Rookie
Nov 13, 2003
Box Hill
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Outs:
Hahn - time is up. I wish it was him and not Harbrow the Gold Coast were chasing.
Gia - yeah so he is a good character out on the track. A future 'leader' they say. Well, can somebody tell me the last time he stood up in a big game. Biggest downhill skier the club has ever produced.
Williams - not up to it - plain and simple. How long can one stay a project player.
Higgins - probably did us a favour getting injured as he surely hasn't one anything on the park this year.
Stack - Like a rabbit facing an oncoming car with its headlights on full beam!

Ins:
Ward - half fit and would still have twice the heart of the abovementioned.
Callan - you can never fault his committment and we need committment.
Everitt - Do we want him to come or not? Just play him.
Roughead - lets look to the future.
Johnno - either get fit or retire. This is very harsh I know but is he going to play again this year or what? If he is half fit then pick him.
Reid - we need a hard nut at the ball.

Caution to Eade - instead of punishing Aker why don't you punish some others. I get the feeling that its time to transition for next year. We cannot win the flag now so lets get games into Wood, Reid, Roughead, etc, etc.

Good Thing

williams was far from our worse.

not point wielding the axe if no quality can come in....

but surely we have someone better in the reserves then Addison? Stack looks promising but still to patchy and needs to go as well.

Hahn - His time as a bullocking, semi-defensive half-forward is up. He doesnt have the speed to play that role any more. Was OK down back, but with Fev and Brown next week, Lake just HAS to play back unfortunately.

Williams - I thought he was pretty good! If Im not mistaken, Brown and Fevola play for the Lions and we've got them next week. he aint going anywhere.

Stack - Shows glimpses, but noway near hard enough at it. We dont have anyone else who can play that role at the moment, but they have to drop him so he gets the message that he needs to put his head over the ball.

Gia - Yep, struggling, but who do we bring in?? He'll survive. In trouble if/when we get Johnno, Aker, Murph, Ward back.

Higgins - Injured so will miss, but been seriously disappointing anyways.

I wish Rose were on the list. He would play next week if he was (in for Stack).

Its easy to say we had Shaggy, Ward, Johnno, Aker, Murph out, and we'll be sweet when theyre back, but apart from Cal, theyre all as old as the hills, and we cant rely on them A) to come back and B) to be the saviours if they do.

We cant win it this year lads. Another prelim is about as far as we can get with this squad. Disappointing, but thats the reality, and with a seriously, seriously aging list, we need to refresh in 2011.

By the way, Jarrad Grant is a massive positive out of this craphole of a year. Kid can play.....

Settle the f--- down, we lost by 10 points after playing 1 quarter of footy.

To suggest playing half fit players who haven't played all year clearly shows how much you have thought about your comments.

Williams was solid. New whipping boy around here it seems, but he stays. Very important to the team.
Hahn was dismal last week and struggled this week, first half in particular. Would be one of the only senior players up for chop.
Higgins had a very good first quarter before injury. He stays for sure.
There's no way we can play 3 ruckman, as well as having Hall and Grant.
Johnson is not fit, Ward is not fit, and Reid could probably do with 1 more week in the VFL.

Your post is full of stupidity, I know it was a tough loss but think things through please.

I can only see
out: Hahn, Stack (not near good enough), Higgins (think he will have a week off, ankle didn't look good)
in: two of Callan/Reid/Jones/Wood, Everitt (why was he left out?!)

Dylan gets another week due to our shocking depth atm.

Addison is by far the worst
his played 51 games
today was in his best half of games and he was crap

gave the pies 2 goals in the first quarter.

i wish some of the guys tried their guts out like he does but he just doesn't have the skills for the modern game.

CALLAN

Never Never Never

He must never play for this club AGAIN we need to look at the future and not a hack thats struggled to keep on the list fot two AFL clubs in four years:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gave the pies 2 goals in the first quarter.

i wish some of the guys tried their guts out like he does but he just doesn't have the skills for the modern game.

