Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

mid table is a high achievement for the blose hence you bragging about it a few posts above
Tenth to fifteenth place would be that not the lower half of the eight imo.

7-12th

Top 6, bottom 6, middle 7-12
I would describe it as that nowhere land where you're not quite good enough to contend for finals, but not quite bad enough to be a spoon contender either.

Nick is an extractor, he goes in wins it and bursts out. Cripps is a feeder goes in wins it but doesnt have the burst relies on the feed
Hey, not every player needs to be captain courageous. Youā€™ve got to play to your strengths, and thatā€™s more than okay.

Hey, not every player needs to be captain courageous. Youā€™ve got to play to your strengths, and thatā€™s more than okay.
not everyone has the physique to be a burst mid that win flags

I would describe it as that nowhere land where you're not quite good enough to contend for finals, but not quite bad enough to be a spoon contender either.
hmmm, my opinion has changed over the years on this.. I would argue 'no mans land' doesnt really exist in the AFL with the way team building is. You dont need to go the North route to rebuild

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've understood what you've written, even in a rare year where you finish above collingwood it was still 0-2 for Fatty. Nick will continue to run rings around the blues for many years to come and Fatty will continue to be left in the dust

Bill Burr has described you here very well.

Fat shaming professional athletes. šŸ˜‚

Carlton supporter predicting their team will be 'Top 4 Next Year'.

Now where have I heard that before?

I reckon 2024 was the only year the fanbase expectation was top 4.

2019, we finished 16th - do you think Carlton fans expected top 4 in 2020?
2020, we finished 11th
2021, we finished 13th & sacked our coach
2022, missed the 8
2023, made the PF & were tipped by many to be a top 4 contender this year.

Most Carlton supporters were expecting to play finals from 2021-ish (hence the coach sacking), nobody was predicting top 4.

You're making things up.

I hope Cripps does well, great player and it'd be a shame to see his career wind down without something to hang his hat on.

Are Carlton seriously thinking about trading Owies? He represents about 33% of the clubs heart muscle.

Pies will be back. We've fallen in a heap and dragged ourselves back into flag contention many times over during Carlrons extended holiday from success.

You should expect us next year.

2020, we finished 11th
2022, missed the 8

Most Carlton supporters were expecting to play finals from 2021-ish (hence the coach sacking), nobody was predicting top 4.

You're making things up.
Listing Carlton's finishing positions in an attempt to prove Carlton supporters haven't been historically talking their team up as Top 4 quality leading into the start of each recent season...

Oh my.

2020, we finished 11th
2022, missed the 8

You're making things up.
2022 I distinctly remember Carlton fans telling us they were a contender and the pies were fluking wins for like 10 straight weeks and then losing a prelim by 1pt somehow justified it all :grin:

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back