Will Sheedy pick up Blumfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mattlowry said:
I would much rather have Bullen then Blumfield. Bullen has been alright lately.

Bullen will never amount to anything more than a good fill in midfielder. At least Blumfield has more versatility if he gets a good run with injuries then I cant see any reason why he cant return to somewhere near his best form. Im not a huge wrap for Bullen and would entertain the idea of trading him. Hes got pace but not much else

I think we should get him back. Let's not forget it was mainly salary cap pressure that lead us to trade him (we were paying part of his salary at Richmond. We have missed his ability to be the link man in the midfield, with Wellman gone, and Murphy notorious for delivering poor "2nd years" it would be oworth the punt on the minimum salary.

We would never have traded him if Essendon FC didn't try to anticipate changes to Hird's verteran list eligibility...

I know the game has gotten very professional but....

I remember Blumfield had the opportunity to go to Sydney for big bucks a few years back, but chose to stay with the dons.

I always respected that. And I think it would be a great thing for the club to give him an opportunity now that it has gotten tough for him.

I'm hoping that we could get Blumfield to the Swans for a late draft pick..... was a good player previously.... as long as it's minimum wage I'd be happy with a deal like that.

If I was Kevin Sheedy I would be glad to 'pick up' Blumfield from Punt Road. Then I would 'drop him off' as far away from Windy Hill as possible.

Kooley said:
If I was Kevin Sheedy I would be glad to 'pick up' Blumfield from Punt Road. Then I would 'drop him off' as far away from Windy Hill as possible.

haha. one of the best comments i have heard for a while could not agree with you more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Sheedy pick up Blumfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back