why geelongs premiership was better than hawthorns ?

Remove this Banner Ad

not true, just think back to when we won our premiership we knew we won it because we were the best and thats all their was to it which is much better than winning a premiership because someone else stuffed up.A cup is a cup, I can go and get my mates dad who owns a trophy making bussiness to make me a cup or a medal if I wanted to.
ha ha ha you are ****ing insane mate that makes no sense at all you idiot we out played your Mob simple all i hear is excuse's suck it up Princess!:rolleyes:

If you are running in a marathon...it doesn't matter if you were ahead with 1 metre to go. Whoever crosses the line first is the winner. Hawthorn won the game that counted.
I have also seen people demean our Flag in 2007 because Port were supposedly 2nd rate/ Well, hello,, they were better that year than every other team except us, including Hawthorn. But that was then, this is now.
Ok...let's imagine in 2009, Hawthorn only lose 2 games for the year, we lose 4 but both finish Top 4. Yet we beat them in a GF...
Would our Flag mean less than 2007? No!
Personally I think winning when you're the underdog would mean just as much if not more.
I won't take crap about Geelong being soft and chokers and shit like that but I'm also not gonna be accused of being a sore loser...particularly if we get up next year!

yes it would, if a runner wins a marathon only because the bloke ahead falls over than its not the same

yes it would, if a runner wins a marathon only because the bloke ahead falls over than its not the same

You can liken it to a Bradbury as much as you like, I'd prefer to be a bit more on witsend's wavelength of two great teams fought a great battle in one of the great grand finals.

However, I counter your Bradbury with a Sally Robbins.

there are some geelong supporters who are actually reasonable like witsend...
its idiots like geelong_crazy26 who through his sheer stupidity give others that support geelong a bad name

To witsend: know that us hawks supporters who come on bay13 do so to address the ******s who embarrass their footy club by making stupid arguments...we realise that not all geelong supporters are the same and we apologise if you are offended when others call your great team 'chokers' etc...

its idiots like geelong_crazy26 who through his sheer stupidity give others that support geelong a bad name

To witsend: know that us hawks supporters who come on bay13 do so to address the ******s who embarrass their footy club by making stupid arguments...we realise that not all geelong supporters are the same and we apologise if you are offended when others call your great team 'chokers' etc...

i concur with this post too:thumbsu:

there are great geelong posters like witsend and there are losers like geelongcrazy_26 that give the cats a bad name !

I appreciate the thoughts, and no need to apologise...I'm fine with the cut & thrust of Bay 13! Every team has it's tool supporters (yes you know who you are Dipshotta), but if I'm gonna lay into other teams then I gotta call BS from my own when I see it!
Mate, wait til the season starts..it's on for young and old then!! ;);)

Er...yes it is cos he still won!! Winning is ALL that counts...all the rest is window dressing and I'll bet you Bomber, Harls and the boys feel that way too!
They would be the first to shake the hands and say well done to every Hawks player and if the roles are reversed next year, the Hawks will do the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Er...yes it is cos he still won!! Winning is ALL that counts...all the rest is window dressing and I'll bet you Bomber, Harls and the boys feel that way too!
They would be the first to shake the hands and say well done to every Hawks player and if the roles are reversed next year, the Hawks will do the same.

lol whats the point of winning ? to say hahahahahahaha I beat you ? no its all about the glory and their is less glory in hawthorns win

Watched a replay the other day. From Roughead's goal in the 1st quarter through to at least half time, Hawthorn were woeful. Couldn't get it out of their backline without shitting themselves and turning it over, somehow Geelong stuffed up about 6 goals in a row.

The Hawks had a nice run of 5 goals in the 3rd that was the difference, but they pulled it out of their arses. Wouldn't expect them to go back to back, or compete with Geelong next year.

Actually it was 6.
Buddy, Hodge, Junior, Taylor, Willo, Dew - You beauty!

Watch from Roughead's goal to half time, I don't know what happened in that game but Hawthorn were terrible for that period.

Yes that Campbell Brown goal from outside 50 and Clinton Young goal from 60+ were just terrible. So was that defensive effort which restricted Geelongs lead at half time to - hang on, no we were in front at half time.

3.In 2007 geelong were the best side all year, won almost every award their is to win and then came out under lots of pressure and smashed port by 119 points which is as pure a premierships as you can get.Hawthorns is some what diluted due to the fact that they werent the best side in the season and because the gf was more lost by geelong than won by them

Ha ha ha.

