Why do you barrack for Richmond?

Remove this Banner Ad

My dad and his dad before him were all mad tiger supporters. When I was about 4 years old I had decided to barrack for Geelong. Dad sat me down and told me if I wanted to barrack for Geelong that I wouldn't be able to see many of their games until I could drive myself (we lived in the country), so I decided to barrack for the tigers.

My dad and his dad before him were all mad tiger supporters. When I was about 4 years old I had decided to barrack for Geelong. Dad sat me down and told me if I wanted to barrack for Geelong that I wouldn't be able to see many of their games until I could drive myself (we lived in the country), so I decided to barrack for the tigers.

Your dad is a champion.

My Grandparents lived in Richmond,we all followed the Tiges.I saw the 1967,69,73 and 74 flags with the family. I saw them play night games at the old Swans ground. In 1981-1982 I worked as a young trainer at the club and It was great to be around all those champions.For Richmond supporters there's family and then there's the Tigers, through the highs and the lows and I would'nt have it any other way. Go Tiges.

I barrack for Richmond for two very simple reasons, no-one bags a Carlton supporter better than a Richmond supporter and secondly during the late 70's you barracked for Carlton if you thought you were someone, and or/were as dodgy as all get out, or you barracked for the mighty tigers if you were prepared to do something to become someone and were a straight shooter.
Go Tigers there is nothing like the tigers on the rise and with a couple of cult figures.

Personally I liked the colors and the sound of their name. The "Tigers" really sounded like a strong sounding team. No-one in my family forced me to barrack for anyone, though my Dad's rueing the fact he didn't make me go for Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dont barrack for richmond because they are pathetic

I thought that summed it up pretty well...
they haven't achived anything for a long time.. not in a majority of peoples life times.. they rarely play finals and have a poor list..
Will finish 12 - 16th at best this year and look essendons biggest threat for the spoon...

go the tigers...

I thought that summed it up pretty well...
they haven't achived anything for a long time.. not in a majority of peoples life times.. they rarely play finals and have a poor list..
Will finish 12 - 16th at best this year and look essendons biggest threat for the spoon...

go the tigers...
Thanks we really care about your input.
Your lucky you didn't post something like that on the Hawthorn or Carlton boards. You would get an infraction straight away they have the softest mods with no lives.

The reason for my post was to agree with you that Essendon will win the spoon I think it is almost a shoe in

Thanks we really care about your input.
Your lucky you didn't post something like that on the Hawthorn or Carlton boards. You would get an infraction straight away they have the softest mods with no lives.

The reason for my post was to agree with you that Essendon will win the spoon I think it is almost a shoe in

What the heck - i gave him a red card anyway. This thread is one where i won't tolerate idiots.

cos dad did.
I obviously have a thing for mediocrity- big man city fan too.
But theyre now coming good...its a sign of things to come for richmond :)

been in Perth most of my life but when I was a kid lived in Seaford loved the Great Royce Heart .then came back to Perth West coast team came along but always have always will be Tigers supporter win lose or draw .would love them to have some success maybe 2008 can be the start of the Tigers working as a unit Go Tigers supporters hope you all have a great 2008:)

BTW, I really admire the guts and determination of Rovhmond supporters as far as backing in their own team even when times are tough.

Personally I have a soft spot for the Tigers, and hopefully you guys who stick by them through thick and thin are rewarded soon.

True supporters support their team when times are tough, and you guys emphasise that.

And, TBH, it doesn't really matter if you don't see a premiership in your lifetime. I haven't seen one for Collingwood, yet I'm still loyal and proud.

Extra kudos to the ones living interstate, too. That just makes it even more difficult.

Good work boys. :thumbsu:

Extra kudos to the ones living interstate, too. That just makes it even more difficult.

especially when vlad the impaler doesn't schedule a Tigers game in Brisbane for 2 seasons on the trot:(

:thumbsu: to your other comments though, we love our club in the same way that Pie fans like yourself love their club

til death do us part...or something like that:D:)

I was 6 when I went to my first ever afl(vfl back then) game of footy. it was 1982, biggest home and away crowd between the tiges and the bombers. Went there barracking for essendon as my dad supports them and at half time the tiges were smacking them so I changed to the tiges with encouragement from my older brother also a tiger man. Since that day I've seen a lot of pain all throughout the miserable 80's and early 90's. However just the feeling of the tiger army when a win is recorded and "yellow and black" reverberates around the 'g'... geez there is nothing better is there? I know when(not if) we return to our rightful position at the top of the pack and see all these doomsayers eating humble pie..... nothing will be sweeter.
Go tiges!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you barrack for Richmond?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back