Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody? - Part 2 -

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely not.

Which is irrelevant to the question I asked.

You claim that poor white americans are all racist, but you have no evidence, it's just a 'vibe'.
To he fair, they actually said most.

Not all.

But i think the correct statement is most Trump fans are racists, and thefore most poor Trump fans are likely racist. (Lets not conflate All Republicans with Trump fans either)

Watching his rallies certainly supports that assertion, but is that proof?

Not sure how you prove these things, even the biggest racists I've dealt with on bigfooty never admit to being racist

Not all.

But i think the correct statement is most Trump fans are racists, and thefore most poor Trump fans are likely racist. (Lets not conflate All Republicans with Trump fans either)

Not sure how you prove these things, even the biggest racists I've dealt with on bigfooty never admit to being racist

How many people would admit to being racist other than, say, the Proud Boys and their ilk?

Not all.

Then no one should be making such claims, comes across as reactive to vibes and doesn't encourage valid conversation.

Then no one should be making such claims, comes across as reactive to vibes and doesn't encourage valid conversation.
I mean that can be said for a lot of topics.

Which i guess comes back to what people are willing it not willing to accept as proof for the POV

How many people would admit to being racist other than, say, the Proud Boys and their ilk?
And their adjacent enablers running interference by narrowing the definition. Then nobody is racist except the ones in the uniforms with the logo on their sleeves doing the hand waving thing.

And their adjacent enablers running interference by narrowing the definition. Then nobody is racist except the ones in the uniforms with the logo on their sleeves doing the hand waving thing.
What's your definition of racism?

We can't even agree to a definition of racism. It's quite a complex topic.

Yep for sure. And generally I don’t care too much about what a white person’s definition of racism is either, they’re mainly the ones I hear telling me what’s racist and what isn’t, the media is mainly white I guess.

What's your definition of racism?
You don't have your own?

Check out the history of the word for the technical definition. I am sure we have talked at length about that.

I'm more a definition of bigotry and prejudice type of guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oxford Dictionary definition: "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, ..."

Just make sure we think of the second part of the definition: "... typically one that is a minority or marginalized."

Or "the belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities,"

And that second part that we so often forget: "especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another."

"Discrimination with power" is on the AHRC web site.

The bar for this isn't as high as some might want you and I to believe it is.

Discrimination, too.

I looked up the definition of discrimination as below:

"the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of ethnicity, age, sex, or disability."

See i thought that something like women's only gyms would be classed as discrimination by definition. If you include "unjust" in the definition it doesn't qualify, for me anyway, I think it's fair enough to have women's gyms, most people probably do I guess.

"the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of ethnicity, age, sex, or disability."

See i thought that something like women's only gyms would be classed as discrimination by definition. If you include "unjust" in the definition it doesn't qualify, for me anyway, I think it's fair enough to have women's gyms, most people probably do I guess.
I think that's fair enough too. It's interesting how gender ideology has changed the way womens spaces and feminism are perceived.

In respect to bigotry, I'm a proud bigot against organised religion. No shame there at all.

I think that's fair enough too. It's interesting how gender ideology has changed the way womens spaces and feminism are perceived.

In respect to bigotry, I'm a proud bigot against organised religion. No shame there at all.

I'm Catholic but have no issues with people who think like that. At least I'm going to heaven ha ha

Yes.

recognition and understanding of the difference between one thing and another.
"discrimination between right and wrong"

Yet when people have a fit about Fernwood, they mean the unjust definition, not (2) above.

Otherwise they wouldn't be having the fit.

Then they try to say it's the same as a men's only business club, which often unjustly excludes women because of the limits it puts on their ability to do business, interact with their male colleagues and male bosses and so on.

A lot of Catholic friends I know send their kids to the local state school, I often remind them they're going to hell, I'm funny like that
In know quite a few people who 'don't believe ' in private schools, who happen to also live in exclusive suburbs and school zones that only cover those exclusive suburbs

I'm Catholic but have no issues with people who think like that. At least I'm going to heaven ha ha
The pope says atheists can get into Heaven too.

See you there!

Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody? - Part 2 -

Remove this Banner Ad

Back