Who's The Best Footballer In The Land???

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think Pavlich is the best for many reasons. The main one being I don't think any one player is the best in the league. That, and players such as Tredrea and Hall are better players (those who play a similar position to pavlich)

in reference to first post...SAM MITCHELL!!!!!!! wow, not gonna bag u but that is the most random suggestion ive heard. he wouldnt be in my top 200, but obviously its a personal opinion so fair enough.
personally judd

I'd say Scarlett, I don't think anyone plays their position as well as him, but I'm probably biased. I think the big 5 CHFs would be right up there in Tredrea, Pavlich, Brown, Riewolt and Hall, Tredrea and Pavlich single-handedly dragged their teams into finals contention, Brown was sensational until his OP, Hall has been a star all year and Riewolt was injured all year, but is a star at 100%. Judd, Akermanis, Black and West could all lay claim to being the best midfielder and the best player. I can't think of any other defenders who I'd put as the best in the comp, perhaps Clement, McPhee and Wirrapunda could lay claims as they are deadly on the rebound, but I think they lack the defensive skills to be the best.

WestCat said:
I'd say Scarlett, I don't think anyone plays their position as well as him, but I'm probably biased. I think the big 5 CHFs would be right up there in Tredrea, Pavlich, Brown, Riewolt and Hall, Tredrea and Pavlich single-handedly dragged their teams into finals contention, Brown was sensational until his OP, Hall has been a star all year and Riewolt was injured all year, but is a star at 100%. Judd, Akermanis, Black and West could all lay claim to being the best midfielder and the best player. I can't think of any other defenders who I'd put as the best in the comp, perhaps Clement, McPhee and Wirrapunda could lay claims as they are deadly on the rebound, but I think they lack the defensive skills to be the best.

No Richo?

MVFC__ said:
No Richo?

Tends to be a bit more up and down than the others. When he's up, he's just as good as any of the others on a good day, but when he's down, he really goes off the boil. He improved this year and was more consistent, but I still have doubts about him because of past years. If he performs next year like he did this year and looks like an on field leader, then I'd probably rate him the same, but until then he stays a notch below.

- no.1 in the league for contested marks
- 4th most goals in the league

Playing for the worst team comapred to those 5.

redbacksfan said:
Fellow Port fan, I don't want to alarm you, but people do have contrasting opinions.

Instead of "arrogantly" suggesting Pavlich isn't - perhaps you could suggest why?

I think Judd is the best in the league, but I believe Pavlich ain't that far behind. In a squad that consistently provides poor delivery to their forwards, Pavlich has been an absolute domination in that team.

Then again, midfielders and goal-kicking forwards will always have biased opinions shown to them. Of course, a backman could never be the best in many people's eyes. Rubbish!

And to the arseclown spitting chips about Tredrea, go play with the traffic. He's probably in the top ten in the competition - but clearly isn't the best.

I wasn't spitting chips, i was merely having a go at your mate for shooting down my view on who the best player in the land is,i have no doubt that tredrea is in the top 10 but the same could be said about Hall as well!

Ten Ton Hammer said:
I wasn't spitting chips, i was merely having a go at your mate for shooting down my view on who the best player in the land is,i have no doubt that tredrea is in the top 10 but the same could be said about Hall as well!

I never said Tredrea was the best player. Iv'e said a few times that I don't think you can call any one player the best in the league. You put forward no evidence to support your claim.

Ten Ton Hammer said:
Mate you started this by critising everyones opioun instead of telling us your view on who is the best player.

Do I have to say it again? I don't think there is any one player who is the best. Players of different positions, and their worth to their respective clubs can not be compared.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

top few

- j.akermanis
- j.brown
- c.judd
- m.pavlich
- n.brown
- m.richardson
- n.dal santo
- n.buckley

(soon c.sylvia...lol)

demon_fan said:
top few

- j.akermanis
- j.brown
- c.judd
- m.pavlich
- n.brown
- m.richardson
- n.dal santo
- n.buckley

(soon c.sylvia...lol)

richardson and buckley? WTF are you on?

Edit: Reasons... richo is not as good as other players in his class, such as pavlich, Tredrea, J. brown and hall. Buckley is on his way out, has been no where near his best the past couple of seasons.

WestCat said:

i'd say Rutten plays it better... according to the AA judges as well!

holds the big names to no touches in the forward 50.... and kicks goals on them!!! (Tredrea springs to mind....) also did a great job on Gehrig....

Depending on criteria...

I'd have to say Pavlich, purely because he pretty much can play any position and hasn't done a bad job. Whether he's been down back, forward or midfield, he's done pretty well.

Even though he's not a Swan, I love little Sammy Mitchell. He absolutley killed us at the SCG last year and I've followed him ever since.

He is one player I'd like to see in the Red and White.

Scott_Prince_wideweb__430x311.jpg

r26-10.jpg

scott_narrowweb__200x248.jpg

Scott Prince

Jumpin' Jimmy said:
Scott_Prince_wideweb__430x311.jpg

r26-10.jpg

scott_narrowweb__200x248.jpg

Scott Prince

I don't like too many rugby players, but I've got say Scotty Prince is a gem.

An ornament to sport from what I've seen and heard of and about him over the last month or so.

Rex said:
I don't like too many rugby players, but I've got say Scotty Prince is a gem.

An ornament to sport from what I've seen and heard of and about him over the last month or so.
For sure.

He dedicated his Clive Churchill Medal win (best on ground in GF) to his father, Les, who was killed in a car accident while travelling to see him play early in his career when with the Broncos.

He also suffered 2 broken legs during his 3 years at the Broncos so to come back and captain the Wests Tigers to their first premiership is incredible.

Jumpin' Jimmy said:
For sure.

He dedicated his Clive Churchill Medal win (best on ground in GF) to his father, Les, who was killed in a car accident while travelling to see him play early in his career when with the Broncos.

He also suffered 2 broken legs during his 3 years at the Broncos so to come back and captain the Wests Tigers to their first premiership is incredible.

He also rode the football like a Cowboy in post-try celebration once.

Princey 4 PM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's The Best Footballer In The Land???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back