Player Watch Willie Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't bring myself to watch the full replay and see how long it took Murphy to rolling around playing for the free. All i've seen is the initial video where the slap to the region below the ear sends him to ground like a MMA knockout. Can't understand how we can have umpires all game classifying people milking or playing for frees, but when it comes to the tribunal no one has the guts to call that what it was. A flop. You could get hit like that 100 times in a row by someone and still it wouldn't knock you to ground, especially not as such a big strong guy vs such a small dude. There just was not anywhere near enough force in it.

I don't blame Murphy one bit, he was hit high, he played for a free, WHICH HE DESERVED. However to pretend it is anymore than a slap on the neck/maybe clipping the bottom corner of the jaw, is just crazy. It was a stupid slap, and Rioli will probably cop one for stupidity, but to cop 2 games for something so weak, just because a player played for a free kick is crazy.

I mean if you look at the Rachelle incident. Rachelle actually close fist punched a dude in the mouth and he barely moved. To think Murphy from a lighter slap was actually knocked down, and not just playing for the free would be absolutely moronic.

I can't bring myself to watch the full replay and see how long it took Murphy to stop playing for the free. All i've seen is the initial video where the slap to the region below the ear sends him to ground like a MMA knockout. Can't understand how we can have umpires all game classifying people milking or playing for frees, but when it comes to the tribunal no one has the guts to call that what it was. A flop. You could get hit like that 100 times in a row by someone and still it wouldn't knock you to ground, especially not as such a big strong guy vs such a small dude. There just was not anywhere near enough force in it.

I don't blame Murphy one bit, he was hit high, he played for a free, WHICH HE DESERVED. However to pretend it is anymore than a slap on the neck/maybe clipping the bottom corner of the jaw, is just crazy. It was a stupid slap, and Rioli will probably cop one for stupidity, but to cop 2 games for something so weak, just because a player played for a free kick is crazy.

I mean if you look at the Rachelle incident. Rachelle actually close fist punched a dude in the mouth and he barely moved. To think Murphy from a lighter slap was actually knocked down, and not just playing for the free would be absolutely moronic.
16:10 minute mark of the 4th quarter

Took until about 14:50 for the lynching party to get their shit together and show it, complete with commentary.
Shocked they didn't get Riccuttio to provide his opinion.

Note in that photo, Finlayson had missed the shot, the ball came back out and then Rioli marked the ball before they got around to showing the incident again. Absolute lynch mob mentality, for the reasons alleged previously.

1690173844001.png

Last edited:
He wasn't the only one during that era though.
Your club is being managed and coached by the best team in half a century?
Sorry, What have you achieved?
By "our" best coaching team ( not the league) .. so I should have said : it is the best complete coaching team Pies have had in 50 years ( Matthews aside as he was a special individual). This was only done by getting rid of Macguire and his useless cronies who made disastrous decsion like a nine year deal fro a bloody ruckmen, and two first rounders for a gambling drug addict in Beames .. among a few others... All smacking of the habris generated by the president and the people he hired...

Huh? where? The irony is beyond you I guess

I'm going to have a wild guess and suggest that you don't actually know what irony means.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daicos also gut punched a bloke off the ball and surprise surprise it was graded just below the level of a suspension.

The AFL is constantly manufacturing outcomes to benefit the bigger clubs, players and ultimately the narrative that they want.

And everyone else takes the hit so that they can claim they are tough on head knocks/ poor behaviour.

That Rioli incident is at worse a bitch slap to the shoulder which ricochets onto the neck. In what world is that worth a 2 week suspension? Laughable.

Daicos also gut punched a bloke off the ball and surprise surprise it was graded just below the level of a suspension.

The AFL is constantly manufacturing outcomes to benefit the bigger clubs, players and ultimately the narrative that they want.

And everyone else takes the hit so that they can claim they are tough on head knocks/ poor behaviour.

That Rioli incident is at worse a bitch slap to the shoulder which ricochets onto the neck. In what world is that worth a 2 week suspension? Laughable.
I think it was in an episode of 360 just a few weeks ago and there was discussion about something Daicos had done and whether it would get looked at by the MRO. The overriding concern for them was not whether his action was worthy of a suspension, but about how awful it would be if he was suspended and therefore ineligible for the Brownlow. Makes you wonder?

Rioli showed on the weekend that he can be a matchwinner.
I look forward to his return.
He was terrific. I didn’t think he could be that good based on the first half of the year, but what he showed was a pretty complete high forward performance in a very high intensity match.

According to alot of other supporters when discussing the Rioli incident that he should get more than 2 weeks with an open hand and I bring up Rachelle and say he had a closed fist apparently Rachelle barely hit him which somehow makes it better and ok to swing a closed fist at somebody's head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Willie Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

Back