Player Watch Will Hoskin-Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Not what I meant.

Given his cost I expect him to be in the seniors on merit. if he can't get a game questions should be asked why he cost s second.

Comes to the club with some injury issues, spent much of the preseason with the rehab group, so not fussed if he plays round 1 or debuts for the Pies a few games into the season. The cost should mean long term contribution is the priority. May well play round 1, no biggy if he doesn't.

Don't often get excited about kids the last 2 I have been huge on were Adams and Aish, this kid could be special just like Adams and Aish needs a year to settle into the system have faith.

Don't often get excited about kids the last 2 I have been huge on were Adams and Aish, this kid could be special just like Adams and Aish needs a year to settle into the system have faith.

Agree. Might take at Earlist 2nd Half of Season before he comes good

Is that from observation or from what you hear?
Thanks for the Like Scodog10 but I wasn't being a smartarse, genuine question.

From training reports (that's all I have to go by) it seems divided.

I was excited when I heard the news we were targeting him, he is talented and when he gets a good run at it we will be paid back and then some. IMHO Agree with Aish also and my other one is Maynard.

A few things go right for us and these types come on, there could be some pleasing results this year.

I was excited when I heard the news we were targeting him, he is talented and when he gets a good run at it we will be paid back and then some. IMHO Agree with Aish also and my other one is Maynard.

A few things go right for us and these types come on, there could be some pleasing results this year.
Plus he has Magpie blood in his veins, not that it helped Karnezis.

Is that from observation or from what you hear?

Thanks for the Like Scodog10 but I wasn't being a smartarse, genuine question.

From training reports (that's all I have to go by) it seems divided.

All good I knew you weren't, but the festivities got a bit much for me yesterday and it became a struggle to post.

To answer your question, neither. Talent and fitness was the reason for my post.

I feel like I'm about to open a can of worms here, but on pure talent I would say that only Moore, Wells and Pendles have him covered on our list (perhaps Scharanberg as well).

If his body is sound, which it appears it is, he has the potential to be anything he wants and I believe that the club will provide him the opportunity to prove he's not up to it rather than making him bide his time proving that he is.

Then there's the considerable trade price we paid for him which is relative to what his trade value should have been (based on his output to date). We effectively traded for the potential of what he could be. Whilst I'm ok with that, now the heats gone out of the disaster that was trade period, you can't have a guy come on board for that sort of currency and not start him in the seniors if he's fit, IMO.

He has plenty to work on, but we have enough battlers in the best 22 so we need to give as many opportunities as we possibly can to anyone of his ability.

Adams didn't even need a year settle in. Just needed on ball minutes that were taken up by a cooked Ball and an injured Swan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adams didn't even need a year settle in. Just needed on ball minutes that were taken up by a cooked Ball and an injured Swan.

He played off the HBF Then and he even played some that this year

Maybe go back and read the Adams threads circa his arrival.

BEEG lol your place of residence is Tangiers Hotel.
Love it!
Just don't get the job checking the slot machines

Ironically should have kept the numb nuts on, cost Mr rothstein that's for sure.

Great movie.

Ps I still like Hoskin Elliot (for the readers who love relevance in threads ;))

Maybe go back and read the Adams threads circa his arrival.
Off your ignore list am I?

Most of it was reactionary crap. He didn't perform because he was starved of midfield opportunity. Once he got the the opportunity he started to perform. People also forgot the 5 or so weeks before his injury that were really strong. So he didn't even take year like many are claiming.

Off your ignore list am I?

Most of it was reactionary crap. He didn't perform because he was starved of midfield opportunity. Once he got the the opportunity he started to perform. People also forgot the 5 or so weeks before his injury that were really strong. So he didn't even take year like many are claiming.

New Years resolution, cleared the ignore list, some didn't last too long, you still cling on.

I think when most suggest that players can take a year to settle they don't mean it that literally. More players start slow and hopefully by seasons end they're fairly firmly entrenched in the 22. Not usual that a new recruit hits the ground running round 1. I can't recall the last 1 that did off the top of my head.

Adams form through the preseason and early games didn't demand that he usurp established mids. Wasn't getting enough of the footy and ball use was very average. You just don't reward that. Whether Ball was cooked or not (he was, back was nackered), he still had credits and it was up to Adams to take his opportunities and show he was the better option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Will Hoskin-Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back