Who will win the premiership in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't see anyone outside of Port, Hawks or Swans winning it. The window is well and truly open for Port for at least the next 5-6 years. If we win it next year, expect the flood gates to open

Wary about Port, the competition is littered with teams that have kinda come out of the blue, had a great season, performed well in finals, got hyped up to the max and then gone nowhere. Very few runs on the board, have proven nothing yet. I think they will, but reserving judgment at this stage.

:rainbow:

Far out, Port Supporters have taken over from Hawthorn as the biggest Goo Chugging, Fart Bottling supporters on bigfooty.

To be fair they are a big chance and have landed Ryder. That said I don't have them beating Hawthorn or a fired up Sydney. Freo are the one I forgot and I rate their best over Port's.

Can't see anyone outside of Port, Hawks or Swans winning it. The window is well and truly open for Port for at least the next 5-6 years. If we win it next year, expect the flood gates to open

At least Collingwood actually won the premiership before their supporters got way ahead of themselves about a supposed 'dynasty'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair they are a big chance and have landed Ryder. That said I don't have them beating Hawthorn or a fired up Sydney. Freo are the one I forgot and I rate their best over Port's.
Yeah they have landed Ryder, but he also has an ASADA ban hanging over his head and could get a 2 year ban at any time. Ports Depth is very average compared to Hawthorns and Sydney's, which is why they didn't win more games and finish higher this year.

Wary about Port, the competition is littered with teams that have kinda come out of the blue, had a great season, performed well in finals, got hyped up to the max and then gone nowhere. Very few runs on the board, have proven nothing yet. I think they will, but reserving judgment at this stage.

The teams that bolt out of the blue and win a few finals along the way are the ones to be wary of. The acquisition of Ryder is huge. I'm tipping Westhoff to be a major beneficiary.

Port Adelaide for mine, very nearly rolled the back to back Premiers at the G, if not for appalling missed sodas in front of goal, and some dubious/inexplicable umpiring..

Paddy Ryder is the icing on a cake primed for a sustained premiership tilt over the next 7-8 years.

Only injuries/bad luck will stop Port from winning it all in 2015, their depth and spread of talent is better then any other team in the league (esp considering their median age) ..

Nothing less then at least a GF appearance should be considered a wasted season by Port TBH

Yeah they have landed Ryder, but he also has an ASADA ban hanging over his head and could get a 2 year ban at any time. Ports Depth is very average compared to Hawthorns and Sydney's, which is why they didn't win more games and finish higher this year.

Expect a severe lashing with a wet lettuce leaf.

Also and I know Port supporters would say otherwise...but an injury or two down back and they are in big trouble as they found this year

You mean like Adelaide after 2012?

False analogy. Adelaide had a piss easy draw in 2012 and did jack shit in 2011. Then they lost Tippett. Port have made the finals two years in a row with a reasonably hard draw in 2014. Then they recruited Ryder.

False analogy. Adelaide had a piss easy draw in 2012 and did jack shit in 2011. Then they lost Tippett. Port have made the finals two years in a row with a reasonably hard draw in 2012. Then they recruited Ryder.

But its still based on the notion that both teams got close to Hawthorn in a prelim no?

I mean if Fremantle had put Port away would they even be getting a mention in this thread?

But its still based on the notion that both teams got close to Hawthorn in a prelim no?

I mean if Fremantle had put Port away would they even be getting a mention in this thread?

Thanks for proving my point. Port beat Freo in Perth in a final. Therefore they are a flag threat. Adelaide did not do as well in 2013, so Roddy's analogy remains incorrect.

ps - I still think the Hawks are the team to beat.

Port looked good when they had 0 injuries at the end, but in the middle when they actually copped some injuries they were absolutely woeful. They almost lost to Melbourne at home

Not to mention, as good as Ryder 'is'....is he really that good. He has had 1 'vaguely' AA type season. He is very inconsistent and plays his best football as a ruck man. I am far from convinced he will be as good as a forward who rucks in patches.

For me Port are getting to the most ovverated status, and it isn't their fault. Everyone is saying...Ryder will get them a flag...well um no. He might but I'd be banking on Sydney and Hawthorn first!

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will win the premiership in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back