Who will coach the Eagles in 2014?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry, but your common knowledge has a bad habit of being uncommonly wrong.

It did appear Worsfold was a stubborn coach, however the changes to our forwardline were noticeable pre and post Sumich.

Some were good, however Fremantle's forwardline approach is not terribly different to our own in '11.

Sumich is a forward and Woosha is a defender. I'd say their perspective on football was pretty different as players and there is no reason why it would be the same as coaches.

Sumich is much more offensively minded and that would flow into the best 22 and the list in general.

Sumich is a forward and Woosha is a defender. I'd say their perspective on football was pretty different as players and there is no reason why it would be the same as coaches.

Sumich is much more offensively minded and that would flow into the best 22 and the list in general.
Why?

I haven't seen any evidence that playing position, effects coaching approach in any meaningful way.

In fact, when Sumich was our forwardline coach he had a particularly defensive approach.

I read it about 3 times.

Whilst Simpson Magic wouldn't be the worst name in the world, the fact that the phrase wasn't emblazoned on the most iconic Eagles crowd sign of the 90s would rule it out for me.
suma-organic-hemp-seeds-250g-2547.jpg

As long as the new coach comes in and gives Ash Smith his marching orders by this Friday then his done enough in my eyes.. team moral would have been boosted.. Players who played alongside him will walk taller knowing that he wont ever be in the same team as them.. I'm still shaking my head at his performances last season. Body language was a disgrace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone who lives in Melbourne needs to camp out at the airport tonight and keep us updated on any Simpson sightings...

Did Simmo travel back or still in Perth.

Still in would be good news.

As long as the new coach comes in and gives Ash Smith his marching orders by this Friday then his done enough in my eyes.. team moral would have been boosted.. Players who played alongside him will walk taller knowing that he wont ever be in the same team as them.. I'm still shaking my head at his performances last season. Body language was a disgrace.

Couldnt agree more...he is woeful and the body language call is spot on. Trade for a 3rd rounder if we can get it or give him to Brisbane as compensation.

And we do not want King anywhere near our club as an assistant coach....talks absolute rubbish on his TV shows. The coaches who appear on the shows with him all counter his so called "strategies and tactics" and generally talks garbage most of the time. His time at Richmond is enough to scare any other team away.

With ya on that one , he lost me when Kennedy ran from 30 metres
Behind him past him and and caught Dalehouse from the Doggies
I couldn't believe what I saw , he was just standing there , yeah I'd P--- him off as well but then
Again the new coach might be able to get the best out of him , that would really
S--- me if they got rid of him and he played well for someone else
Either way the attitude needs to change , these kids need to play for
The Jumper first and money second

I'm a bit torn. I'd love to see Suma given a chance. A favourite son coming back to the club and hopefully lifting the cup in the near future. And you'd have to wonder if he's ever going to get a senior gig if not this one. Maybe the Fremantle post when Ross the Boss has enough?

But then Simpson offers something fresh. New ideas and an outlook the club probably needs. A new gameplan and a hard look at personnel needed to cut the mustard.

Heart says Suma, head says Simpson. :p

Why?
I haven't seen any evidence that playing position, effects coaching approach in any meaningful way.

Common sense suggests Sumich knows what rubbish supply is like.

In fact, when Sumich was our forwardline coach he had a particularly defensive approach.

The forward press? hardly his invention and initiative id have though. It does makes scoring harder.

Someone who lives in Melbourne needs to camp out at the airport tonight and keep us updated on any Simpson sightings...
No they need to camp out at his Melbourne house and see if his family make a trip to the airport!

Tim Gossage on 10 news: the update on the west coast job is their is no update... But both camps are confident!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back