Player Watch Willie Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

It actually crossed my mind that if it's a strike issue that the club may not be aware that he is unavailable for selection?
He was listed as an "IN" which probably wouldn't be allowed in that case?

Shows the quality of journalism though that not one journo has questioned the 4? consecutive weeks that he's been a late out.

He was listed as an "IN" which probably wouldn't be allowed in that case?

Shows the quality of journalism though that not one journo has questioned the 4? consecutive weeks that he's been a late out.
Why bother questioning it though? Stinkley will mumble on for 5 minutes and not answer the question anyway... because it's about learnerings for Willie... and can you play your Willie without your Big Dix?

Willie Rioli is contracted until the end of 2026. Not sure why we signed a player with Rioli's history to such a long term contract. Then again I am still getting over the fact that we signed Jed McEntee to a two year deal. We do not have a great record with small forwards of late.

If there are serious issues hopefully they are covered with an escape clause in the Rioli contract. After his initial calf strain the only official reasons I have heard to explain Rioli's prolonged absence have been 'illness' for the Brisbane game then 'personal reasons' for missing last week's SANFL game against North Adelaide. The fact that Rioli was scheduled to return through the SANFL but pulled out at the last minute for 'personal reasons' suggests that there maybe some serious off field issues.

Sadly this is a worrying but not unexpected development, hopefully whatever it is gets sorted- and quickly.

Willie Rioli is contracted until the end of 2026. Not sure why we signed a player with Rioli's history to such a long term contract. Then again I am still getting over the fact that we signed Jed McEntee to a two year deal. We do not have a great record with small forwards of late.

If there are serious issues hopefully they are covered with an escape clause in the Rioli contract. After his initial calf strain the only official reasons I have heard to explain Rioli's prolonged absence have been 'illness' for the Brisbane game then 'personal reasons' for missing last week's SANFL game against North Adelaide. The fact that Rioli was scheduled to return through the SANFL but pulled out at the last minute for 'personal reasons' suggests that there maybe some serious off field issues.

Sadly this is a worrying but not unexpected development, hopefully whatever it is gets sorted- and quickly.
Hes gone off the rails on that bloody whacky tobaccy mate. Serious, serious off field issues. Sad stuff. Definitely wont play next week

Apparently Willie has been up to his old tricks on social media. I haven't seen his tweets or whatever but reliable sources say they were over the top. The Club have kept a lid on what is alleged to have happened. I am with those who are dumbfounded that the media are not all over this.

This is a really sad state of affairs because Willie was just starting to show his value. He booted 10.6 in four matches prior to injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Found him.

669e9313-1ad7-45c9-a90d-afebf1abc5c1_text.gif

Jackson Mead in his presser said it is a family issue and that the players are supporting him. This echoes what Tredders and Timmy G have said and what the club stated in the article on the Port v Roosters game.
Hopefully it's all true and not a cover up which it has all the hallmarks of.

Hes gone off the rails on that bloody whacky tobaccy mate. Serious, serious off field issues. Sad stuff. Definitely wont play next week
Apparently Willie has been up to his old tricks on social media.

Source?

You guys wanna make claims about someone's personal life and potentially defame them on a social media platform like this one then you best back it up with credible evidence is my view - it's called respect.

Not saying you're right or wrong because I don't have a friggin clue

But I'll call out gossip without substance every single time.

I wouldn’t put it past the club to cover up yet another thing this season, they have prior form!
Rest assured that if there is any substance in these rumours then those maggots at Channel 7 and the rest of the local media will be all over it like blowies on a turd, giving the same respect to the truth in stories involving Port players that they always do. Especially if its an Indigenous player.

Reckon Smithson and Elspeth are already out there checking rubbish bins as we speak.

So let's not do the sensationalist BS brain dead gossiping for them eh?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back