Good to see someone talking sense, and good to see someone watched the first quarter when the game was on

Out
Gia, Hahn, Grant (suspended), Higgins (injured)

In
Callan, Jones, Wood, Everitt,

Out EADE
In Cameron

Stack is the one who I think needs to go.

Far far too many half-hearted efforts.

After that I would drop either Gia or Hahn or both, depending on who is ready to replace them fitness & formwise. I think both could benefit from the week off.

Obviously Higgins won't be playing.

That is all, I reckon. No point bringing in more than 3-4 replacement players. It's not like we have thousands kicking the door down at Willi. We're stretching our depth as is.

I reckon Gia is a much better player when playing through the midfield, doesn't get involved enough when up forward for some reason. From what I remember he was close to your best player for a few weeks when Boyd was out. But yeah, he has been pretty poor recently.

Sick of all this criticism of Williams from certain supporters. What did he do wrong tonight? List me some things he did that cost us the game. Seriously, get over yourselves.

Higgins is a liability when half fit, why is he even playing? I'm sick of seeing him hobbling off early in the game because he's come in with a niggling injury. Surely a fully fit reserves player is better than an injured player who can't kick in his current state. I don't watch Williamstown so I can't comment on their form, but it's getting horrible to watch Higgins.

Stack did some shocking things, fumbling the ball over the line after a handball hit him on the chest...infuriating. His goal in the last quarter was really good, but he didn't offer a lot.

I didn't think Hahn was too bad, he was beaten by taller, stronger opponents in the backline at times, but what's he supposed to do? Grow 10cm? Honestly...

There's no point 'wielding the axe' when we haven't got a lot of players left in the reserves, we just need Hargrave, Johnson, Murphy, Ward and Akermanis back...fit, and a half decent 3rd quarter wouldn't hurt.

Wow. In a season defining game, that was our most disappointing loss of the year. Second to thge ball, murdered in the clearances, simply not working hard enough. How many times did we see two of our blokes against four of theirs?

Out:
  • Higgins: Injury or not his efforsts have been half hearted all year.
  • Stack: Why do we recruit the only aboriginal player without any ball skills?
In: Everitt, Wood

I really wish Collingwood thumped us by 150+ as a loss is a loss regardless of the margin. This way at least some serious questions will be asked and the heat will be applied, this silly last quarter comeback i bet have let players like Stack off the hook and wihtout a doubt all personnel in the traning department and players will be slapping each other on the back in delusion. $50 the MC will be starry eyed all chirpy and feminist after this 10 point loss whilst sipping martini's and making peahearted changes like:

In: Callan
Out: Higgins (inj)

PS. callan not of the ward variety

Wow. In a season defining game, that was our most disappointing loss of the year. Second to thge ball, murdered in the clearances, simply not working hard enough. How many times did we see two of our blokes against four of theirs?

Out:
  • Higgins: Injury or not his efforsts have been half hearted all year.
  • Stack: Why do we recruit the only aboriginal player without any ball skills?
In: Everitt, Wood

I lol'd hard, cos it's true!

The way he dodged a couple of hard contests was a serious concern also.

I would drop...

Higgins - injured, looks dreadfully out of touch, hence no point in playing him.

Stack - I like him and think he's promising but he's not quite up to it at the moment.

Hahn - fearing he may be finished. At the very least needs to be dropped and find form

Addison - all heart and never stops trying, but not good enough.

I would put on notice...

Giansiracusa - he's supposed to be a leader and he simply isn't performing like a leader should.

Gilbee - the team is entitled to expect more from him.

Cooney - I would only put him on notice in the sense that we need more four quarter efforts from him ( and the entire team, but him in particular has only sparked up in the last quarter against Essendon and Collingwood)

And change the bloody forward line structure - did we even have one in the first half? What a shambles it was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wield that axe!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back