Coach Who will coach in 2014?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't want that smug self righteous campaigner Roos anywhere near my football club.

Goodwin or Bomber, in that order, with Michael Voss hired as midfield coach.

Bomber fits all the needs

Knows what Hird wants to stamp onto the side
Experienced with no real learning curve required
Walked away from coaching which means will be content to hand it over.

Goodwin only ticks one of those boxes.

Strange type of game coming up this week. We dont know what to expect.

Goodwin to remain the midfield coach, Bomber to become senior coach and Kevin Sheedy to replace Bomber as Senior Assistant Coach.
Because Mark Thompson needs a senior assistant

I don't see why it would be anyone external. Think Thompson is probably less likely than Goodwin & Skipworth. I mean, he quit for a reason....

If Thompson is up for the extra committment knowing it is a short-term thing, then maybe. But that's a big if.

Personally, Goodwin is my preference. He harbours ambitions for senior coaching and I have no doubt will one day. Still has Thompson by his side anyway to guide him. Will have the hunger in a big way. My ONLY problem with this scenario, is once he hands back to Jimmy, he's unlikely to want to remain as an assistant coach for much longer I'd have thought. But you can't kill his ambition, he'll want to leave some day anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peter Sumich. Won assistant coach of the year in 2012 from the AFL in his first year at Fremantle.
Long time over at West Coast as wing man for Worsfold. Coached South Fremantle. Has experience.

Does the EFC only want someone to keep the seat warm for Hird in a year or looking for a permanent replacement?

I want Bomber Thompson to coach us. That is probably the most logical as he is a two-time premiership coach.
I wouldn't mind Goodwin either

I don't think Goodwin is actually ready for the job; some more mentoring would be a good idea. Ideally, I think the club will present the role to Mark Thompson, he's the perfect candidate by already being assistant coach and having loads of experience under his belt. Not only that, he's a good front man, he is what the club needs in this kind of situation, someone who is a Bomber through and through. The members and fans alike would respond really well to it. If he declines? Who knows.

Anyway, I love the Bombers. Let everyone get over this shit storm as soon as possible, for after all, it was the AFL's inability to protect itself and one of its clubs that brought the league into disrepute.

Bomber fits all the needs

Knows what Hird wants to stamp onto the side
Experienced with no real learning curve required
Walked away from coaching which means will be content to hand it over.

Goodwin only ticks one of those boxes.

Strange type of game coming up this week. We dont know what to expect.

We might be more interested in our VFL match. :)

Yeah i watched that, obviously sick of all the crap. When asked about coaching next year was non-committal and looked like he was no way at all eager to coach.

Thompson and Goodwin co-coaches. The other option- Mark Williams. Now shoot me all you like but he is way more achievable than Paul Roos if we are going to appoint outside our club.

Not trolling, I have thought for a while that Sheedy may come back for the year, coach a team and get some wins in his final year. No interest in continuing to go on, heaps of history with Essendon, start the 'rebuild the culture' media front and then hand over to Hird at the end of the year.

Heaps of experience, positive look for the club, no issues with him wanting to keep going on.

Just my thoughts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back