Banter Who will be better in 2025, Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You really have a special brain Fudge. And not of the gifted variety.

I haven't mentioned Ashcroft once, nor have I said anything about where he's ranked...But please continue ur mental gymnastics drivel.
Really?
Screenshot_20241027-172103_Samsung Internet.jpg

So how about you answer this very simple question...

'Based what you've read about this year's draft, do you believe Levi Ashcroft is rated in the top 3 players?'

Really?
View attachment 2152700

So how about you answer this very simple question...

'Based what you've read about this year's draft, do you believe Levi Ashcroft is rated in the top 3 players?'
Your brain is truly something else... When have I mentioned Ashcroft and not being a top 3 prospect?

For all we know Carlton rate him the best and Collingwood rate him at 8... As I said, there is no clear cut pick 1 this year. There's no Harley Reid.

That's supported by the dozen or so different draft analysts who have the top 5-6 in completely different orders.

Your brain is truly something else... When have I mentioned Ashcroft and not being a top 3 prospect?

For all we know Carlton rate him the best and Collingwood rate him at 8... As I said, there is no clear cut pick 1 this year. There's no Harley Reid.

That's supported by the dozen or so different draft analysts who have the top 5-6 in completely different orders.
'When have I said Ashcroft is outside the top 3?', and go on to explain how different clubs and draft analysts have very different top 5-6, and suggesting Collingwood might rate him at 8.

Slow down, untie those knots you've tied yourself in, take a deep breath, and show me any draft analysis that has Ashcroft outside the top three that hasn't taken into account his father/son commitment.

'When have I said Ashcroft is outside the top 3?', and go on to explain how different clubs and draft analysts have very different top 5-6, and suggesting Collingwood might rate him at 8.

Slow down, untie those knots you've tied yourself in, take a deep breath, and show me any draft analysis that has Ashcroft outside the top three that hasn't taken into account his father/son commitment.
I never thought I'd say this but I think your argument is actually too dumb to try and unpack.

Please move on Fudgenator, it's clear you've not a clue when it comes to how the draft works.

Probably like how you had no idea what salary cap banking was 🤡

I never thought I'd say this but I think your argument is actually too dumb to try and unpack.

Please move on Fudgenator, it's clear you've not a clue when it comes to how the draft works.

Probably like how you had no idea what salary cap banking was 🤡
'My argument'?

You've tied yourself in so many knots you can't answer a simple question.

I know it's hard to take after all that hard work Carlton went to, to get pick 3 in the draft, but the fact of the matter is you're getting the 4th rated player in this year's draft.

But I guess 'Carlton wouldn't have wanted Ashcroft anyway'.

In the same way as they 'didn't want Houston and Finn anyway'...

Last edited:
'My argument'?

I know it's hard to take after all that hard work Carlton went to, to get pick 3 in the draft, but the fact of the matter is you're getting the 4th rated player in this year's draft.

In the same way as they 'didn't want Houston and Finn anyway'...
Show me where he said that he didn't rate Ashcroft in the top 3, he said there is no clear cut no 1 this year and anyone can have there own opinion, another shocker by you and all you think about is gotcha moments, you've had an absolute shocker today.

'My argument'?

In the same way as the 'didn't want Houston and Finn anyway'...
Oop I guess you're still going... Please continue Fudgey!

Can't say I've ever seen someone infer something and then state it as if it were fact moments later to try to win an argument?

Not sure even the 5th graders who are just learning about the skill are that stupid

Like most rules F;/S was invented to punish Collingwood, but it's a great rule.

There's nothing like feeling if seeing a young Cloke or Daicos run out,I know the Blues loved SOS and his boys do you know it too.

Sure we've had busts but I'd prefer we punt on a f/s, maybe not at the expense of a star but as a tie breaker at least. It builds team spirit I believe. Spices things up too.

Like most rules F;/S was invented to punish Collingwood, but it's a great rule.

There's nothing like feeling if seeing a young Cloke or Daicos run out,I know the Blues loved SOS and his boys do you know it too.

Sure we've had busts but I'd prefer we punt on a f/s, maybe not at the expense of a star but as a tie breaker at least. It builds team spirit I believe. Spices things up too.
Best system the AFL has in place hands down. Love a F/S success story.

