Review Winners and losers - trade week 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked Adelaide's trade period. Held onto pick 4, brought in 3 x best 23 players. Rate Peatling a lot.

Fremantle did well by getting Bolton, great addition to their midfield.

Richmond timed their exodus well, lose quality but can aggressively kickstart a rebuild.

If Blues get a gun, fast mid then we've done very well too.

Not sure they will.

They've had 4 players retire and 4 traded out. That's 8 list slots available and they have...8 good picks..

I imagine they'll look at promoting a rookie or two, and maybe plan to leave a slot free for a pre season supplemental selection, but they also have a bunch of players they'll be looking to delist.

So while the final numbers are still flexible and I'm sure options are being examined, for now...8=8
Would be poor from a list mgt perspective to have 8 kids at once. Creates a bottleneck for contract management, development etc that’s why outside of the expansion draft you don’t see it.

This is WCE trade period in picture form.
55108a51f86d4fd4845b66b50982fffe.jpg

Would be poor from a list mgt perspective to have 8 kids at once. Creates a bottleneck for contract management, development etc that’s why outside of the expansion draft you don’t see it.

So what are you thinking they'll do?

They have 8 slots free (for reasons largely outside their control).

Do you think they'd be better off leaving them empty?

Maybe some DFAs?

Personally I think pick 24 in a good draft would probably turn out better than some guy that wasn't wanted by their club.

So what are you thinking they'll do?

They have 8 slots free (for reasons largely outside their control).

Do you think they'd be better off leaving them empty?

Maybe some DFAs?

Personally I think pick 24 in a good draft would probably turn out better than some guy that wasn't wanted by their club.
I’d say we’ll probably take 5-6 quality kids and turn 2-3 picks into first and 2nd rd picks next year. Depending on who is still available and what we are offered. Some clubs will offer us overs for those picks on the night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Winners and losers - trade week 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back