing with (and winning) The games highest individual honours, in his second and third seasons in the system, whilst the other contenders are seasoned players in their late 20's.

What a player.

The worst drafters in the league the past decade and it's gone without any media attention.

They've picked up about 4 good young players.

Moore - F/S
J Daicos - F/S
N Daicos - F/S
Quaynor - Academy

Their own President said this year that they don't need the draft as it doesn't work for them. As I've said before, 90's-level of Carlton arrogance at that club and it may be about to come back to bite them - just like it did us and Essendon.
Collingwood's list management approach has worked pretty well for them in recent times, having played Preliminary Finals or better in 11 of the past 23 seasons.

How can you possibly compare Collingwood with 'Carlton arrogance of the 90's'?

Deluded.

I think Cripps is a certainty for the Brownlow, and would be a very deserving winner.

I had another look this morning... doubt Daicos polls in the 30's, whilst Cripps will be low to mid 30's.

Astounded they are both at similar odds.

Bottom line is, Nick is competing with (and winning) The games highest individual honours, in his second and third seasons in the system, whilst the other contenders are seasoned players in their late 20's.

What a player.
There has never been any doubt that he is a wonderful player and will be a star for many years.

There has never been any doubt that he is a wonderful player and will be a star for many years.

Yeah.

Real talk. Nick Daicos is a great player and Collingwood are lucky to have him. Doing things in his third year that few have done before and if Nick doesn’t win the Brownlow this year, he will win one or multiple in the future. Nick Daicos, Harley Reid, JHF and Sam Darcy are this sports youngest stars. Wow.

Serious question for Blues fans. Where does Cripps sit amongst the Carlton greats? Top 10? Top 5? Top 3? Could he end up the greatest Blue?
We’ve had so many greats over our history that that is a hard one to answer. Nicholls, Doull, Kouta, Williams, Sticks, Bradley, Judd, Jezza, SOS, (going way back) Vallence etc. It hurts my brain trying to place Patrick Cripps.

In a month he could wind up a duel Brownlow medalist, to go with four club champions (likely five soon) and four AA guernseys. He needs the team success to complete a wonderful career though.

Serious question for Blues fans. Where does Cripps sit amongst the Carlton greats? Top 10? Top 5? Top 3? Could he end up the greatest Blue?
Top 5 for mine, not as talented as some of the others but he has put us on his shoulders many times since 2014

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 5 for mine, not as talented as some of the others but he has put us on his shoulders many times since 2014

Yep. Crippa never once complained, just went out there and did his job. And then stayed loyal to the Carlton by signing a long-term contract under market value when our supporters would have understood if he wanted to go back home to play for a better side after doing it tough for so long.

He’s a good person as well. Very lucky to have him.

Cripps is a featherweight compared to DeGoey!

You’ll be just called the Mags soon, as DeGoey looks like he’s eaten all the Pies.
De Goey has burst power and pace, eats pies full of protein. Cripps has a real sweet tooth hence he’s fat and slow and gets exposed by the Collingwood midfield his entire career

De Goey has burst power and pace, eats pies full of protein. Cripps has a real sweet tooth hence he’s fat and slow and gets exposed by the Collingwood midfield his entire career
giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back