Universal Love Will Langford

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it's a really interesting one as it has always been a bit obvious who Langers would go to, Selwood for the Cats, Mundy for the Dockers, Cotchin for Richmond. For Sydney he could go to Joey, Jack or Hanners.
Smith to go head to head with Hannebery again. Blow him up for the next week also.

Has he added a contested, overhead mark to his game?

WOWEE the highlight of my trip to that shithole called SA

will be one of the best players in the comp in a few years..pencil in...what we lost in JK3 will be made up by this kid..GUN player...and they will go head to head...we just need to find another like him...put them in the guts and let them have fun getting it out to Smith & Hill....

Fast forward 4-5 years - Langford burst through the centre kicks it long and high to a pack at full forward - HARRY!!!!! Harry Dear clunks a big mark to put the Hawks into the 2019 Grand Final

Langers has been terrific at stopping others but has serious problems by foot and is very slow to dispose by hand.
Only young but really needs to develop this side of his game.
Always been his deficiency disposal by hand in close. Needs to work on that especially under pressure but he is young will come with experience and hard work :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going okay but needs to involve himself more and work on his disposal and decision making.

On the plus side, he has a crack and doesn't lack courage or mongrel. Will be a player but is a couple of years away in my opinion.

Depends on how his development goes from now till the end of the year. His improvement from round 1 to now has been markedly good, so if he can keep that sort of trajectory, I think we will have a guy who will have a real break out year next season.

He still lacks polish as you say, but I've got some really high hopes on him.

He's going to be an awesome tagger ... Plus he doesn't mind the physical stuff, that hit he put on Selwood was absolute class!

Doubt he'll ever be on the same level as the old man ... But has shown some great signs.

He's going to be an awesome tagger ... Plus he doesn't mind the physical stuff, that hit he put on Selwood was absolute class!

Doubt he'll ever be on the same level as the old man ... But has shown some great signs.

I agree, but I don't think we should compare him with Chris. Will is a tagger that can hurt the opposition going the other way. Everything that Ryan Crowley is trying to be.

I don't understand why he was dropped. Maybe GWS don't have anyone worth tagging and we're giving him the week for rest? But if so, why bring in Cheney? LOL.
We have WCE next week.
WCE have Cox, TicTac, Kennedy & Darling - all taller & heavier than our biggest defender; &, LeCras. Box Hill don't play this week. Cheney, who will obviously play next week, needs a game back with the 1sts more than Will does.

will be one of the best players in the comp in a few years..pencil in...what we lost in JK3 will be made up by this kid..GUN player...and they will go head to head...we just need to find another like him...put them in the guts and let them have fun getting it out to Smith & Hill....

Hopefully Jed will be the other part of this equation.

I would never believe he was dropped, he is out because of "general soreness," or rested. We seem to forget he has only plated 8 games, and who in GWS commands such respect that we play Will on them? Next week he will have an assignment that he will handle much better when he is fully rested. Don't go on about he has just had the bye b/s, we can make our judgement later in the season. We Will firing in September.

I would never believe he was dropped, he is out because of "general soreness," or rested. We seem to forget he has only plated 8 games, and who in GWS commands such respect that we play Will on them? Next week he will have an assignment that he will handle much better when he is fully rested. Don't go on about he has just had the bye b/s, we can make our judgement later in the season. We Will firing in September.

Bolton hopes ruckman Ben McEvoy (corked hamstring) will be available for selection next week and said young tagger Will Langford had to "work on a couple of things" after being dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Will Langford

Remove this Banner Ad

Back