This has actually been a contributing factor to me enjoying 2008's premiership even more!

I'm glad the Hawks beat you from second place. It made the victory even more sweet.

Your boys and 99.9% of Geelong supporters didn't even see us coming! You were to busy highlighting All-Australian lists, debating whether you had the best team ever and getting Premiership tattoos that you forgot that the 2008 title hadn't been won yet. You failed to accept that the Hawks were a contender who could indeed knock you off your perch.

And that f***ing burns doesn't it?

It wasn't hunger that your team was missing. You failed to give your opposition it's due credit and got stung.

Geelong's football was more consistent throughout the year than the Hawks' but when each team played on the one great day in September, only one side (plus Gary Ablett) stood up.

In our competition two teams make the GF and then, as the saying goes, "may the best team win". Unfortunately your mob, who have a history of surrendering when it counts, weren't.

as it currently stands both the current cats and hawks side have won one premiership each but are they really equal to each other ? are all premierships the same ?

Premierships are hard to win, hard enough even when you're the so called "unbeatable", top-of-the-ladder reigning premiers, just ask any Cat fan. So to win the flag when your team is still a work in progress, still a few years from peaking, then it's a massive achievement. Hawthorn didn't need to play in countless finals series before finally winning a flag. Our kids have what it takes. They are born winners. It took Bomber Thompson eight years to foster the necessary self-belief in Geelong players.

Think of this anology involving two students.

One of them (named Geelong) was a bit of a slow developer and held back for a few years by his mum. Then repeated Year 11 and repeated Year 12. Then at the age of 21, after getting heaps of practise of doing exams, he finished his VCE year as the top of his class, despite it being a pretty weak year (with no other 'A' students).

The following year, a 14 year old kid named Hawthorn decided to have a crack at his VCE before he was ready, competed against the older kids, scored straight A's and was surprisingly awarded Dux honours (mainly because the violin-playing, nerdy Year 12 brain suffered a meltdown on the day of his exams and botched it)

Who is the better 'A' student? The 21 year old, dull-witted, late-bloomer who scored 98/100 at his 5th attempt, or 14 year old precocious whiz kid who scored 97/100, the following year, on a more difficult exam?

the lions won 3 premierships so they are ahead of geelong atm, hawthron and geelong won one each so geelong are ahead of hawthorn atm because theirs was better
A premiership is a premiership mate. Don't care how they are won.

I am sure our premiership meant just as much to our supporters as yours did to cats supporters. Other supporters opinions mean absolutely nothing.

You beat a team that grossly overachieved to make the gf and didn't turn up on the day. We beat a team that had only lost 1 game for the year who most people thought were certainties.

Still doesn't mean that our premiership is worth more or less than yours.

Premierships are hard to win, hard enough even when you're the so called "unbeatable", top-of-the-ladder reigning premiers, just ask any Cat fan. So to win the flag when your team is still a work in progress, still a few years from peaking, then it's a massive achievement. Hawthorn didn't need to play in countless finals series before finally winning a flag. Our kids have what it takes. They are born winners. It took Bomber Thompson eight years to foster the necessary self-belief in Geelong players.

Think of this anology involving two students.

One of them (named Geelong) was a bit of a slow developer and held back for a few years by his mum. Then repeated Year 11 and repeated Year 12. Then at the age of 21, after getting heaps of practise of doing exams, he finished his VCE year as the top of his class, despite it being a pretty weak year (with no other 'A' students).

The following year, a 14 year old kid named Hawthorn decided to have a crack at his VCE before he was ready, competed against the older kids, scored straight A's and was surprisingly awarded Dux honours (mainly because the violin-playing, nerdy Year 12 brain suffered a meltdown on the day of his exams and botched it)

Who is the better 'A' student? The 21 year old, dull-witted, late-bloomer who scored 98/100 at his 5th attempt, or 14 year old precocious whiz kid who scored 97/100, the following year, on a more difficult exam?

That's a lot of effort for very little result.

What, the 14 year old who cheated by buying his answers off the tough kid at the back of the footy oval? It won't happen again, sunshine. As Brent Renouf is finding out, the headmaster's on to you lot!

Remove this Banner Ad

why geelongs premiership was better than hawthorns ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back