Socceroos World Cup Qualifiers - Socceroos V Bahrain/Indonesia

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem is we’ve got 5 weeks until the next games, no way FA have the organizational skills to sack Arnie and install a new coach. Getting smacked in Saitama next month will be the end of it surely.

Clearly fatigued in the second half and the subs offered very little. No McGree or Hrustic meant we were so bland. Mabil has declined and Silvera doesn’t seem very good full stop (what about that last free kick???)

Not sacking him after the Asian Cup debacle is going to haunt us for years.

I get the frustration but if you watched the game, you would know Australia dominated it.

Just couldn't put the finishing touches on the plays.

It sucks to be on one point after two matches but the team hasn't played as terribly as it looks on paper.

I wouldn't be surprised if this same team manages a 2-1 win against Japan and a 2-0 vs Saudi Arabia.

In saying all of this, if somehow Aus finishes 5th or 6th in this stage, then Arnie will walk.

And the entire FA organisation will need a clean out.

But I don't think it will come to that.

One more thing, that Indonesian team is decent. Half of them are Dutchmen playing in top Euro leagues.

They are not the minnows you might expect, if you hadn't seen the game.

I get the frustration but if you watched the game, you would know Australia dominated it.

It sucks to be on one point after two matches but the team hasn't played as terribly as it looks on paper.

I wouldn't be surprised if this same team manages a 2-1 win against Japan and a 2-0 vs Saudi Arabia.

In saying all of this, if somehow Aus finishes 5th or 6th in this stage, then Arnie will walk.

And the entire FA organisation will need a clean out.

But I don't think it will come to that.

One more thing, that Indonesian team is decent. Half of them are Dutchmen playing in top Euro leagues.

They are not the minnows you might expect, if you hadn't seen the game.
Of all the World Cups, surely this isn’t the one to miss. There’s way too many spots to not get ahead of a UAE, Indonesia, Vietnam.

The players are good enough, they need a coach willing to unearth them and play fearlessly. Arnold is scared as

There's no point getting the missus all worked up and then falling asleep.

Bad finishing is bad footy. Everton have terrible efficiency up front and it's had us close to relegation for years now.

Arnie the Ken Hinkley of Australia soccer coaches
Nah this squad stinks. Arnold at least managed to get us to our best world cup campaign ever.

As for the Asian Cup, the blame goes to Lewis Miller for that terrible tackle in the box.

Remove this Banner Ad

Socceroos World Cup Qualifiers - Socceroos V Bahrain/Indonesia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back