Coach Who will coach in 2014?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kevin Sheedy would be an amazing person to have just to be the face of the club at the millions of engagements every club has every year. Sheeds in an Essendon polo shooting the breeze about the 80s and Hawthorn is the perfect scenario really.

Hird has a long term plan for how the group plays and we've been building that plan. I can't see a coach coming from the outside being across all aspects the way the current group is. It's Bombers job if he wants it, I don't think he does, otherwise Goodwin is a good fit.
Sheeds coming back is nothing more than a PR stunt.

In the news this afternoon they are mentioning it is down to 3 - but they aren't mentioning the names.

Bomber, Goodwin and who else?

Hird has a long term plan for how the group plays and we've been building that plan.

Exactly.

If Hird is back in 12 months as we all believe, their is no chance the club will bring someone in from the outside to deviate from that plan, to then only reinstate it just prior to finals!

It's Bombers if he wants it. It's Goodwin's if Bomber doesn't want it. It's going to be difficult if they both say no...

Also I would love Sheeds to be back at the club in some form. His LOVE for the club has been quite clear over this last season and if you can't find a position for someone who has 30+ years in the game you make one.

Given Hird has been suspended for 12 months what involvement can he still have with the other coaches and players. Can they stop him from meeting with the incoming and assistant coaches and the players in private away from the cub?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back