Prediction Window Closed! Going to drop off the cliff

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibson named in the best on afl web site

Well someone needs to be mentioned, am not sure the AFL would allow 'worst's'

We lost today through no fault of a guy who had 62 hitouts. Had he had two we'd still have lost. Had Swallow not had his 18 disposals we'd have still been beaten. Had Hansen not played I doubt the result would've been much different.

Those three are examples of what I was talking about.

Window never opened, we beat two teams in finals last year that were as inconsistent as we were, we just happend to be marginally better at that point in time.

Window never opened, we beat two teams in finals last year that were as inconsistent as we were, we just happend to be marginally better at that point in time.

I agree, but we talked about this year and next about being our prime years. The club went out and recruited with that in mind. Its back fired big time.

On reflection there was no window. We have too many shit players, coached by a shit coach who was reappointed by a shit board based on nothing. No window. Just one big pile of shit which we're now excavating blindly into.

I agree, but we talked about this year and next about being our prime years. The club went out and recruited with that in mind. Its back fired big time.

Meh, Higgins is better than any other half forward flanker we have and Waite isn't being displaced by either Wood or Black on form. All they have cost us is salary cap space, space which others have done nothing to deserve occupying.

The problem is that most of our first rounders have become nothing other than solid players with some significant flaws. Our only A grade player is Goldstein and he was a third round pick, nobody else has the desire to be the best and do not string together 4-quarter games like Goldy does.

We just lack the desire more than anything.

I really dont care that they went after the free agents. They cost you nothing other some space in the cap and we have oooodles of room. Besides if we had good enough cattle they would take the spots anyhow.

The bigger problem for me was the loss of a quality mid in levi.

I watched it for 2 quarters and 3 mins before they piled on 3 goals straight in the third and I left the room before I got any angrier and destroyed the television. We've had shocking losses...adelaide a few years back, collingwood this year, freo and adelaide this year but boy oh boy i cant recall every losing to the bottom placed side by over 10 goals with our season on the line
When you put it like that it tells a sad tale. What a dark day for our club.

Its just one game boys lets not jump to conclusions and go all doom and gloom just yet. We did make the prelim last year after all. I mean it's not like we have been bad this year excluding those games against the crows, hawks and dockers. And look at the pies, we smashed them ...for 1 half. And chin up, we have an easy draw - first of all against the team thats only won 1 game this year. This will really kick start our season

Hi Brad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its just one game boys lets not jump to conclusions and go all doom and gloom just yet. We did make the prelim last year after all. I mean it's not like we have been bad this year excluding those games against the crows, hawks and dockers. And look at the pies, we smashed them ...for 1 half. And chin up, we have an easy draw - first of all against the team thats only won 1 game this year. This will really kick start our season

Lol

After the crap we've dished up so far this season, the rest of the year is irrelevant.

Truth is last year was arse. Essendon would have bundled us straight out if their drugs didn't wear off in the last quarter. Swans showed us where we really were. We have one all Australian player and then daylight. It's time to starting rebuilding the coaching squad, not the playing squad.

Truth is last year was arse. Essendon would have bundled us straight out if their drugs didn't wear off in the last quarter. Swans showed us where we really were. We have one all Australian player and then daylight. It's time to starting rebuilding the coaching squad, not the playing squad.
Lol
You have just contradicted yourself.
Need a player clean out as well.

Sadly, it seems we've horribly misunderstood our list ala Richmond 2002.

Unfortunately we don't have the stones to get ahead of the curve and start dissecting our coaching staff and list, and will no doubt allow this malaise to continue. The longer we cling to any belief that we can still succeed under this regime, the more damage we inflict on any mid term renaissance. As others have said, remaining in denial and delaying action until 2016/17 could condemn us to another decade of mediocrity.

We need to take a leaf out of StKilda's book and be prepared to trade out best 22 players whilst they have value, and move on a few favourite sons.

A season that began full of promise has delivered 4 x 10 goal drubbings in 13 rounds, including 1 to the wooden spooners. Any top flight team in world sport worth a pinch wouldn't allow that to continue without implementing serious change.

Will we?

I've finished half a bottle of rum and still couldn't come up with sh*t like this.

Out..

Currie
McKenzie
Bastinac
Jacobs
Hansen
Wells
Firrito
Adams
Grima
Atley
Petrie
Harper
Tarrant
Waite
Black
Tippett
McMahon
Gibson

and work from there...

Would a new rebuilding coach keep Boomer on. Would Boomer want to hang around for that. We all admire him but his future just can't be assumed.

Would a new rebuilding coach keep Boomer on. Would Boomer want to hang around for that. We all admire him but his future just can't be assumed.

Boomer stays he actually still has an impact and is about one of the only players at the club who can use the pill

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Window Closed! Going to drop off the cliff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back