Why are people tipping Essendon for the spoon??

Remove this Banner Ad

Mighty Hawk said:
2963513047804P.JPG

you will need that big spoon to feed on the big serving of ownage you will recieve.

Kooley said:
i don't think so.

Well then you would be making presumptions about my character. Something I don't think you are at liberty to speak about.
1999 hurt, but watching 2000 surpassed that.

In 2005 Carlton supporters take more joy out of 1999 than Essendon supporters take sorrow out of it.

Mighty Hawk said:

Look I can cop sledging from Carlton and Collingwood supporters.
Essendon respect them and vice versa. You'll never see any of these three clubs lie down and be bent over.

I even admire Richmond with their feral supporters - they are passionate at least.

All other teams have some good points.

But Hawthorn - the bad joke of the AFL.
Please spare me.

This is a team where supporters were actually pleased that they had 5 wins this season - PLEASED for gods sake !!!!!!!!

The icing on the cake came after Hawthorn let another victory slip through its grasp against Richmond in Rd 20 or 21. Watched the press conference on Fox Footy and Clarkson actually came in smiling.

No pride, no respect - like a $20 crack whore.

Enjoy your 6 wins again next season - I imagine you lot will be wanting to take an around the world cruise if you achieved that.

Daytripper said:
Look I can cop sledging from Carlton and Collingwood supporters.
Essendon respect them and vice versa. You'll never see any of these three clubs lie down and be bent over.

I even admire Richmond with their feral supporters - they are passionate at least.

All other teams have some good points.

But Hawthorn - the bad joke of the AFL.
Please spare me.

This is a team where supporters were actually pleased that they had 5 wins this season - PLEASED for gods sake !!!!!!!!

The icing on the cake came after Hawthorn let another victory slip through its grasp against Richmond in Rd 20 or 21. Watched the press conference on Fox Footy and Clarkson actually came in smiling.

No pride, no respect - like a $20 crack whore.

Enjoy your 6 wins again next season - I imagine you lot will be wanting to take an around the world cruise if you achieved that.

:D

HAHAHA I caught the big one!

marlin-fishing.jpg

NIBBLER said:
Didn't most of these boys play this year?

Essendon believe they have a chance at a premiership with these boys ( Hird Lloyd, Lucas , Fletcher), and that's why they chased Crawford.

Personally, some of the listed players are vastly overrated (Lloyd and Lucas), and Essendon will require a re-building period to become a power again.

Absolutely spot on - Lucas/Lloyd are overated IMO as well along with the Johnsons, Rama, and lemons like Macveigh (hopeless IMO) they will need to rebuild and chasing Campo aint the answer IMO.

sainter35 said:
Absolutely spot on - Lucas/Lloyd are overated IMO as well along with the Johnsons, Rama, and lemons like Macveigh (hopeless IMO) they will need to rebuild and chasing Campo aint the answer IMO.

do you think we should also take advice on how to win a Premiership from a St.Kilda fan?

Deluded & Unsuccessful Board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is this Mighty Hawk character?? He is sure doing a great job of stirring things up. I am not too worried cos copping crap from a hawks fan. Hawthorn are to football as Ivan Milat is to the Backpacking trade.

sainter35 said:
So crap they beat your team of superstars this year. Over-rated indeed.

Perhaps St. Kilda have the over-rated players. How is Nick Mr. Get kicks in the backhalf dal Santo going? Won anything of note yet?

$35 for the flag and $16 for the spoon. Spend $10 and that's the worse you can do!

I think most of the spoon driven talk comes from strangely Hawthorn fans, who I rate as the equal of us still (notice how much that hasn't really changed over the last 25 years!)

What will happen in the next few weeks - well I can tell people that as of right now, 14 players haven't signed new contracts for next year:

Alvey, Bullen, Cartledge, Cupido, Haynes, Henneman, Hunt, Johns, Murphy, Nash, Reynolds, Rioli, Thomas and Zantuck - of this group, Cupido is the only player being hinted at as being offered a new deal. With Allan and Richards gone already, Lovett and Lovett-Murray being on the senior list and the likelihood that Camporeale and 1 other (Heffernan, Rodan, Lappin, Montgomery, Brayden Shaw are all possibilities, as is redrafting one of the above after delisting), this will change us further.

