Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody? - Part 2 -

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought this was just some AI generated meme making fun of the far right. "Thanks God for Elon Musk"...

But it's real???
It isn't satire.

This isn't just weaponised cringe, this is war crimes now...
I wonder deep down if it was created as a parody of terrible right wing content. It's every single Facebook boomer reference rolled into one.

Comedy is now legal again everybody, thank god for that

:rolleyes:

Dave Rubin. Elon Musk. "Comedy."

:D oh god.

JP SEARS! The world's most cringe right wing "comedy content producer".

Last edited:
I wasn't asking as an incredulous question because you're so wrong with thinking it. I just wanted to confirm it's a real belief and position you hold.

Because you're not wrong in how Christianity is viewed and rejected by 'the left' in Western cultures.

I can recognise how Christianity can be viewed as a 'white religion', and how being against Christianity is an aspect of this 'anti-white' thing you're talking about.
The same way I can recognise that Islam is viewed as a 'non-white religion', and how being against Muslims can be an aspect of white supremacy/ehtno nationalism/christofascism.

Why can't you see any connection between 'racism' and Islam, but you can see a connection between 'racism' and Christianity?
I can see a connection with some people, but I don't see that in me.

Others have tried to link my views on Islam and Lidia Thorpe with racism, but without explanation or success.

It showsthe bias inherent in the progressive left in that a lot of things are racist - even when they're not.

So it's even more about race for you then?
White people wearing non-traditional Western/white clothing.

People wear European clothing everyday, without issue. Even with the current Russia invasion of Ukraine.
Because European/white 'cultures' etc are part of 'Western' society and accepted.
The same way that Christianity, Catholicism etc are.

So there is an inherent racism/rejection by some people of 'different' things. That aren't white/Western. And it's because Western society is what that know and live within.

'The left' in Western society also have their biases against Western cultures, because that's what they know and live within.
So they will have been impacted and educated about things like Christianity etc more than they would Islam. And because of that they are more comfortable calling out problems with it and issues around it.
The same way 'white western left' is more comfortable to call out 'white' people, for racism, prejudice, hate etc. While also having less sympathy for 'white' people even if going through the same hardships individually as other non-white people.

But having said all of that. It's why I can see the link between bigotry and most discussions around Islam and Muslims, but I can't understand why you deny it.
Is Palestine a race of people?

The employees have basically admitted they're wearing the clothing in support for Palestine, and you're arguing that they're not?

I don't see where you're headed with this.

If they are white, the clothing is part of their normal attire, and it meets SOP requirements of their workplace, I'm fine with it. Asking the staff to remove that item of clothing now would be prejudicial.

Since that's not the case, its fair they were asked to remove the clothing - which they did.

CM86

In another thread, you posted "all men need to reduce their violence against women," and saw nothing wrong with that statement.

If someone said "all black men need to reduce their violence against women," I presume you would take issue with it.

To me, neither statement is acceptable. Bear in mind "all men" includes black men.

Why is one of those statements acceptable while the other isn't?

CM86

In another thread, you posted "all men need to reduce their violence against women," and saw nothing wrong with that statement.

If someone said "all black men need to reduce their violence against women," I presume you would take issue with it.

To me, neither statement is acceptable. Bear in mind "all men" includes black men.

The 'vibe'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CM86

Good grief

CM86

You been making flag poles at Mens Shed again?

Hmm. Despite everyone knowing he is a crook and not religious in any shape or form Trump looks like winning an election solely off people being upset with the lefts culture attitudes.

The french are about to vote for a right ring nutter because she has different attitudes to culture to the left and centrists.

But sure, there is no culture war.

Hmm. Despite everyone knowing he is a crook and not religious in any shape or form Trump looks like winning an election solely off people being upset with the lefts culture attitudes.
ie: Not being fascists.

The french are about to vote for a right ring nutter because she has different attitudes to culture to the left and centrists.
ie: Not being fascists.

None but that initiated by... fascists.

No, people are upset with what the hard right say are the left's culture attitudes, and as we've seen over and over in this thread, that is often very far from reality.

Do you think the vote is purely based on culture wars? I'd say there's a lot more to it than that.

It doesn't help that Biden is well past his use by date. He looks ready for an old folks home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back