Why would we be afraid of Collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Why are we afraid of Collingwood?

Umm its because we have depth... u have it in midfield now but none in tall KPP...

Yes we can make comparision with our reserve players because they are equally as good to your "superstars" yet have been superseaded by players like john anthony (played under 30 games - 50 goals), Brown was injured after the bulldogs game whihc meant he never got back, Reid is covered by presti and leigh brown played as a utility. Yes it was awful to watch him play but funnier to watch as the collingwood reject Cam cloke played most matches for you :)

Actually Cloke only played 10 out of a possible 23 games in 2009, which in no shape or form constitutes "most matches".

those mentioned above as KPP including Dawes, Reid, Cam wood and rusling simply because your stocks are limited and are not upto playing AFL standard as of YET. Anyway i am going to leave cause i can see the torches and pitch forks coming over the hill.

Cam Wood would not get a game ahead of Kreuzer, Hampson, Warnock or Jacobs. In fact he struggled to get a game ahead of Chris Bryan in 2008 & has been such a poor performer the Collingwood hierarchy had to trade another first round pick to get a ruckman of some quality. Some might suggest that the writing is on the wall for Cam Wood.

Reid is covered by presti and leigh brown played as a utility.
So you're saying Reid < Leigh Brown.

I see. :D

Rusling = Hartlett. :thumbsu:

Wow, your stockpile of KPP's sure is impressive.

I find it amazing how Brown played a good first 6 games or so and was lauded as the second coming and is now "established"......yet Henderson toils away with equally as impressive form playing out of position consistently for two years, and he is "yet to prove himself".

Just becase it doesn't happen in Melbourne doesn't mean it doesn't happen at all.

Leigh Brown > Reid............oh dear.:eek:

4th or 5th Tall AT BEST. esc0bar is kidding himself if he thinks players like that are KPP.

Esc0bar is sampling the product that his name sake from columbia used to sell :D

I would be scared if the blues had a quality list like the pies.

Obrien Presti Maxwell
Shaw N.Brown Goldsack
Thomas Swan Didak
Davis Cloke Fraser
Dick Anthony Medhurst

Jolly Ball Pendlebury

Lockyer Beams Sidebottom Toovey

Depending on matchups

Talls

Rusling Reid Dawes L.Brown Wood

Smalls

Obree Macaffer McCarthy Buckley

It just goes on and on....

Lets not forget when you traded Fevola there were plenty of supporters saying they are deleting their membership & that you've gone 10 years back in the past & that you'd get the spoon next year. Nothing to the list has changed but instead you all have started saying finals in '10? Way to hide your emotions. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets not forget when you traded Fevola there were plenty of supporters saying they are deleting their membership & that you've gone 10 years back in the past & that you'd get the spoon next year. Nothing to the list has changed but instead you all have started saying finals in '10? Way to hide your emotions. :D

Yup... I would put you guys in the box seat for the wooden spoon next year...

The original premise is surely someone sitting back bored and deciding to stir - Collingwood are definitely loading up to try and give Malthouse some success after 10 hard years but Collingwood brings no fear, no pride, no success....just the dirty masses and a history so far away most of it is pre-WW2.

Collingwood has won flag in over 50 years and dominated the competition well before any of the modern era.

They are an anachronism and any respect should only be offered to successful clubs of todays era

Everyone lambasts Carlton for being rubbish this decade, but the reasons are well known; arrogance, cheating, poor management, poor recruiting. At the end of next year it will have been 20 years since their last flag and with only 1 in 50+ years, they're just another face in the crowd. Richmond's last 30 years have been more successful - doesn't that say something?

The only thing to "fear" is that we ever become as unsuccessful as Failurewood. One flag in 50 years is a total disaster. Pies are famous for failure, excuses, plodder midfields, off-field thug acts, supporter thug acts, and a near-enough-is-good-enough loser culture. No wonder Lexus sacked them.

:)

No matter what our ladder posistion, I always pencil Carlton in
against the Maguires. Like against Essendon we could be the spooners
and still are a serious chance to down these guys.
Why? are we meant to be afraid of them, its not like they will
suddenly have as many flags as us in the lifetime we have left ?
Getting picky, but clearly the Malthouse thing has only created
false hope in the Collingwood camp.
Perhaps its time to have a fresh sweep of the board and
tv compares, and bring in some real passion. Buckley
cant do any worse than nothing (malthouse)

It seems some of the supporters,members are scared of Collingwood for some reason.They black and white,they have no color in them and have a stupid dumbird as their mascot.

Starchamber, I think you're confusing fear with "loathe and despise." Collingwood are a pack of hacks, that are fortunate to get favourable draws courtesy of the AFL - this sets up their supporters with false hope during the year only to have it dashed in the finals. Don't ya just love it.

In: Jolly Ball
Out: The future, leg speed, Athleticism, ability to cope with the modern game.

Yep, A Ruckman who was leading all australian contention up to about round 16, and a midfielder who had 22 possessions up to 3/4 time of a Grand Final means the end of the road for Collingwood.:p

Yep, A Ruckman who was leading all australian contention up to about round 16, and a midfielder who had 22 possessions up to 3/4 time of a Grand Final means the end of the road for Collingwood.:p

A fIrst round pick for a 28-29yo average ruck. A 2nd round pick for a slow midfielder who can't kick more than 40m. What a joke. No wonder the Pies always fail. Fev was the player you needed and you know it.

= A ruckman that tapers off after mid year, and a midfielder who goes missing in the last quarter fo a grand final when the game is in the balance . :cool:

It's a rocky road for the toothless brigade .

A fIrst round pick for a 28-29yo average ruck. A 2nd round pick for a slow midfielder who can't kick more than 40m. What a joke. No wonder the Pies always fail. Fev was the player you needed and you know it.

no, Fev is the player you needed and YOU know it!

The only thing to "fear" is that we ever become as unsuccessful as Failurewood. One flag in 50 years is a total disaster. Pies are famous for failure, excuses, plodder midfields, off-field thug acts, supporter thug acts, and a near-enough-is-good-enough loser culture. No wonder Lexus sacked them.

That awesome football team "Unlisted" hey??
I wouldn't list them either if i barracked for them!

If Carlton ever handed the filth scum a player that would ensure that they won a grand final people would be lynched on Lygon St and Princes Park would be burnt to the ground with the board of directors in it.

We have traded with them in the past for 'second rate' players but we have never sent in their direction a player the quality of Fevola.

We are not scared of them... we just hate their guts.

Although, if we could get away with trading a shit player for one of their stars, I would take it :D anything to **** the filth is good :)
About the only thing Collingwood would give us would be a communicable disease. I'd prefer to get in first: that is the nature of Biological Warfare.

Seriously, I don't fear Collingwood at all. When I was a kid, I lived on the edge of their zone and everything was Collingwood. I hated them with a passion. I never wear black and white, even in a dinner suit.
My favourite moment was the 1970 GF, something I would love to replicate against them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would we be afraid of Collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back