Why did Port Adelaide trade their 2xAA backman Dan Houston for half-eaten dorito chip

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL list managers seem to weirdly put emotions and comradery in the centre of negotiations which allows teams to make enormous unders because they want to feel like a good guy.

AFL industry is just odd that way. We are as ruthless as a kitten playing with a blanket.

This is not a Port Adelaide issue. Its across most of the competition. We have what id say 4 teams outside this rule. Richmind/Geelong/Hawks/Collingwood . Not surprising to me why they are the most successful teams. It is to others for some odd reason

Last edited:
AFL list managers seem to weirdly put emotions and comradery in the centre of negotiations which allows teams to make enormous unders because they want to feel like a good guy.

AFL industry is just odd that way. We are as ruthless as a kitten playing with a blanket.

This is not a Port Adelaide issue. Its across most of the competition. We have what id say 4 teams outside this rule. Richmind/Geelong/Hawks/Collingwood . Not surprising to me why they are the most successful teams. It is to others for some odd reason
Your side and mine have both been more successful than the Pies and Tigers in the AFL era.

So ...
Atkins is a perma-sub, the wrong side of 30 and played 3 games last year.
Richards is a mature-age recruit yet to prove anything at the level

Why bring these two in? Let alone trade for them.
it's the one question on most people's mind!
would seem to most to be a bizarre decision, with no upside to it.
Would be extremely frustrated if being a Pt Adel member.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did Port Adelaide trade their 2xAA backman Dan Houston for half-eaten dorito chip

Remove this Banner Ad

Back