Why us in white

Remove this Banner Ad

northgirl

Draftee
Jun 22, 2002
Can anyone tell me (this is my very first post) why if we are supposed to be the home team in Canberra did we wear our away shorts & top & Melbourne wear their home colors? The white looks so insipid & we seem to play accordingly.

I think that they are the colours that we always wear in Canberra. I think its stupid we should wear our normal stripes. I think we are jinxed when we play in all white.

northgirl said:
Can anyone tell me (this is my very first post) why if we are supposed to be the home team in Canberra did we wear our away shorts & top & Melbourne wear their home colors? The white looks so insipid & we seem to play accordingly.

Agree with you, northgirl (and welcome). We should have worn our stripes. At least we look like a team in those.

Who cares what we wear, its just another excuse.

I also think that if is your home game you should be entitled to wear your home colours and the opposition should wear their away colours but I think that the AFL has something to do with it.

NorthBoi96 said:
hmm should have worn our Blue away jumper, which is the one we normally wear in a clash game, but dont melbourne have a clash jumper too?
They should have to wear it, as its their away game.
There was no clash in jumpers though. Seems pretty pointless.

I couldnt understand why your guys were in the white strip either. We have out red clash jumper.. but even so, I dont see how they would have clashed.

Bad luck on the loss today.. and dont mind that other Melbourne **************** that posted on these boards. He just wanted to stir up a few people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

roogirl10 said:
I also think that if is your home game you should be entitled to wear your home colours and the opposition should wear their away colours but I think that the AFL has something to do with it.

The AFL has nothing to do with this idiocy, it would be a club decision. Our club more than any other is obssesed with jumper changes. The club should stop sending out the message , that tradition to NMFC is meaningless. Perhaps, we should ask nappysan to be our new sponsers. :rolleyes:

Just ditch it; it's a shocker. Almost as bad as the team performance today.

I thought the deal was (published in Roo news):

Home games
9 games in traditional vertical stripes
2 games in heritage jumper (vs Hawks 30 year GF anniv and heritage round)

Away games
8 games blue
3 games white (clash)

Also the club sponsor on the jumper differs: Mazda for homes games, Primus for away.

Maybe Primus had some made an arrangement to have exclusive sposoring rights at the game since they are the Demons major sponsor. However this theory doesn't hold since there is a conflict of interest with Telstra who have large stakes in Foxtel.

If we are supposed to wear that crap at our games in Canberra, then I say ditch Canberra, only thing missing from the uniform was the Court Jesters Hat!!!!
And on the subject of Canberra, are we starting to lose any home ground advantage we used to have? Seems we're dropping a few games there now!

And I know the games in Canberra are underwritten by the ACT and regardless of the crowd we don't lose out money wise, but I would have thought that North V Melbourne in Melbourne would have scored us a dollars through the gate anyway?

Falkroo said:
If we are supposed to wear that crap at our games in Canberra, then I say ditch Canberra, only thing missing from the uniform was the Court Jesters Hat!!!!
And on the subject of Canberra, are we starting to lose any home ground advantage we used to have? Seems we're dropping a few games there now!

And I know the games in Canberra are underwritten by the ACT and regardless of the crowd we don't lose out money wise, but I would have thought that North V Melbourne in Melbourne would have scored us a dollars through the gate anyway?

We drop games at Canberra because foolishly we go in expecting to win, but unwilling to do the hard things needed to win. A bit like having a 5 goal breeze and "expecting" to kick at least 5 goals. You still have to put in!

As for playing there, I think we manage the game so we get the revenue from the sales of food, grog etc. The greater the attendance the greater our profit. Hope so, anyway.

year of the roo said:
Gee we must be travelling all right if this is all we need to worry about! FFS, I don't care if we wear pink as long as we play like we did last week (if not better) every week.

I agree with you.. the white doesn't do our boys any favours though.

jozeph said:
Who cares what we wear, its just another excuse.

Yeah who cares. I reckon in the next game we play the guys should run out with strap on snags cause it don't matter what we wear as long as we play well.

Zondor said:
Yeah who cares. I reckon in the next game we play the guys should run out with strap on snags cause it don't matter what we wear as long as we play well.

Look Zondor, I'm all for strap-on snags, or even strap-on breasts for that matter. But how will the umpire adjudicate if a player is tackled by his strap-on snag???

Remove this Banner Ad

Why us in white

Remove this Banner Ad

Back