Oppo Camp Who will you follow in the finals assuming we don’t make it?

Who will you follow in the finals?

• Dogs

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • Hawks

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Some interstate club

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • Stfu we are going to make it

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Anyone who beats the blues and dons.

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Not going to watch finals.

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 7.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

1. GWS - watching them win one from 2016-19 would have sucked as they felt like an AFL lovechild. Since Jezza left, it's felt like their own side they've put together so I'm not pissy about any start-up advantages. It's good for the long term growth of the game too. The club will rot worse than the Lions of the 2010's if they don't win a cup. Also no supporters to flex the flag.
2. Fremantle - don't have any supporters in Melbourne so who cares if they win one?
3. Port Adelaide - not a very likable team but would be hilarious if Ken won one after their supporters have hated his guts for years
4. Brisbane - also not a very likable list but it'll be hard not to follow them as long as one of their kids I know is in the side. They've worked hard for years, they probably deserve one.

5. Western Bulldogs - would be happy for Adz and Bont. Don't care for a lot of their other players.
6. Essendon - don't hate them like other Pies supporters do. They're no chance, but

7. Geelong - I'm accustomed to them being too successful for their own good so another flag won't kill me. Hopefully Henry misses the side though.
8. Hawthorn - entertaining young side. I'd die a happy man if I never saw another Hawks flag though.
9. Sydney - would love to have them lose a GF to an interstate club. A club with heads so far up their asses with regards to their advantages. Deserve nothing.
10. Carlton - obvious reasons

As above, wouldn't "follow" any team though my peference in order would be Freo, GWS, or dogs.

I'd love to see not a single final played in Melbourne until the Grand Final between GWS and Fremantle. This would be contingent on Geelong losing against GWS in a preliminary final in Geelong.

I'd hope that grand final would be an unwatchable, defensive stalemate in borderline unplayable conditions that results in an attendance less than 30,000 as no soulless corporate would be caught dead attending such a who cares fixture if it's not instagram worthy.

This grand final would be so bad, people would forget it easily to the point where people in the future would confuse Collingwood for going back to back after winning the flag next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we win the next 2 matches and Freo loses their next 2 matches, then we're in the finals. That outcome is actually very realistic. Otherwise, I'd like to see Freo or GWS win their first premierships.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Who will you follow in the finals assuming we don’t make it?

Back