Will this be Mark of the Year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Know the feeling...
Aaron Davey's goal v Brisbane at the GABBA when he hacked it out of the air from 30m.
Adem Yze's mark in the goal square v Geelong at Skilled.
Yze's checkside from 50m on the boundary (carbon copy of Motlop's... yet both goals where beaten by a Lloyd back heal 2m out).

Over sponsorship and 'fan' text voting in the past has meant the best mark or goal never wins, and the fact that they no longer announce it at the Grand Final, Brownlow Medal or any other special occassion so people notice, means that it's lost it value. IIRC, when Newton won it in '07 (?) they only announced it through a small media release a week or two after the Grand Final.

Yeah that Lloyd goal was ****ing shit. What a terrible disgrace to win goal of the year.:thumbsdown:

Know the feeling...
Aaron Davey's goal v Brisbane at the GABBA when he hacked it out of the air from 30m.
Adem Yze's mark in the goal square v Geelong at Skilled.
Yze's checkside from 50m on the boundary (carbon copy of Motlop's... yet both goals where beaten by a Lloyd back heal 2m out).

Over sponsorship and 'fan' text voting in the past has meant the best mark or goal never wins, and the fact that they no longer announce it at the Grand Final, Brownlow Medal or any other special occassion so people notice, means that it's lost it value. IIRC, when Newton won it in '07 (?) they only announced it through a small media release a week or two after the Grand Final.

Totally agree....just take this in..

[youtube]nGGNhS8m_Gw[/youtube]

unbelievable!!

Personally nothing will beat Shaun Smith from Melb vs Bris at the gabba about 14 years or so ago.

No stand alone video but at the 48sec mark can see this ripper.

[YOUTUBE]0h_m1SkPB9w[/YOUTUBE]

Logan's mark will be very hard to beat. I love the way he gives the ball a bit of a shake when he knows he's grabbed it. He had that much time. Pearler.

Will have to be amongst them when the whips are cracking. Good grab.

Luke Hodge's face was priceless too (as mush as it pains me to say). He's got that "I'm having a prick of a day, and now I've just had mark of the year taken on" look as he picks himself up off the deck.

Feel sorry for Logan in a way though, much the way I feel sorry for Ian Baker-Finch when he chose that pink shirt on Day 4 of the British Open the year he won. Logan will look back at photos in years to come and say "I cannot believe I went out and played elite level football and was dressed like that". The worst uniform I've seen yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently there is, good idea, I'll add that to the OP.

[youtube]mmZFVaUVWSU[/youtube]

Tredrea really needs to take his propensity to bow out of his game. Did it in the 2007 Prelim, again in the grand final a week later, and he was at it again in that clip. :eek:

:eek: Looks brilliant, but because of the same biased supporters who vote for worse marks and goals, eg lloyd's backheel goal,there may be bias involved. Where's the link, i want to vote for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will this be Mark of the Year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back