Why did Bentick Spend the entire 3rd Quarter on the bench??

Remove this Banner Ad

Molly1

Senior List
Sep 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Aston Villa & AC Milan
Does anyone know why bentick spent the entire 3rd quarter on the bench? He could not have been injured, got 16 touches in the last quarter and was the major influence in getting us so close. Who else do we have as a tough in and under midfielder??

Molly1 said:
Does anyone know why bentick spent the entire 3rd quarter on the bench? He could not have been injured, got 16 touches in the last quarter and was the major influence in getting us so close. Who else do we have as a tough in and under midfielder??

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
i want 2 know myself

Molly1 said:
Who else do we have as a tough in and under midfielder??

Kouta, and he was the catalyst for a strong last quarter.

Nevertheless, the game was well and truely over by 3 quarter time. Freo love taking their foot off the pedal. They've made an art of it.

Cause .... that's what my three year old would say and dare I say it but would expect the same from Pagan. Don't forget he is the coach that told a Carlton member to "pull their head in" when he asked a question once.

if bentick had 16 touches in the last 1/4 after spending the whole 3rd 1/4 on the bench, then isn't that a positive.
he ws well rested and fresh for a final assult on freo
or it could have been spendig a entire 1/4 on the bench gave him a kick in the pants to pull his finger out.

who should have been on the bench rather than bentick?
let me guess
mcgrath & banister, there are still 2 spots to fill

remember we are playing a team game we need to look at match ups, team balance and form.

Feel Bentick is improving but would still rather give Blackwell time than him. Bentick is slow both in leg speed and reaction time. He may improve enough to be a top player but at this point see far more in Blackwell, Murphy, Scotland and even Betts as an on baller.

cos he's crap?!?!?
he may be a bit in and under but his kicking is shocking. no need to mention his pace.
rather blacky in there any day

Because he only had 9 possys up until half time. And they were mostly ineffective. He is really struggling with any distance in his kicks at the moment. Freos pace didnt do him any favours either. Blacky was very poor also.Pagan rotated blacky and bentick at 12 minute intervals.I think blacky will make way for smith this week. Bentick and smith both hard at it players, will be better matched to the dees midfield of mclean jones and co.

Playing so many games at Telstra Dome will hamper Benticks game time, he doesn't have the necessary assets to play competively on this ground. Smith is in a similar position, Blackers has a bit more pace and has alot better disposal. IMO we will see Bentick get less game time over the next season, which is pitty because I like the guy. Don't be surprised to see Walker move full time onto the ball next season, he has the natural ability and the athletesism to cause real headaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good management. Needed a rest, and was well and truly rested for the last when he played a blinder. Good work by all :thumbsu:

Re: Smith, don't know if he should be included this week. Blackers and Bentick very well, neither deserve to be dropped. So I just can't see Smithy coming in. Would be great to see him, though. Maybe rotate him and Bentick through the middle, and play Blackers as an on-baller. Blackers has deceptive pace-certainly isn't that slow. Worth a shot, get another strong midfielder playing in the seniors.

Jeremias said:
Good management. Needed a rest, and was well and truly rested for the last when he played a blinder. Good work by all :thumbsu:

Re: Smith, don't know if he should be included this week. Blackers and Bentick very well, neither deserve to be dropped. So I just can't see Smithy coming in. Would be great to see him, though. Maybe rotate him and Bentick through the middle, and play Blackers as an on-baller. Blackers has deceptive pace-certainly isn't that slow. Worth a shot, get another strong midfielder playing in the seniors.
jeremias did you have a chance to see him run around for the bullant's on the weekend?

he was exceptional and he has got some good goal sense as well.

Kooley said:
jeremias did you have a chance to see him run around for the bullant's on the weekend?

he was exceptional and he has got some good goal sense as well.

Nah I didn't, but I managed to listen. Sounded very good once again, to go with the times I have seen him perform well.

As I said, I would not be disappointed to see him make his debut this week...

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did Bentick Spend the entire 3rd Quarter on the bench??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back