Why are we still persisting with North?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Selectors are pricks and they ****ing hate us Drumm.
Agreed.

As you said in another thread, I can handle losing. I could handle losing by playing youth and having a developing squad with an eye to the future. But I can't handle losing whilst having a shocking team made up by an absolute moronic selection committee.

Phew, just posted before imminent power failure!

summary of North's innings:

Australia less than 100 when North comes to crease
5 inns, 40 runs at 8, HS: 16

Australia 101 to 150
8 inns, 50 runs at 6.25, HS: 20

Australia 151 to 200
9 inns, 1 not out, 585 runs at 73.15, HS: 128, 4 x 100's, 1 x 50

Australia 201 to 300
7 inns, 287 runs at 41, HS: 90, 3 x 50's

Australia 300 plus
4 inns, 1 not out, 162 runs at 54, HS: 125*, 1 x 100
What this really shows is that he far more often comes to the wicket with less than 200 on the board than more. It is the whole batting line-up that is fragile in other words. We have to try other batsmen to find out if there is someone who can go 'long.' Players propping themselves up with non-match winning 50's regularly are getting us precisely nowhere and are masking real problems.

Is the entire line-up actually an ODI team pretending to be a test team? I'm pretty sure that's what Watson is really, a ODI opener getting by as a test opener on the back of regular 50's. Stick him further down the order and try find someone who can do time.

its just like hussey before the ashes. Does jack in the tests before it, then dominates in the tour game.
Then does jack in the test series, until a hundred when the series was lost.
Pencil it in, north to make scratchy hundred on ridiculously flat pitch mext test, when all is dead and buried. Then sweet **** all in the ashes, when it matters. ugh.
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Good call so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are we still persisting with North?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back