Who would you support if your team folded and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

We won't fold. :mad:

However if we did for some reason (nothing to do with the current saga) I wouldn't support a team. I would just support the game in general.

Surpised at how many people would leave the game if their team folded. Not easy to take but I really do question if you are a true fan? Being a jilted lover about it is unhealthy.

Get over yourself.

The people who talk in such ways about North are doing exactly what you've become so good at- trolling.

Just like this thread is a troll. A piece of rubbish.

Been a rough few days mate?

DoP cops a lot of shit on here and a fair bit of it is of the 'Norf' variety.

A little bit of humility goes a long way.

BTW. Would support the Tigers. I love their optimism every year and their never say die attitude, no matter how crap they are.

It wouldn't matter where you threw it. What you should have done was rip your dick off and then jump into a river of lava.
Settle down, if I was going to jump on any bandwagon it'd be the Tigers one. Let's not encourage self-maiming.

Been a rough few days mate?

DoP cops a lot of shit on here and a fair bit of it is of the 'Norf' variety.

A little bit of humility goes a long way.

BTW. Would support the Tigers. I love their optimism every year and their never say die attitude, no matter how crap they are.

Humility? Strewth mate, I don't think I have lacked that here.

DoP cops shit because he dishes it out- at three obvious targets in particular. I don't, and never have, like when people get on the 'Norf' trolling bandwagon, and I understand that it must be annoying for decent North supporters to be on the end of.

But DoP is in no position to cry foul over people trolling.

As a long suffering South/Sydney fan I was used to the concept of getting behind a different team for the finals - usually the underdog. Through the early 90's I backed the Cats. They're no longer an underdog but I still have a soft spot for them.

I know many people who feel the same way about the Bulldogs and prior to 05 & 12 the Swans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Essendon don't fold. I hope the 80% that get rubbed out are replaced by reserves grade state league footballers and the supporters are forced to barrack for that for the next 2 years.

Forced? Like at gunpoint or something?

We'd support them.. and you know what? They'd win games dammit.

8MGle_zps2031537c.gif

I would support north for sure

Best young list in the AFL by a mile...whats not to like?:)

The AFL would lose my support if St Kilda folded. I'd attend South Adelaide games to get my footy fix, which I already do most weeks now anyway. I dont understand how people could jump onto another club with any sort of passion.

Already seen my NBL club die (Nth Melb/Victoria), and while I tried to remain an "interested onlooker" for a few years it was never going to be sustainable in the long run.

North Melbourne probably. Similar culture to Freo and I like the way the club works and the feel they have. Don't mind the Hawks, either. If I still lived in WA, it'd be South Fremantle.

Nobody. Although I guess I'd take a bit more interest in the Doggies and the Saints since they were the teams that my grandfathers supported.

Wouldn't go out of my way to watch games though, and certainly wouldn't even consider buying a membership or any merchandise.

I love my club and I have a serious attachment to them. They're the focus of my weekend in the winter months. I think everyone on this website is like that. But I love footy. It's not the greatest thing in the world, and it's not my whole life, but talking about and going to the footy is something I just really like. I could never give that up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you support if your team folded and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back