Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at what we've done! WE did this! This community. Our footy club actually represents the West Coast Eagles. Holy shit I'm so happy.

Anyone else going to the game Thursday? I am *Lazy uni student perks, yeh*

Look at what we've done! WE did this! This community. Our footy club actually represents the West Coast Eagles. Holy shit I'm so happy.

Anyone else going to the game Thursday? I am *Lazy uni student perks, yeh*
I wish, i have a tute at that time. Tho plan on getting there early to find a nice spot at the back and have the game running on the ipad.

Last edited:
Looks amazing. I have to admit though, this photo does emphasise what a few others have mentioned about the logo looking off-centre. It didn't really bother me in the close ups, but on those players in the background it's more noticeable imo.
yeah i didn realise it till now either. 2 options really, make the eagles head bigger or revert back to the old head. unlike certain other fans i dont hate the current logo but the old one looks nice and classy. I wouldnt mind the current head being all yellow like the retro logo.

I can remember having conversations with the store manager about it but can't remember the specifics. Pretty sure it was Puma's call rather than us though.

It is surprising they retained their deal with West Coast considering the rate that they have pulled out of the league in the past. Hawks, Sydney, Adelaide, Essendon all ended in the last 10 years or so.

I know Puma have far better colours and probably better apparel as well, but I don't really care. The move to BLK has resulted in an unobtrusive template, has returned the full hoops and given us two traditional, simple away jumpers. I think if we stayed with puma there wouldn't have been the drive to change the designs.

Would explain a lot towards our situation. A lot of shit had to happen to get the ball rolling and it was slow to gain momentum.

yeah i didn realise it till now either. 2 options really, make the eagles head bigger or revert back to the old head. unlike certain other fans i dont hate the current logo but the old one looks nice and classy. I wouldnt mind the current head being all yellow like the retro logo.

I like the idea of using the old head, fits the jumper perfectly, but I don't dislike the current one either. As some have already mentioned, I'd love to see the old head used on the jumper, even if the current logo is used for everything else. Old head will probably help the peril return too.

While I'm awake, I'd also like to draw your attention to an email I'm assuming you've all immediately archived.

Firstly. Let's talk about this dodgy shop at the top, like come on. You go to all that effort of poorly grafting a wings jumper onto JK, and then, just to show your complete lack of credentials as a photoshopper, you leave the ******* BACK OF THE TRIPANEL IN CLEAR VIEW! SERIOUSLY MAN SORT YOUR ******* PRIORITIES!

Alrighty, now if you'll please navigate down to our round 12 game VS the Crows.

See that? "The West is Retro". Is that a 30th year peril I see coming from the distance? Is.. Is this real life? Also, if you're a it of an FJGD nut like me, you'll notice they've used a completely incorrect font for our old logo, but why? The paranoid and suuuuuper drunk person in me wishes that the logo in the "West is Retro" piece is sorta pointing at a resurrection of OG eagle, but what do I know. (But hell can you imagine if we bought OG eagle back? That'd be ******* mint. I'd buy every piece of ******* merch from the team store with that baby on it).

5NLz0xBaTA3zG0iTNNYjLunBcYhSdR0JWk_ah4aLBFXpETjoqfTH7DknbM2RZI30a3L-HVUiUM92CnVJMW6Y-QFG-CMpVoKusrneCh7Koyf4q6O7XL0WkDy2qFQHQuO1XSLvTML0Zr4SJ8mKdEDqIcwOXWiH3h6TI2Qpcjc=s0-d-e1-ft

sevWUFRACVstyg3oaVd4acnK183v-YbL8pFcsmZ0VAn4N9mMAK3QJZSR1wIm9tjGOIyQKYy2Ckr2MaXXz5_FGoua6DvGfaAwjY8WPwxlQ9IgEEDkpmfDpp_VdsjDf-dhZMSHpPClPxoZ-JUuvuCzsyw0RVMuPUwpVy0Krjo=s0-d-e1-ft

(On a side note, if anyone is willing to back me on a push to restore OG eagle as our logo, let me know and I'll start a thread).
OG eagle.:cry::cry::cry: I'm drunk too. So much love for it. Definitley due for a rebrand on the current eagles head.
The cross between mock ups have been very good.:thumbsu:

Firm believer we can't go back to the old eagle, however we should move forward to a modern version of it. I love lmach 's logo and would really wish he would mock one up on the new template with the larger wings and have a smaller logo than on his jumper. However something of a modern version of the old logo would be all time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firm believer we can't go back to the old eagle, however we should move forward to a modern version of it. I love lmach 's logo and would really wish he would mock one up on the new template with the larger wings and have a smaller logo than on his jumper. However something of a modern version of the old logo would be all time.
what does his logo look like? Ive only been on here for a few month now so i have probs missed it.

Since no one has posted it, here is the new retail navy wings with SGIO logo. Interesting that they've made them with stitched on neck tag. Wonder if the printed on tag on the SGI ones was an initial batch before they switched to stitched on? Makes the one I saw super-duper rare!

nKs7n0G.jpg

XtbZiH1_zpsqr3tmuxc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back