Why did Port Adelaide trade their 2xAA backman Dan Houston for half-eaten dorito chip

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbs admin do something the members don’t like what happens? What is the repercussions?

The members vote on the board, if they piss the members off they’re all out of a job.

Port fans don’t have that ability. The afl cooked it so we can’t. They pick the majority of our board. Hell, they’ve basically pissed on us for a decade now.

So when people complain about vicbias, and those of you who claim it doesn’t exist just have your heads in the sand. Our board doesn’t work for its members, it works for the afl.

Absolutely none of what I’ve said is opinion, or conspiracy, it’s cold hard facts.

Has all the credibility of a bush league.
Interesting this excuse has only come out after dropping yet another Prelim.
Apparently been going on for 12 years. Whys it not been brought up earlier?

I think some are missing a point in this. Houston wanted to leave so IMO unless you are 100% committed to the club then F... off, and get the best trade you can for him. Time will tell, but effectively 2 picks in the top 30 of the so called 'Super' Draft and the small forward they have been targeting all season. Time well tell

I think some are missing a point in this. Houston wanted to leave so IMO unless you are 100% committed to the club then F... off, and get the best trade you can for him. Time will tell, but effectively 2 picks in the top 30 of the so called 'Super' Draft and the small forward they have been targeting all season. Time well tell
What are your thoughts on Soldo who made more noises about wanting to leave?

Houston said he was OK staying & once you missed out on free agents, personally I would have kept Houston.

Then traded a F2 for Lukosius & Atkins salary dumps.

Would mean you miss out on pick 13, but keep Houston & F1.

Houston wanted to leave so IMO unless you are 100% committed to the club then F... off.
Mate he wasn't 100% committed this year and he's starting on the All-Australian team.

He's not going to sit out the year. Hold the campaigner to his contract.

Interesting this excuse has only come out after dropping yet another Prelim.
Apparently been going on for 12 years. Whys it not been brought up earlier?

What are you talking about? I’ve been talking about this for ages. It’s been a problem since we entered the league, our members cannot exert influence over our board thanks to the afl controlling it, as opposed to vic teams members having control of their boards.

Because we are a weak, feeder club with no accountability.

We are talking about a club that has had Ken Hinkley as the coach for 12 seasons. Nothing they do surprises me
I thought you were a destination club?

AFL list managers seem to weirdly put emotions and comradery in the centre of negotiations which allows teams to make enormous unders because they want to feel like a good guy.

AFL industry is just odd that way. We are as ruthless as a kitten playing with a blanket.

This is not a Port Adelaide issue. Its across most of the competition. We have what id say 4 teams outside this rule. Richmind/Geelong/Hawks/Collingwood . Not surprising to me why they are the most successful teams. It is to others for some odd reason

Pies have been mostly woeful at trade table for a decade.

It was only last year we gave up future pick 10, pick 32 and downgrade swap of 2nd rounders with Freo for a role playing fwd pocket.

We lost on Grundy, Adams, Treloar, Stephenson, Henry trades.

Don't list us in your get away with teams. Richmond and Geelong are the 2 sides that stick out that seem to get overs on players leaving and pay less for incoming trades.

For a 28yo I think you guys broke even on it, don't think we "won" at all.

If we don't flag and you guys pick up quality players with our picks you could say you won it even.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did Port Adelaide trade their 2xAA backman Dan Houston for half-eaten dorito chip

Remove this Banner Ad

Back