Who would you want coaching your team in '06?

Remove this Banner Ad

demon_fan

Rookie
Sep 8, 2004
Other Teams
Melbourne

Leigh Matthews?
Paul Roos?
John Worsfold?
Neil Craig?
Neale Danniher?
Grant Thomas?
Mark Williams?

1. John Worsfold (West Coast Eagles)
2. Paul Roos (Sydney)
3. Grant Thomas (St.Kilda)
4. Mark Thompson (Geelong)
5. Neil Craig (Adelaide)
6. Chris Connolly (Fremantle)
7. Mark Williams (Port Adelaide)
8. Terry Wallace (Richmond)

9. Rodney Eade (Bulldogs)
10. Kevin Sheedy (Essendon)
11. Leigh Matthews (Brisbane)
12. Mick Malthouse (Collingwood)
13. Dean Laidley (Kangaroos)
14. Alastair Clarkson (Hawthorn)
15. Dennis Pagan (Carlton)
16. Neale Daniher (Melbourne)

Cuzz09 said:
1. John Worsfold (West Coast Eagles)
2. Paul Roos (Sydney)
3. Grant Thomas (St.Kilda)
4. Mark Thompson (Geelong)
5. Neil Craig (Adelaide)
6. Chris Connolly (Fremantle)
7. Mark Williams (Port Adelaide)
8. Terry Wallace (Richmond)

9. Rodney Eade (Bulldogs)
10. Kevin Sheedy (Essendon)
11. Leigh Matthews (Brisbane)
12. Mick Malthouse (Collingwood)
13. Dean Laidley (Kangaroos)
14. Alastair Clarkson (Hawthorn)
15. Dennis Pagan (Carlton)
16. Neale Daniher (Melbourne)

Interesting....

Premierships
1. 0
2. 1
3. 0
4. 0
5. 0
6. 0
7. 1
8. 0

9. 0
10. 4
11. 4
12. 2
13. 0
14. 0
15. 2
16. 0

2 in the top half of your ladder and 12 in the bottom half....

demon_fan said:
Interesting....

Premierships
1. 0
2. 1
3. 0
4. 0
5. 0
6. 0
7. 1
8. 0

9. 0
10. 4
11. 4
12. 2
13. 0
14. 0
15. 2
16. 0

2 in the top half of your ladder and 12 in the bottom half....

It doesnt matter about how many premierships they have won in the past coz every year is new.

Look at the 4 teams that were in the Preliminary Finals in 2005:

Sydney (Paul Roos) None
St.Kilda (Grant Thomas) None
West Coast (John Worsfold) None
Adelaide (Neil Craig) None

Nobody would have realistically thought that at the start of the year.

You are probably upset that I put the Dees bottom - I wouldnt worry about what I predict -its just a thought.

Cuzz09 said:
It doesnt matter about how many premierships they have won in the past coz every year is new.

Look at the 4 teams that were in the Preliminary Finals in 2005:

Sydney (Paul Roos) None
St.Kilda (Grant Thomas) None
West Coast (John Worsfold) None
Adelaide (Neil Craig) None

Nobody would have realistically thought that at the start of the year.

You are probably upset that I put the Dees bottom - I wouldnt worry about what I predict -its just a thought.

- I was a bit supprised you had neale down there.
- I would have him above Clarkson, Laidley and Thomas.
- I've never really rated GT as a coach as I feel the last two years the Saints have tripped on the last hurdle and bowed out after the Prelim. Finals and should have gone further
- As for Laidley, he had the team of the 90's and turned them into a fringe team.
- Though, I do agree Neale is in an average coach as he has one of the best sides in the league on paper and yet melbourne supporters have had to see the team bow out in the first week of the finals two years running. He isn't a particularly special coach but he ain't the worst IMO

parrot said:
Denis Pagan. :)
One of his assistants, Barry Mitchell. I rate him very highly. I was impressed with the way he worked with the Bullants and getting those Carlton players to work for him in highly committed fashion, something Pagan was unable to do....again!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

demon_fan said:
- I was a bit supprised you had neale down there.
- I would have him above Clarkson, Laidley and Thomas.
- I've never really rated GT as a coach as I feel the last two years the Saints have tripped on the last hurdle and bowed out after the Prelim. Finals and should have gone further
- As for Laidley, he had the team of the 90's and turned them into a fringe team.
- Though, I do agree Neale is in an average coach as he has one of the best sides in the league on paper and yet melbourne supporters have had to see the team bow out in the first week of the finals two years running. He isn't a particularly special coach but he ain't the worst IMO

No - he isnt the worst - but I dunno why I just have the feeling Melbourne wont have a very good year. I wouldnt take anything from it but just seems like they will play alot of away games as home games and that puts them on the back foot already.

Jimthegreat said:
One of his assistants, Barry Mitchell. I rate him very highly. I was impressed with the way he worked with the Bullants and getting those Carlton players to work for him in highly committed fashion, something Pagan was unable to do....again!
But that is what parrot sees as the best,a coach who is able to finish on the bottom to get draft picks :thumbsu:

demon_fan said:
- As for Laidley, he had the team of the 90's

Don't really care if you or others like, or rate Laidley but surely you're not serious with this comment.

- Though, I do agree Neale is in an average coach as he has one of the best sides in the league on paper

Oh, now I get it.

Bomber - hes got something special with the kids i reckon. but what would i know i say.

Matthews would be nice, or Craig.

At any other club Mathews but at Collingwood, Paul Roos. I’ve wanted him as coach for a long time and it came as no surprise to see him achieve what he did. To get that side to win a premiership was a great effort. When they had a few missing he eeked out wins as best he could and kept his side in contention while Malthouse presided over 100 point losses to Freo. It’s also pretty hard not to rate what Craig did with Adelaide. I’d like to see him back it up again though. If Sheedy was younger I’d take him without hesitation. No one has kept a club competitive like he has. With a bit more luck he could have 5 or 6 flags to his credit.

Other than Roos or Mathews, I’d like to go for a new option. I really wish Collingwood had taken a risk and appointed Mick McGuane with someone like Alves to oversee/backstop/step in if disaster struck when Freo pumped us early in 2005. A contract for the rest of the year while he was watched and assessed would have been an ideal for a risky option to have been trialled. McGuane has some of the qualities you’d love in a coach but some of the personal traits that make him a risk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back