World Cup Qualifier: Australia v Qatar

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonderful first half but Qatar are truly pathetic.

Cahill my main man got on the scoresheet and looks dangerous in the box, what a great man he is.
Great header by Jesus as well, **** that dude is a massive man.

I think we might win this one lads and ladettes.

Emerton the star of that first half for me, surprised we didn't use the long ball a bit more, Kennedy is winning everything that goes near him.

Time to take off our stars and throw on some local talent now.

They are committing suicide sitting so deep. Dont they realise Cahill and Jesus can head the ball ?? We are picking the ball up and running rampant. Everyone is doing as they please. I would love to see Macca get on the board in the second half and if this is to be Craig Moore's last game I hope Pimmy subs him and he gets a great reception.

They do have a couple of good forwards but their midfield and defence is just soooo lazy it aint funny. They are very overwhelmed and I expect them to be the second team to lose 6-0 at the Dome :eek:

Great header by Jesus as well, **** that dude is a massive man.
JK is a god. Will bag a few more in the 2nd half.

For all my Cahill-love though, that was a sitter he missed, why he was trying to head a ball a couple of inches off the floor is beyond me, should have smashed a volley home.

They are committing suicide sitting so deep. Dont they realise Cahill and Jesus can head the ball ?? We are picking the ball up and running rampant. Everyone is doing as they please. I would love to see Macca get on the board in the second half and if this is to be Craig Moore's last game I hope Pimmy subs him and he gets a great reception.

They do have a couple of good forwards but their midfield and defence is just soooo lazy it aint funny. They are very overwhelmed and I expect them to be the second team to lose 6-0 at the Dome :eek:

I hope we keep on pushing and win 7-0. :p

Who is their little number 14?

Lovely touch on the ball and actually is going around trying to do something, rather than sitting back waiting for the Australian assault.

Bring him over to the A-League, only 19 as well I think I heard.

Is this Qatar side serious?
three friendlys in a row and two weeks here together i think they were

their preperation was better than ours no question

The occasion has got to their players! Robbie Slater made a good point - when they went out for a spot of shopping in Melboune most of them brought Socceroo shirts. They think they are playing unbeatable superstars - BAD attitue

I disagree, leave them on and make a big statement.
I don't think it will make much of a difference either way.

After 60 minutes, most of them will be feeling it anyway so we won't lose anything by giving Thompson, Aloisi and the Griffith boys a run out.

I hope we keep on pushing and win 7-0. :p

Lol yeah fair point.

If they continue to play as they are I ant see it going any other way. SURELY they will show a little bit in the second half. Culina looks at home in front of the back four, Wilkshire will enjoy playing with confidence and his corners have been great, really you cant fault anyone. Maybe Cahill's header but he can redeem himself im sure.

Hopefully Scott McDonald can bag himself a goal, he looks like he needs the confidence boost, he's done a lot of running for little gain so far.

Set up Bresciano's goal nicely though.

three friendlys in a row and two weeks here together i think they were

their preperation was better than ours no question

The occasion has got to their players! Robbie Slater made a good point - when they went out for a spot of shopping in Melboune most of them brought Socceroo shirts. They think they are playing unbeatable superstars - BAD attitue
Let the boys have their fun. :D

Who doesn't love the socceroos?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it will make much of a difference either way.

After 60 minutes, most of them will be feeling it anyway so we won't lose anything by giving Thompson, Aloisi and the Griffith boys a run out.

I think Aloisi will get a run, and probably Archibald too. We may not risk Griffiths if he isnt 100% as seen as he has to play this weekend.

The little 14 has been good, as I said their attacking hasnt been quite as bad, its just they look like statues when they defend.

Iraq and china are the big threats IMHO

Lets make a statement here and now I think

Also what if we are in a tie for 1st or 2nd then it comes to goal difference

If we win all our home games we are looking very good. Surely we will beat this mob away... and our Euro stars should play our away games too.

We are so much better with our overseas lads, glad they made the trip.. a few months ago it looked like it would only be A-League boys.

If we win all our home games we are looking very good. Surely we will beat this mob away... and our Euro stars should play our away games too.

We are so much better with our overseas lads, glad they made the trip.. a few months ago it looked like it would only be A-League boys.
we are likley to win but nothing is for certain - lets send out the message that we mean business and make the other countries scared of us

Don't think it will be so easy in the return leg!!!

We have to play in Qatar twice - once in June against Iraq and in September against Qatar. It will be 40+ degrees for those matches and extreme humidity and I mean extremely ****ed up humidity.

Also it has been reported that the Qatari delgation weren't happy with a few aspects of the visit ie: private training sessions and the like - don't expect any favours back - when we play them in September it will be Ramadan - if they wanted to be real pricks they could enforce strict rules with regard to the consumption of food and drink in public daylight hours - they probably won't but hey we are talking about world cup qualification and these guys are fanatical about their soccer. I hope our officials have done their homework

Seriously a couple of draws in Qatar would be a great outcome.

Who is their little number 14?

Lovely touch on the ball and actually is going around trying to do something, rather than sitting back waiting for the Australian assault.

Bring him over to the A-League, only 19 as well I think I heard.

If he is the guy you are talking about, I think he's the one who stands at 169cm I think and has had some big clubs go after him. Has had a trial with Man United I believe... and has a very good international scoring record- 13 goals in 15 appearances if I'm not mistaken... (check the Qatar thread on Bigsoccer). So I really doubt he'll come to an A-League club.

Don't think it will be so easy in the return leg!!!

We have to play in Qatar twice - once in June against Iraq and in September against Qatar. It will be 40+ degrees for those matches and extreme humidity and I mean extremely ****ed up humidity.

Also it has been reported that the Qatari delgation weren't happy with a few aspects of the visit ie: private training sessions and the like - don't expect any favours back - when we play them in September it will be Ramadan - if they wanted to be real pricks they could enforce strict rules with regard to the consumption of food and drink in public daylight hours - they probably won't but hey we are talking about world cup qualification and these guys are fanatical about their soccer. I hope our officials have done their homework

Seriously a couple of draws in Qatar would be a great outcome.
They can't ban us from eating, Ramadan only applies to Muslims. It won't be easy but if we win our 3 home games, we won't need many points playing there.

Remove this Banner Ad

World Cup Qualifier: Australia v Qatar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back