Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current logo looks crap in all yellow, which is one of the main reasons we want a change. I also think the size is perfect. The jumpers from the 90's had a small logo too.

Yeah but it sat much nicer between the wings, rather than below them. and it didn't look too small. The current one looks a little small to me.

IMG_0827.JPG

Plus the wings started from a piont, which is probably not able to happen now with the rounded collar.

Like I said, overall I like it, if I'm being picky (which I am:D) then I think there's room for improvement. But I'm a sucker for the old 90's style footy jumpers, so that's probably clouding my judgement, and making me want the old head back too.

Yeah but it sat much nicer between the wings, rather than below them. and it didn't look too small. The current one looks a little small to me.

View attachment 221505

Plus the wings started from a piont, which is probably not able to happen now with the rounded collar.

Like I said, overall I like it, if I'm being picky (which I am:D) then I think there's room for improvement. But I'm a sucker for the old 90's style footy jumpers, so that's probably clouding my judgement, and making me want the old head back too.
That logo looks way off-center to the left.

Head is too small, needs to shift to the left. I think they tried to make the wings too big, on a design that doesn't really allow it, due to the length of the top of the eagle head. Probably needed to be half way between what they are now, and what they were last year. Either that, or go back to the old head.

It's all just being picky though, it's still a million times better than the tripe, and it looks good.

Maybe a solid yellow eagle would've worked better?? with No ochre?
Dare we bring back the white outline?

You're either going to have the tail end hit the wing, or the front half look a bit off. Without going full nuclear and rebranding with a more symmetric head, I think we've got it as best we can.

And no, how dare you say the wings should be smaller. I'm quite offended personally.

Dare we bring back the white outline?

You're either going to have the tail end hit the wing, or the front half look a bit off. Without going full nuclear and rebranding with a more symmetric head, I think we've got it as best we can.

And no, how dare you say the wings should be smaller. I'm quite offended personally.

I think people were getting carried away with wanting these deep, old school style wings, when on modern templates, it doesn't really work. They're either smaller and more rounded or deeper and straighter looking. The rounded collar doesn't help, as there isn't a perfect spot for the wings to start.

Personally, I think these are the best size wings we've had since the "new" wings in 2003

IMG_0918.JPG

Oh no, no, no, no.
the contrast between the blue and gold is fantastic without it.

Wash your mouth out, Matthew.

Can I just clarify that I don't want the white outline back (as does any wings fanatical Eagles supporter, it was shithouse), but that's why it was there.

Can I just clarify that I don't want the white outline back (as does any wings fanatical Eagles supporter, it was shithouse), but that's why it was there.

I actually reckon it was there because of the change in 95 to navy home, they wanted the eagle head to stand out more, as the text was removed, so put white around the head, and had to do it for the wings and numbers. Much prefer it without, especially the numbers.

Just to clarify, I do like the new wings, I can look past all the little I feel could be improved, and appreciate it for what it is, a bloody nice jumper!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 221505

The original wings guernseys didn't start from a point, so the new navy is actually quite accurate.

history600.jpg

chris-mainwaring600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back