Who will win the premiership in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a huge misconception. I can't believe people still believe this. One person says we have no depth, then another says it...and before you know it, everyone starts believing it. Our depth is fine, much better than most, our mid-season slump was due to (I believe) our intense training regime rather than injuries.

The slump may have been due to the fact that you do have a young side which will be better after another preseason and so more capable of running out a long season, however I'm sure that you'd feel more comfortable winning H&A games with depth players stepping up, and giving Hinkley the kind of headaches he wants for September.

Still, all you can do is prove the doubters wrong (not that I want you to, I want the 3peat;)).

This is a huge misconception. I can't believe people still believe this. One person says we have no depth, then another says it...and before you know it, everyone starts believing it. Our depth is fine, much better than most, our mid-season slump was due to (I believe) our intense training regime rather than injuries.
Who is Port's depth? Players who are AFL ready and could actually come in and play a role for a few weeks if needed. If you could break the list down into general positions (KPD, mid, HF, ruck, etc.) that would be great as I don't really know Port's list outside of their best 15 or so. Not being a smart ass, I genuinely want to know.

Hawks clearly still the team to beat

Challengers - port are the obvious standout , they have the right list profile. Hard to see freo improving enough to challenge. Swans dependent on buddy - if he continues to play at 2014 level he will continue to mask their shaky, ageing defence and slow midfield, but they can't beat haw regardless. Geel no chance. Jury still out on north, but with their recruiting it's all or nothing on 2015. Suspect they are not up to it. 2015 has all the hallmarks of a bolter leaping into the top 4 and having an impact, suspect the tigers are most likely

Sydney to beat a nervous Port Adelaide team

This is my ladder and finals next year

So you think the Lions, who now have one ofthe bt midfields in the competition including Beams, Rich, Christiensen, Hanley and Rockliff, will finish 13th? They may still not have a top quallity team, but surely they have to finish much higher than 13?!?!

Freo will go far folks. I rate Silvagni as a key defender and if they get Ibbo and Johnson fit, combined with Ballantyne and Walters up front, they would be very well rounded side. I went to the semi against port and they were in complete control in the first half and could have put the game away...
Will quietly chip away and actually get that top 2 spot they need to win a GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn.
Superbly coached , the best drilled team, they know how to peak now for the big day, they recruit shrewdly and effectively, sublime skills all over the ground, and as long as Mitchell stays fit- their barometer, imho- Hawks over all takers.

Hawthorn.
Superbly coached , the best drilled team, they know how to peak now for the big day, they recruit shrewdly and effectively, sublime skills all over the ground, and as long as Mitchell stays fit- their barometer, imho- Hawks over all takers.

Our chances of winning the Premiership in 2015 really depend on how well our senior players play next year. If they can maintain that form they displayed this year, then I'd say we are a chance of winning it again, but they could just as easily drop off about 5-10% in their game and that may see us end up being overtaken by Port Adelaide or Sydney.

Our chances of winning in 2015 really depend on how well our senior players play. If they can maintain that form they displayed this year then I'd say we are a chance of winning it again, but they could just as easily drop off 5-10% and that may see us being overtaken by Port Adelaide or Sydney.
We can only hope for the latter, us non-Hawk fans, but they are onto something very special, and competition for spots and great depth should secure their fitness when it counts.

Freo will go far folks. I rate Silvagni as a key defender and if they get Ibbo and Johnson fit, combined with Ballantyne and Walters up front, they would be very well rounded side. I went to the semi against port and they were in complete control in the first half and could have put the game away...
They burnt their chance with that group in 2013.

Lack of tall forwards is killer. Expect Sandi and Pav to have less impact due to age as well. 2013 was their chance

If the 2014 GF proved anything it's that the game is as much mental as physical. That's why the Swans are a chance and also why Brisbane and North are NO chance, mentally they are no where near up to it. Hawks V Fremantle GF I think with Ross da boss dropping a 5th GF by a couple of kicks.

Who is Port's depth? Players who are AFL ready and could actually come in and play a role for a few weeks if needed. If you could break the list down into general positions (KPD, mid, HF, ruck, etc.) that would be great as I don't really know Port's list outside of their best 15 or so. Not being a smart ass, I genuinely want to know.

Best 22 is as follows imo:

B: Hombsch Carlile Jonas
HB: Pittard Trengove Broadbent
C: Polec Wines Hartlett
HF: Gray Westhoff Wingard
F: Ryder Schulz Neade
Foll: Lobbe Boak Ebert
INT: Cornes White Monfries
Sub: Young

Depth wise there's the following (will write a bit about each player as you don't know much about them):

Cam O'Shea: can player anywhere from the 3rd tall to the smallest guy in the backline. Best used as a 3rd man up guy. Played over a dozen games last year in the seniors, and I don't think he missed a game in 2013. I suspect he'll be the unlucky one to get dropped to fit Ryder in.

Paul Stewart: Can play forward or back. Very good engine. I personally think his best position is as a defensive forward. I don't rate him highly, but he's a good utility who has over 80 games at AFL level. Not a scrubber.

Tom Clurey: Not known to anyone outside of Alberton. Has only played the one game. Given Port's depth in the backline it's hard to see him getting a game unless at least 3 of the preferred back 6 got injured. Shutdown defender but a little undersized.

Jarman Impey: First round pick in 2013, played 18 games this past season. Port are very high on him, he's got a lot of class. Can play forward, back or in the middle. Suspect his best position will be as a half back flanker eventually, especially with the amount of high half forwards being used in the AFL these days.

Andrew Moore: Top 10 draft pick, has played 50ish games. Used as the sub primarily. Lots of talent, needs to get his body right. Was in Port's best 22 in the finals. Big bodied midfielder with a big engine.

Sam Colquhoun: Played 10 games in 2013 for Port. Highly rated internally. Big injury last year but he is already running on the track and should get a full ore-season under his belt. Will expect him to be one of the first to be called up in the event of an injury.

Kane Mitchell: 2nd biggest engine at the club (Cornes being #1). Limited in his ability, but he's someone who is always going to put in 110%. Have always thought personally he makes to be the ideal sub.

Karl Amon: Unlucky not to get a game this year. Lots of class. Should get some game time this year in a pinch as a sub/crumbing forward.

The rest of the guys I'll admit are iffy, but I am comfortable with Port's list 30 deep. If they get 6-7 injuries at the one time, they're going to be screwed, but given the quality high performance at Alberton, I suspect the chance of that is going to be on the freak end of the scale.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will win the premiership in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back