Roast Will you boo McPhee in round 2?

Remove this Banner Ad

How about we leave the lowlife booing of players for no reason whatsoever to those Eagles supporters who have no idea of the game? There's no reason to boo McPhee from our POV. I would be embarrased to call myself a Bombers supporter if that happens, and would like to think that we are above that. How many times do you recall thinking "What the f**k are they booing for?" when James had the ball at Subiaco? I was annoyed that Waganeen left, but have never once booed a player from another side for leaving Essendon. Greg Williams, Peter Matera and Phil Reid on the other hand.......

For no reason? If he wanted to leave, he should have told the club during trade week. I think that's what most people have a problem with. Sure, we don't know the whole story, but we never will.

I've never booed an Essendon (or ex essendon) player, McPhee could certainly be the first though.

I liked him as a player, but bailing in that manner just pissed me off.

For no reason? If he wanted to leave, he should have told the club during trade week. I think that's what most people have a problem with. Sure, we don't know the whole story, but we never will.

I've never booed an Essendon (or ex essendon) player, McPhee could certainly be the first though.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: Leaving the club the way he did was bad sportsmanship
he could have told us in trade week he wanted to go and i wouldnt have minded at all..........so yes i will be booing him hardcore ...:)

And if I see him at the shops I'll boo him!

I reckon this is where I'd most likely do it. Would be hilarious, as he fumbles the corn-flakes, then his money.... ;-)

This. I've never been a fan of any sort of booing, and probably won't, but the manner in which he left Essendon with nothing in return, really irks me.

like it or hate it, booing is a part of footy, if you have left a club and you go to your old clubs home ground then you should expect to be booed. i personally have no problem with it and would be suprised and even a little disappointed if he didnt gte booed. im flying to melbourne for this game so im looking forward to an electric atmosphere. certain players deserv it more than others. the way mcphee left, i think he probably deserves it a little more than most. same as the way jeff white left us in 97, we were still booing him in 2005 :thumbsu:.

as for the eagles supporters booing hirdy, well, they all pretend to be classy upstanding citizens, but 95% of them are flogs and 5% of them are too snobby to do anything other than sip a little chardonnay. I am still disgusted in the way they booed hirdy after he came back from that horror face injury he suffered against us/mcveigh....... his only crime was to cop a knee to the face from a teammate :eek:.... all the eagles supporters are low-life flogs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well really, leaving a club isn't all that bad. But given the circusmtances that took place, it wasn't all happy & cheerful. He left the club mainly because of change of role / position, and we offered him a spot where he didn't feel all that comfortable with.

That's fine, but by making a decision after the trade period is disrespectful to the club and the supporters. If we murder them on the scoreboard, I will simply laugh at him. If they beat us and he gets stuck into some of our young kids, he might cop a mouth-full from a few; and rightfully so.

He was one of my favourite players at the Dons, but the club is bigger than the player, and he screwed the club over.

Yes I will boo him. And laugh at him, and cheer his fumbles, and abuse him.

i don't mind a player returning to their home state to be closer to family/friends particularly for more money eg. wanganeen. That makes perfect sense.

However McPhee is a Victorian and when Fremantle no longer wanted him Essendon gave him a chance allowing him to return to Victoria. He played some good football at Essendon earning All Australian honours and a healthy well paid contract.

I strongly believe that if he wasn't happy with his deal and playing situation he owed it to Essendon to bring this up prior to the trade period so that the club could have traded him to his club of choice whilst getting something in return.

However he did not do this and subsequently turned his back on the club that kick-started his career and has provided the bulk of his life earnings.

He deserves every boo he gets and i will be one of them booing.

I strongly believe that if he wasn't happy with his deal and playing situation he owed it to Essendon to bring this up prior to the trade period so that the club could have traded him to his club of choice whilst getting something in return.

Blame his manager and the EFC for not getting a deal done earlier then. You can't just throw an offer at a player and expect him to sign it straight away. For all we know, it could have been a god awful contract, not offering him any bonuses, and for only 2 years instead of the 3.

As it turns out, McFree decided to not sign the contract, but becuase of the delays in getting said original contract to him, it never got reselved before the trade period was finished. BIG ERROR, but not all the blame should fall on the EFC as is believe the manager would have had a HUUUUGE paert in this fiasco.

Anyway, for all it's worth, he just rolled an anlke an will be out for a few weeks.

Blame his manager and the EFC for not getting a deal done earlier then. You can't just throw an offer at a player and expect him to sign it straight away. For all we know, it could have been a god awful contract, not offering him any bonuses, and for only 2 years instead of the 3.

As it turns out, McFree decided to not sign the contract, but becuase of the delays in getting said original contract to him, it never got reselved before the trade period was finished. BIG ERROR, but not all the blame should fall on the EFC as is believe the manager would have had a HUUUUGE paert in this fiasco.

Anyway, for all it's worth, he just rolled an anlke an will be out for a few weeks.
In my eyes its all mc hacks fault, shouldve signed the contract asap and should been desperate to wear the red and black. If i was in Melborune I would boo the tool, have fun with him:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Will you boo McPhee in round 2?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back