bickley26

All Australian
Jul 27, 2006
Among them
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
B.C.D.
I am fairly impartial when it comes to umpires but I have really had enough of us continually being on the wrong side of ledger in free kicks .... Is it us ? Is it the way we play? Or do the umpires dislike us?

Umps hate interstate clubs succeeding in the VFL (sorry) AFL. Edict direct from Vlad (with an exemption provided for Sydney clubs)

Bend over and spread them!

I am so sick of being screwed by these guys week in and week out.

I need something to hit.

Razor Ray just wanted to blow the whistle today. He didn't care who it was for. There was a period in the second quarter there where he paid about three of four cheapies to us in a row in the forward line. We didn't capitalise too well.

There were two absolute howlers from him in the last quarter. One was obviously the Thompson one, the other was the holding the ball that went in or favour right in front of goals. That ball was not even under the Hawthorn player - in fact you could see exactly where it was from Ray's angle. He was just hellbent on paying a holding the ball. The man is a menace.

One more thing - and this is something I've been harping on for a LONG time. Our guys are terrible at drawing the cheap frees, especially around stoppages. And secondly, it was obvious Razor and his team of clowns were paying even the most ridiculous hands in the back frees today - so, just don't use your hands. Use your hips, your arse, your waist - anything, just not your hands.

Our guys did not adjust and again they paid the price.

The umpiring is terrible but there is no anti Crows bias. We are just not enterprising enough to capitalise on the stupidity and I am really sick of posting about it.

Razor Ray just wanted to blow the whistle today. He didn't care who it was for. There was a period in the second quarter there where he paid about three of four cheapies to us in a row in the forward line. We didn't capitalise too well.

There were two absolute howlers from him in the last quarter. One was obviously the Thompson one, the other was the holding the ball that went in or favour right in front of goals. That ball was not even under the Hawthorn player - in fact you could see exactly where it was from Ray's angle. He was just hellbent on paying a holding the ball. The man is a menace.

One more thing - and this is something I've been harping on for a LONG time. Our guys are terrible at drawing the cheap frees, especially around stoppages. And secondly, it was obvious Razor and his team of clowns were paying even the most ridiculous hands in the back frees today - so, just don't use your hands. Use your hips, your arse, your waist - anything, just not your hands.

Our guys did not adjust and again they paid the price.

The umpiring is terrible but there is no anti Crows bias. We are just not enterprising enough to capitalise on the stupidity and I am really sick of posting about it.
They dont like this either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They love the Hawks that's for sure.

Don't know about that. I reckon Hawthorn are the one team that has been consistently destroyed by the umpires even more than the Crows - though that seems to fly out the window whenever the two teams play :eek:

In any event, there is already a thread about umpiring decisions, so this one is a bit superfluous. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back