AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
-Drew Petrie will be back next week
-Leigh Colberts Knee is coming along well
-The boys are dissapointed with there effort
-played one good quater and almost won-shows we stuck in there
-The boys are made keen to come back to Adelaide next weekend and smash the power

Congrats to the Club and the people who organised the function.

It was the best one by far that I've been to whilst living here in Adelaide.

It was great to get a taste of what must have been a great night for the North Story function.

i had a great time at the brekkie. full credit to our wonderful club for putting the function on. i just hope this was the first of many over here in adelaide

thank-you and well done to everyone involved :D
and thanks for letting me take home some balloons hehehe!! :D

*go roos* :)

It was a fantastic function and I definetly left there with a heightened sense of pride about the club.

Seeing some of the footage on the screens was great, as was having the chance to have a chat to Dr Aylett.

Kudos to all involved!

Chadwiko said:
It was a fantastic function and I definetly left there with a heightened sense of pride about the club.

Seeing some of the footage on the screens was great, as was having the chance to have a chat to Dr Aylett.

Kudos to all involved!
Thanks to the Adelaide Roos for the feedback.

Did the doc have anything of interest to say Chadwiko?

Dingster said:
Thanks to the Adelaide Roos for the feedback.

Did the doc have anything of interest to say Chadwiko?

quite a few things actually, he was actually suprising in how honest he was.

two things of note that he talked about with myself and another person there

*Friday night footy - The AFL doesnt actually schedule the matches. Part of the deal with 'the consortium of 9 and 10' is that the AFL sends them a fixture at the start of the year, and channel nine gets to pick one match per round that they want the friday night footy game to be.
He said that the AFL is "furious" that it has been so blatantly manipulated so that "one team gets a majority of the friday games". He has also said that there is an unspoken attitude at AFL headquarters of "well, stuff collingwood and stuff eddie" because of the way they "want to have their cake, and eat it too" (referring to the fact that they are obviously getting the sweetest deals out of any team, yet they are also the team who complains the most about everything"

*Staying at Arden St - I shook Dr Ayletts hand and thanked him and the administration for working hard to keep the Kangaroos at Arden St. He had a big smile when I said this, and he asked if I had ever been there. I told him that I had, and I was quite shocked at the conditions of the ground, but even so I was filled with a sense of pride and passion about being there.
Dr Aylett said this was precisely the reason they were trying so hard to keep the club at a "completely refurbished" Arden st. He believes that Arden st is an integral part of the Kangaroos.
He also said he had a meeting with "all involved parties" at 7am monday morning (today) to finalise it.

Dingster said:
Great work Chadwiko. A productive weekend from your good self.

Thanks mate. Its been an all round enjoyable weekend (albeit the loss).

roogirl_416 said:
i had a great time at the brekkie. full credit to our wonderful club for putting the function on. i just hope this was the first of many over here in adelaide

thank-you and well done to everyone involved :D
and thanks for letting me take home some balloons hehehe!! :D

what table did all you guys and girls sit on?

Scottroo said:
what table did all you guys and girls sit on?

My wife , the little bloke and myself were on table 3.

(My son answered the quiz question about Norths first GF appearance in 1950) He was very happy to win one of the North Story programs and badge. He really wanted to win the mascot raffle though....

Chadwiko said:
quite a few things actually, he was actually suprising in how honest he was.

two things of note that he talked about with myself and another person there

*Friday night footy - The AFL doesnt actually schedule the matches. Part of the deal with 'the consortium of 9 and 10' is that the AFL sends them a fixture at the start of the year, and channel nine gets to pick one match per round that they want the friday night footy game to be.
He said that the AFL is "furious" that it has been so blatantly manipulated so that "one team gets a majority of the friday games". He has also said that there is an unspoken attitude at AFL headquarters of "well, stuff collingwood and stuff eddie" because of the way they "want to have their cake, and eat it too" (referring to the fact that they are obviously getting the sweetest deals out of any team, yet they are also the team who complains the most about everything"

If this is true then I hope for nothing more than Collingwood to burn in hell. Eddie has built Collingwood up with blatant favouritism at the expense of other clubs. It will be good to see the back of 9 I say. I just hope the AFL pull the priority picks on them this year!

