World Cup Soccer Punting

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys quick question say I back the Aussies as lowest goals scored at 4.50 and Algeria say score the same do they pay out on both? Do I lose or get half just want to double check before commiting money

You only get half.

Also like Aguero for top scorer @ 23 and Higuain @ 55 on betfair. Aguero is a jet and should be freed up by Messi being heavily marked. I think Argentina will go pretty far as well.
I like Higuain. Starts in the central striking role normally (either next to Aguero or with Aguero as a winger, with Messi just behind) and was equal top scorer last tournament (only player to score a hat-trick) and has been super for Napoli. Also Argentina only got to quarter finals, and I think they'll go further this time and score more goals with a better team.

Also like Fred as a sneaky chance @21 (TAB)
starts up front for Brazil usually, and was leading scorer in confeds cup, and a world class finisher.

your well exposed should Brasil not win first up but looks unlikely.

Im tempted to back second tier South American countries to well - Ecuador, Uruguay, etc

Haha yes - I have massive Brazil exposure but at 2.00 could not pass it up. They haven't lost at home for a decade and have rarely slipped up in the group stages in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few value multi-leg bets via Bet365. Thought these were decent shots.

2 U @ $4.90 = Aus <2 pts/Costa Rica <2 pts/Brazil Group A Win/Argentina Group F Win/Germany Qualify/France Qualify/Belgium Qualify.

1 U @ $13.95 = Aus points 0/Costa Rica <2 pts/Brazil Group A Win/Honduras Bottom Group E/Argentina Group F Win/Germany Qualify/Belgium Group H Win.

EDIT: Split stake in half for bet in following post, and added in Germany to second multi listed above.

Last edited:
A few value multi-leg bets via Bet365. Thought these were decent shots.

2 U @ $4.90 = Aus <2 pts/Costa Rica <2 pts/Brazil Group A Win/Argentina Group F Win/Germany Qualify/France Qualify/Belgium Qualify.

2U @ $12.40 = Aus points 0/Costa Rica <2 pts/Brazil Group A Win/Honduras Bottom Group E/Argentina Group F Win/Belgium Group H Win.

tailed

I've put together a little bit of betting form for the upcoming world cup. All these picks together produce an $9.60 multi with sportsbet or around $10 with centrebet.

Picking individual games is tough so the bets below are for group winners/qualifiers/last in group.

All odds shown are from sportsbet.

GROUP A - Brazil/Croatia Exacta @ $2.60
This is the riskiest leg of the multi but does provide some value. Brazil should live up the hype at home and qualify top of their group. Croatia & Mexico will battle out 2nd and with Mexico barely qualifying for the cup (beat NZ as the 4th place finisher in the central america group below costa rica and honduras) and are on their 3rd coach in 2 months. Croatia should easily qualify here in second. Cameroon the dark horse of this group but I feel they are the weakest of the 3 potential african nations to advance (behind Ghana & Ivory Coast)

GROUP B - Spain Group Winner @ $1.67
Spain should have this group all rapped up. The dutch are the obvious threat on paper but are definitely not the team they were in 2010 and have been hit by some big injuries in their midfield. Chile a great chance to snag a berth in the round of 16. Forgot Australia.

GROUP C - No Bet
Forget about this group. I like the Ivory Coast here to qualify (paying $1.91) but its a bit specky with wildcards Colombia, Japan and Greece, anything could happen.

GROUP D - No Bet
Another difficult group that I'd like nothing to do with. Uruguay, Italy and England all with a chance to qualify ensuring some really interesting matches in this group. England to beat Costa Rica in their third game @ $1.50 looks value however as they will need to pile on as many goals as possible to try and qualify. Italy should win this group pending how many players they lose to red cards for diving.

GROUP E - Honduras to finish bottom @ $1.36
France, Switzerland and Ecuador will fight out this group with Honduras in over their head in a quality group.

GROUP F - Argentina Group Winner @ 1.22
Argentina should win this group comfortably. Bosnia best of the rest in this group.

GROUP G - Germany to Qualify @ 1.14
A conservative bet although I think Germany will win this group ($1.57) this a tough group with Portugal, Ghana and the USA all capable of upsets. I think Germany will go deep in this tournament but will take the easy route here as they havent been challenged for quite sometime (9 wins, 1 draw in qualifying).

GROUP H - Belgium to Qualify @ 1.17
Belgium should win this group depending on the Russia-Belgium game so we'll take the easy odds to qualify instead of win. They are currently ranked 11th in the world and should really win all 3 games here after going undefeated in their qualifying group that contained Croatia and Serbia. Russia & South Korean upset chances but will most likely be playing out for second.

1U Brazil to score 1st 15mins @ 7.50 (Sportingbet special)
1U Brazil HT/FT @ 2.50 (Betfair special)
0.25U Brazil 1-0 @ 5.50 (Sportingbet)
0.25U Brazil 2-0 @ 5.50 (Sportingbet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back