Show me where he said that he didn't rate Ashcroft in the top 3, he said there is no clear cut no 1 this year and anyone can have there own opinion, another shocker by you and all you think about is gotcha moments, you've had an absolute shocker today.
I honestly dont know how you would be able to accurately score a posters efforts in this thread but anyway..

Genuine question because i cant be ****ed looking harder into it but how does the system work with the Campo twins in regards to f/s? Are they a package deal like a Lynx Africa deodorant/aftershave Xmas gift set or could we split them up to be flogs on draft night?

Genuine question because i cant be ****ed looking harder into it but how does the system work with the Campo twins in regards to f/s? Are they a package deal like a Lynx Africa deodorant/aftershave Xmas gift set or could we split them up to be flogs on draft night?
The brothers are treated individually when it comes to the draft. Any club can bid on that player at any point in the draft. Whenever that happens Carlton will then have a choice to either let them go to that club OR match the bid. To match the bid they need to give up a package of picks that make up the draft points (-20% due to F/S discount) associated with the pick the bid came in. That will happen for one of the brothers and then will likely happen again for the other brother unless they make it through to the rookie draft. So yes they could be split up but based on what's come out of Carlton it does seem like they will be taking both unless something extreme happens (i.e., SOS bids on one of them at pick 7 or something).

The brothers are treated individually when it comes to the draft. Any club can bid on that player at any point in the draft. Whenever that happens Carlton will then have a choice to either let them go to that club OR match the bid. To match the bid they need to give up a package of picks that make up the draft points (-20% due to F/S discount) associated with the pick the bid came in. That will happen for one of the brothers and then will likely happen again for the other brother unless they make it through to the rookie draft.
Cheers mate i figured that was the case. Im hoping Peter has another Daicos boy hidden somewhere. Gavin Brown can push any hidden kids towards an arts degree or somehting

Cheers mate i figured that was the case. Im hoping Peter has another Daicos boy hidden somewhere. Gavin Brown can push any hidden kids towards an arts degree or somehting
There seems to be a bit of a weird trend at Carlton of players having lots of girls so I am ready for a stacked AFLW team in a few years. However, a few more boys would be nice - preferably ones interested in AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When did I say that lmao? I said the top group are all rated differently from club to club due to their evenness.

Simple fact is there's no Harley Reid in this draft so where one club rates someone at 1 another may rate them 6 for all we know
If the top group is so even, why were Carlton so keen to move into the top3? That would make sense if there were a clear stand-out 3 players.

WC probably think the kid (a WA talent) they want will still be available at 12.

Makes sense to trade up if a few absolute stand-outs, but if top 15 are all even...why not just get two quality kids instead of one?

If the top group is so even, why were Carlton so keen to move into the top3? That would make sense if there were a clear stand-out 3 players.

WC probably think the kid (a WA talent) they want will still be available at 12.

Makes sense to trade up if a few absolute stand-outs, but if top 15 are all even...why not just get two quality kids instead of one?
Because we have an interest in a very specific type of player at that top end. Someone like Langford or Smillie would be largely useless for us from a list fit perspective if they fell to us, despite being just as accomplished as the others in that mix.

We need a POD midfielder, not another big body inside. Pick 3 guarantees us one of the explosive, POD midfielders in the draft. Pick 5-8 does not.

Because we have an interest in a very specific type of player at that top end. Someone like Langford or Smillie would be largely useless for us from a list fit perspective.

Pick 3 guarantees us one of the explosive, agile midfielders in the draft. Pick 5-8 does not.
No certainties mate. Pick 3 has thrown some champs and stinkers

Because we have an interest in a very specific type of player at that top end. Someone like Langford or Smillie would be largely useless for us from a list fit perspective if they fell to us, despite being just as accomplished as the others in that mix.

We need a POD midfielder, not another big body inside. Pick 3 guarantees us one of the explosive, POD midfielders in the draft. Pick 5-8 does not.
Also we wouldn't have had access to that top group (regardless of player type) with what will become picks 15 and 17.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Who will be better in 2025, Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back