Cororoo said:
My wife , the little bloke and myself were on table 3.

(My son answered the quiz question about Norths first GF appearance in 1950) He was very happy to win one of the North Story programs and badge. He really wanted to win the mascot raffle though....

kool i caught that hey, i was on table ten back corner near the door, great morning tho, pitty bout the food :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

me and my mum were on table 7 i think. we were just behind the docs table.

Scottroo your son did well - hes a clever lil thing!! :D

everyone going to the game on sunday???

Scottroo said:
kool i caught that hey, i was on table ten back corner near the door, great morning tho, pitty bout the food :)

haha yeah i wasnt a big fan of the food. The fruit was great, as were the croissants, but that frittata was shocking.

And the one ultra-super crispy biece i had shattered in my mouth, preventing me from tasting it :)

Roogirl, looks like i was on your table then

Chadwiko said:
haha yeah i wasnt a big fan of the food. The fruit was great, as were the croissants, but that frittata was shocking.

And the one ultra-super crispy biece i had shattered in my mouth, preventing me from tasting it

Roogirl, looks like i was on your table then

yeah it looks like you were!! :D

the food was not nice at all!!! im glad it wasnt just me who thought so hahaha!!!

It is planned to have one annually as happens on most interstate trips now. I will be speaking with the club this week and giving feedback on what we can do to improve to make each year more successful. Apart from the loss overall succesful weekend for the club with a lot of merchandise and a few memberships sold.

hehe by the way it wasnt my son, it was cororoos son, im only 19yo:) i sat on the table like with the old blokes and my old man, pretty much back of the room

sorry Scottroo - my bad :)

arch11 that would be great if they happened down here every year. i can see the events beoming more successful over the next few years.

Chadwiko said:

Hmm, very interesting. It sounds like we should get on the C7/Stokes bandwagon... we may not get the red carpet but we won't even get carpet with C9.

arch11 said:
It is planned to have one annually as happens on most interstate trips now. I will be speaking with the club this week and giving feedback on what we can do to improve to make each year more successful. Apart from the loss overall succesful weekend for the club with a lot of merchandise and a few memberships sold.

Arch11 ,

I don't think the adults mind having to pay $50 to attend a breakfast like that and I understand that the hotel set the per head price .However , there were some very young kids there ...Perhaps with future breakfasts , a cheaper entry cost could be negotiated/arranged for the kids along with a kid friendly menu.....Not many under 10's like smoked salmon and glazed onion fritattas. :D

Chadwiko said:

You should post this on the main board - I am sure every few people actually know this. It is very edifying.

Cororoo said:
Arch11 ,

I don't think the adults mind having to pay $50 to attend a breakfast like that and I understand that the hotel set the per head price .However , there were some very young kids there ...Perhaps with future breakfasts , a cheaper entry cost could be negotiated/arranged for the kids along with a kid friendly menu.....Not many under 10's like smoked salmon and glazed onion fritattas. :D

im 20 and i dont even like smoked salmon and glazed onion fritattas!! :D hahaha

i agree with you though. i wouldnt mind paying $50 + to go to another roos function in adelaide and i would be quite happy not to eat anything on the menu but its a different story for the younger kids and their parents.

roogirl_416 said:
sorry Scottroo - my bad :)

arch11 that would be great if they happened down here every year. i can see the events beoming more successful over the next few years.

Brisbane had 28 people at there first breakfast (we started higher than that). This year there are 350 people attending in Brisbane i am told so i hope ours grows at the same rate. Keep an eye on the website as there should be an article and some photos in the coming week from the Adelaide breakfast.

arch11 said:
Brisbane had 28 people at there first breakfast (we started higher than that). This year there are 350 people attending in Brisbane i am told so i hope ours grows at the same rate. Keep an eye on the website as there should be an article and some photos in the coming week from the Adelaide breakfast.

Enjoyed the read guys - glad you had a good time (except for loss bit). Good to know 350 going to Brisbane B'fast, me included. Flying down to Brisbane for the w'end and catching up with Roo pals from Melbourne. Roo supporters very thin on the ground in Nth Qld so hopefully meet up with Qld Roo . :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Word from the Breakfast in Adelaide!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back