The Best 22 debate is all subjective. Right now, as a result of last week, I'd have it at:

B: Solomon, Fletcher, Cole
HB: Welsh, Bradley, Lovett-Murray
C: Lovett, McPhee, Dyson
HF: Hird, Lucas, M. Johnson
F: Laycock, Lloyd, Monfries
R: Hille, J. Johnson, Stanton
Int: Ramanauskas, Rioli, McVeigh, Cupido
Emerg: Peverill, Bolton, Watson
Backups: Alvey (looks gone to Richmond), Bullen (likely delisting), Cartledge, Haynes (likely off to Richmond), Henneman, Hunt (likely delisting), Murphy (will be delisted), Nash (who knows), Reynolds (who knows), Thomas (who knows), Zantuck (likely delisting), Slattery, Lee, Johns, Winderlich.

By me, once our delisting is completed, there will be a lot of space for who we are drafting over.

9th to 12th is a likely result for us.

IceTemple said:
We may be deluded but I would hardly call us unsuccessful. If you do then you are the deluded one.

You may not be unsuccessful but you have certainly been underachievers, kind of the same thing.

7zark7 said:
Who is this Mighty Hawk character?? He is sure doing a great job of stirring things up. I am not too worried cos copping crap from a hawks fan. Hawthorn are to football as Ivan Milat is to the Backpacking trade.

:D

:thumbsu:

pazza said:
$35 for the flag and $16 for the spoon. Spend $10 and that's the worse you can do!

I think most of the spoon driven talk comes from strangely Hawthorn fans, who I rate as the equal of us still (notice how much that hasn't really changed over the last 25 years!)

What will happen in the next few weeks - well I can tell people that as of right now, 14 players haven't signed new contracts for next year:

Alvey, Bullen, Cartledge, Cupido, Haynes, Henneman, Hunt, Johns, Murphy, Nash, Reynolds, Rioli, Thomas and Zantuck - of this group, Cupido is the only player being hinted at as being offered a new deal. With Allan and Richards gone already, Lovett and Lovett-Murray being on the senior list and the likelihood that Camporeale and 1 other (Heffernan, Rodan, Lappin, Montgomery, Brayden Shaw are all possibilities, as is redrafting one of the above after delisting), this will change us further.

The Best 22 debate is all subjective. Right now, as a result of last week, I'd have it at:

B: Solomon, Fletcher, Cole
HB: Welsh, Bradley, Lovett-Murray
C: Lovett, McPhee, Dyson
HF: Hird, Lucas, M. Johnson
F: Laycock, Lloyd, Monfries
R: Hille, J. Johnson, Stanton
Int: Ramanauskas, Rioli, McVeigh, Cupido
Emerg: Peverill, Bolton, Watson
Backups: Alvey (looks gone to Richmond), Bullen (likely delisting), Cartledge, Haynes (likely off to Richmond), Henneman, Hunt (likely delisting), Murphy (will be delisted), Nash (who knows), Reynolds (who knows), Thomas (who knows), Zantuck (likely delisting), Slattery, Lee, Johns, Winderlich.

By me, once our delisting is completed, there will be a lot of space for who we are drafting over.

9th to 12th is a likely result for us.

That's about right. This looks to be a rebuilding year at Windy Hill.

Because they had one off year for the first time since 1998.

They will finish somewhere around 8th-10th.

2008 - A Victorian revolution. Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn, Richmond, St.Kilda, Western Bulldogs and possibly North all in the eight. ;) :D

Johnson#26 said:
Because they had one off year for the first time since 1998.

They will finish somewhere around 8th-10th.

2008 - A Victorian revolution. Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn, Richmond, St.Kilda, Western Bulldogs and possibly North all in the eight. ;) :D
cant see geelong falling away so soon either

by then port, brisbane, sydney & adelaide will be on the way down or already at the bottom

Mighty Hawk said:
You may not be unsuccessful but you have certainly been underachievers, kind of the same thing.
So winning is underacheiving now?

Port fans: do you believe your club underacheived with your three year dominance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are people tipping Essendon for the spoon??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back