Who would you prefer take an after-the-siren kick for goal?

Remove this Banner Ad

GeeCat

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2003
TJBC
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
TDot, LFC
Who would you prefer take an after-the-siren kick for goal FROM 50 METRES?

The final siren has sounded in the Grand Final and you are down by 5 points. You need a goal to win. Who would you prefer to take the kick for goal FROM 50 METRES OUT after the siren from the following:

-Matthew Lloyd
-Alan Didak
-Peter Riccardi
-Angelo Lekkas
-Nick Davis
-Brad Green

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasnt it a year or 2 ago that Lloyd lined up for a shot after the final siren for a Essendon win (against Bulldogs) and he kicked a point. LOL.

Originally posted by M29
Bolton, just to see the look on his face when he f*cks it up.

Haha :D

Lloyd, of course.

Although if we are 5 points down vs Carlton on the siren next year i wouldn't mind the irony of seeing Justin Murphy put it through :) *essendon win by a point, essendon win by a point!*

I'm not disputing Lloyd's kicking skills here, but didn't he hit the post after the siren against the Bulldogs I think it was from only 25 metres out, and the game ended up a draw?

I would've gone for Daryn Cresswell before he retired - following the "keep it simple" model, but also in the mix would be

Nick Davis
Barry Hall
Anthony Rocca
Wildcard:
Jason Akermanis - there is no situation in footy that would intimidate this guy

I would choose Quentin Leach for sure, proven performer, but Lloydy would be a very close 2nd and i would probably trust riccardi, another proven performer, haha suck on that blues

None of the aforementioned players would be my choice to take a kick for goal in the Gf with the opposition 5 points up. Why? None of them play for St Kilda, and, if the opponant was my team, I'd rather not have Lloyd take the shot!
If he did somehow cross to St Kilda though, put the ball oin his hands, no question. He can throw a truckload of grass if he wants, as long as he wins us the flag! :D

Originally posted by rwfan83
I'm not disputing Lloyd's kicking skills here, but didn't he hit the post after the siren against the Bulldogs I think it was from only 25 metres out, and the game ended up a draw?

Twas more like 48m, 45 degree angle...and on the wrong side for a left footer. The guy may be the best FF in the game today but he can't do everything.

Well considering I'd want a North player taking the kick...

Inside 50: Shannon grant
Outside 50: David King

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you prefer take an after-the-siren kick for goal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back