• The Kangas

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • The Pies

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • The Dockers

Votes: 7 4.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton have no chance so as long as Essendon and collingwood don't win it (fat chance this year) I couldn't care less who does.

People...disregard the Lions at your own peril.

Nope, I don't think anyone is wrong or right, these are purely predictions.
I have mine, as everyone else does. I am simply saying I don't understand how people think teams such as freo will do it this year.

This year is going to be a really open one i believe. Port Adelaide may start slight favourites, but i feel they will struggle to back it up again in 2005, especially considering the age of their squad and some departures.

Brisbane are a good chance, but again retirements and age count against them, i cant see them doing it again without Lynch.

St.Kilda won't win 10 in a row again at the start of the year, so it will be interesting to see if they can improve on their finish to the year (the last 10 home and away rounds). I think they will finish high on the ladder but im not sure if they will go all the way, however, they are as good a chance as any.

Geelong won't make the top 4, let alone be any threat to the Grand Final. I believe they will finish 5th-8th on the ladder and won't be as lucky in the finals (this season they only won 1 and it was against the side that finished 8th in the home and away season - and the only reason Essendon won in the first week was because Melbournes form was pretty poor). They got flogged by a real team in the first week, just got over a fast-finishing Bombers, who should never have made the 2nd week of the finals and then were lucky with the MCC agreement and would have been flogged had the game been played at the GABBA where it should have been.

The only other sides i can see getting anywhere are West Coast, Essendon, Sydney and Collingwood. However, out of the 4, the Eagles are probably the best of the rest, yet they won't win the GF in 05, but should be a force for the next few years.

So no team stands out.. but thats what makes the AFL so exciting.. no one expected the Saints to be within a kick of the GF (and probably would have won it too) before the season so anything can happen.

i disagree coasters, i think francou and primus coming back will more than account for losing carr, and i think you will see the difference between port and the rest of the comp widen. they are red hot favourites for another flag i reckon.

the saints are the only ones that will be able to keep pace with them, and that depends on how good cornflakes really is (2nd-5th). brisbane will drop off but still be great (3rd-6th), melbourne will be very patchy but ok as befitting a good young team on the rise (4th-7th) and geelong are just pretenders who will get found out this year (7th-10th).

collingwood are too old and dont have to depth to cover their inevitable injury woes. if they are really lucky they will crack the top 8, if they are unlucky again this year they will stay in the bottom 4 (8th-13th).

the eagles and dockers both have great lists of players but how they do will depend on the quality of their coaching staff, and im afraid connolly will again struggle to get his talent to really preform when it counts and they will roll around upper mid table again (5th-8th). the eagles on the other hand have a really good coach who will reap the benefit of a fit gardiner and cousins and a good draw (3rd-6th)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

collingwood will be the team to watch this year for sure. saints and port will be favs id imagine but dont go writing us off just yet!!

zero said:
i disagree coasters, i think francou and primus coming back will more than account for losing carr, and i think you will see the difference between port and the rest of the comp widen. they are red hot favourites for another flag i reckon.

After two years out i cannot see Francou and Primus being the players they once were, especially at their ages. Will improve them, but i feel the rest of their side will drop off in performance. They will still make the Preliminary finals IMO, but beyond that we will have to wait and see.

Crap on all you like Fireman, but this is just another stroke my ego poll posted by a saints fan. You know its a joke when the Eagles and Port have the same amount of votes. Port are clearly favourites, Saints havent proven themselves yet. They lost the PF, its not world beating stuff. What if they are stuck playing Port again? They will lose.

I cant believe you actually seem to live by what a Big Footy poll says. Most Victorians will vote for a Victorian team over Port. Everyone will vote against Collingwood. Put them in a poll with St Kilda and you will come out on top. Hate my theory all you like, but its fact. Of course your ego has shutout any sense at all as you are so blinded by your sides 3rd place finish. You think they are suddenly the greatest team ever and will win the flag every year. Get over it. I just hope you are still around at years end to cop the crap back

St. Kilda would be the betting choice. I don't know if they can overcome the ghosts of seasons past and a long history of disappointment. Even rabid Sainters have to admit there is a lot of added pressure on the members of this Saints squad.

eddiesmith said:
Crap on all you like Fireman, but this is just another stroke my ego poll posted by a saints fan. You know its a joke when the Eagles and Port have the same amount of votes. Port are clearly favourites, Saints havent proven themselves yet. They lost the PF, its not world beating stuff. What if they are stuck playing Port again? They will lose.

I cant believe you actually seem to live by what a Big Footy poll says. Most Victorians will vote for a Victorian team over Port. Everyone will vote against Collingwood. Put them in a poll with St Kilda and you will come out on top. Hate my theory all you like, but its fact. Of course your ego has shutout any sense at all as you are so blinded by your sides 3rd place finish. You think they are suddenly the greatest team ever and will win the flag every year. Get over it. I just hope you are still around at years end to cop the crap back
so on the basis you lost to a team once you will lose to them if met again next year??? doesn't look good for collingwood this year then does it??? oh and before you start yeah yeah history flags vs spoons but I know whose future I would rather have now....

rosejam said:
same except i would drop brisbane and add westcoast

Do you have a brain??? :confused:

The Power from Port will be the team to beat next year. Have an excellent lineup. And I wouldn't say Collingwood are smokies or dark horses for the flag, they are more smokies to make the 8. Simply do not have a good enough list. Cats are close but still will have to wait another two years or so.

daveymagik said:
Do you have a brain??? :confused:

The Power from Port will be the team to beat next year. Have an excellent lineup. And I wouldn't say Collingwood are smokies or dark horses for the flag, they are more smokies to make the 8. Simply do not have a good enough list. Cats are close but still will have to wait another two years or so.

um think you quoted the wrong post mate as I certaintly did not say anything in there......I said it would be out of
Power
Saints
West Coast
Geelong......

Remove this Banner Ad

Who Will win the 2005 Premiership?

Back