World Cup Soccer Punting

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it. You're not easily going to drop your all-time leading goal scorer who has proven his worth within the system, for a relatively unknown quantity in Costa.
Not so sure. Costa was the second highest goalscorer behind Ronaldo in La Liga, and Villa is aging. I think we will see Costa start on the field a few times.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

Taking the challenge of trying to find a spot in every game, but a few futures plays for me...

3U - Spain and Argentina to top groups @ 2.15

2U - Switzerland and France to qualify from Group E/Germany and Portugal to qualify Group G @ 3.57

1U - Aguero top scorer @15

1U - Brazil/Spain quinella @

1.5U - Neuer golden glove @ 7

1U - Australia/Costa Rica/Iran/Honduras all 0pts @ 68.31

Taking the challenge of trying to find a spot in every game, but a few futures plays for me...

3U - Spain and Argentina to top groups @ 2.15

2U - Switzerland and France to qualify from Group E/Germany and Portugal to qualify Group G @ 3.57

Where were those two from?

Not so sure. Costa was the second highest goalscorer behind Ronaldo in La Liga, and Villa is aging. I think we will see Costa start on the field a few times.

He has to be taking the p**s - Costa a relative unkown? You are kidding me! Played a huge role in Atletico winning the league and is most likely heading to Chelsea next year - in contrast Villa is heading to the US.

The chances of Villa starting ahead of a fit Costa in the World Cup are for me....0.

Just had my $50 Luxbet free world cup bet on: Correct Score - Brazil 2-0 vs Croatia @ $5

Dont normally use Lux but just opened the mail and got the $50 free bet so why not?

He has to be taking the p**s - Costa a relative unkown? You are kidding me! Played a huge role in Atletico winning the league and is most likely heading to Chelsea next year - in contrast Villa is heading to the US.

The chances of Villa starting ahead of a fit Costa in the World Cup are for me....0.

Isn't he still injured? add in the fact Villa is the top scorer in international matches in the last 10 years other than Klose & messi/ronaldo he would still be a big chance.

Isn't he still injured? add in the fact Villa is the top scorer in international matches in the last 10 years other than Klose & messi/ronaldo he would still be a big chance.

In that case how come he only played in 4 of their qualifiers and scored a grand total of zero goals? As I keep trying to say you are looking at the past when in reality he is no longer a guaranteed start at national level.

3U - Spain and Argentina to top groups @ 2.15 (sporting)
2U - Switzerland and France to qualify from Group E/Germany and Portugal to qualify Group G @ 3.57 (sporting)
1U - Top Asian team - South Korea @ 3.05 (betfair)
1U - Top African team - Ivory Coast @ 2.66 (betfair)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In that case how come he only played in 4 of their qualifiers and scored a grand total of zero goals? As I keep trying to say you are looking at the past when in reality he is no longer a guaranteed start at national level.

if you actually checked, he played last game against El Salvador in a 2-0 win, came on 46th min and scored a goal in the 60th and in the 88th minute.

the point is he only played 4 games as they tried so many different formations and techniques, he played more than Negredo, Torres, Soldado, Pedro who all struggled as well. It's hard to play well when you don't have a settled 11 and midfieldera and attacking are changing all around you.

If he is only performing on history, why did in the most recent friendly of a 2-0 win and a settled 11 (that is more to a first 11 for WC than the constant changing formations and player rotations of the qualifiers over a year ago) did he score both goals..?

I know little to nothing about soccer, but Chile beating Australia seems like a formality? Fairly safe to anchor in my multi this weekend?

I think Chile is the Socceroos best chance of not losing a game. The Aussie squad is young and inexperienced compared to the last 8 years, but I wouldn't underestimate Postecoglu as a manager. I think he will be targeting getting at least 1 point in the group of death and Chile is the game to do it in. I would put Australia as a 40% chance of not losing. But I may be getting too emotional :)

I know little to nothing about soccer, but Chile beating Australia seems like a formality? Fairly safe to anchor in my multi this weekend?

I think it is an anchor yes, their attack is far far far too strong for Australia's poor defense. Alexis Sanchez was arguably one of the top 20 players in the world this last season and he has many other world class players such as Vidal (best box-to-box midfielder in the world). They also have strong role players such as Isla and Vargas who are better than any player on the Australian squad.

I think Chile are a smoky to win group B and am quietly confident they will qualify at a minimum above Netherlands who have a shocking defense and RVP, Robben and Schneider all having injury concerns atm, leaving not much quality in the side.

Ease up paris, only meant it in the context of the Spanish NT setup :p

Precisely what I was getting at

I think it is an anchor yes, their attack is far far far too strong for Australia's poor defense. Alexis Sanchez was arguably one of the top 20 players in the world this last season and he has many other world class players such as Vidal (best box-to-box midfielder in the world). They also have strong role players such as Isla and Vargas who are better than any player on the Australian squad.

I think Chile are a smoky to win group B and am quietly confident they will qualify at a minimum above Netherlands who have a shocking defense and RVP, Robben and Schneider all having injury concerns atm, leaving not much quality in the side.

He's not playing, but we're still up against it regardless

Ease up paris, only meant it in the context of the Spanish NT setup :p

Precisely what I was getting at

Yeah i think the other people didn't actually understand what you meant. You know Costa had an awesome season this year and is a lot better player than Villa currently, but the fact is a coach generally (especially on a world cup stage) in big games will take a PROVEN, EXPERIENCED player over one who has neither of those things. This is established by the fact Villa has played over 9000 minutes for spain and established a large amount of chemistry with guys like Fabregas, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta etc. which is invaluable compared to a guy like Costa who is in career best form but has only played 180minutes for Spain in his career and has never played alongside those experienced midfielders. Chemistry plays a huge role in Soccer and i wouldn't be surprised if Villa plays more game time than Costa especially after scoring 2 goals only 2 days ago whilst Costa scored none and also had another little injury niggle.

Haha maybe, had a poke around some international forums and no one else seems to give us a chance.

Any views on France vs Honduras?

I disagree with that analysis to be honest mate. I think our best chance is against the Dutch. I think Chile will be pumped up to impress the world with the tournament on their home continent and will absolutely light us up on the opening game.

Anchor away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back