Vintage Bay Worst 200 game player

Remove this Banner Ad

sean atley hit 200 games this year, surely he's a contender. throw in 'spud' firrito and north could lay claim to the whole podium.
I had no idea he was still playing until I read the article talking about game 200. I remember him being drafted and then being mentioned for game 200, nothing in between!

Cale Hooker , best known for chasing a bloke as a backman , not being able to kick straight as a forward , and being banned for taking peptides in the two years he actually played half ok ! Plus also never played in winning final ...

Not saying they were bad, but Mark Graham 223 Ben Dixon 203 and Ted Poole 200 stand out among the other 200 gamers

Kade Simpson - 342 games. Won one best and fairest despite playing the entirety of his career in an awful side.

holds the AFL record for most career losses. Almost 63% of games he played in were losses.

he laid about 6 tackles across all of them

Kade Simpson - 342 games. Won one best and fairest despite playing the entirety of his career in an awful side.

holds the AFL record for most career losses. Almost 63% of games he played in were losses.

he laid about 6 tackles across all of them

How about Bob Murphy?

Played 312 games. Won ZERO best & fairests despite playing most of his career in an awful side.

Averaged 40% less tackles than Simpson. And less kicks, handballs, marks, R50s, 1%ers, clearances, brownlow votes (admittedly BL votes very close). You know, pretty much anything footballers do. Murphy did kick more goals and I concede some of his stats are hurt by seasons spent as an undersized fwd.

Both of those guys were very very good footballers. But short of the champion level. They are completely out of the discussion for worst 200 gamers. But they are also among the bottom end of the 300-350 gamer club.

How about Bob Murphy?

Played 312 games. Won ZERO best & fairests despite playing most of his career in an awful side.

Averaged 40% less tackles than Simpson. And less kicks, handballs, marks, R50s, 1%ers, clearances, brownlow votes (admittedly BL votes very close). You know, pretty much anything footballers do. Murphy did kick more goals and I concede some of his stats are hurt by seasons spent as an undersized fwd.

Both of those guys were very very good footballers. But short of the champion level. They are completely out of the discussion for worst 200 gamers. But they are also among the bottom end of the 300-350 gamer club.

Dogs made finals 7/18 seasons he was there. Not an awful side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs made finals 7/18 seasons he was there. Not an awful side

Kade Simpson made finals in 4 seaons for a 2-4 W/L record.

Bob Murphy made finals 6 times (not counting 2016) for 3-7. Clearly better, but not in a different league.

If MOC can claim Simpson played his entire career in a shit side (which I agree with), I can claim Murphy spent most of his career in a shit side.

Simpson as the 'losingest' player in history had an abysmal 36.7% overall win rate. Murphy had 45.5%. Clearly better, but I wouldn't say Murphy's sides were of great quality overall.

Note: not saying Simpson was a champion player or Murphy was a dud. Just pointing out that if Simpson was a dud, then so was Murphy by the same standards...

Note: not saying Simpson was a champion player or Murphy was a dud.
You appear to be saying your club's kulcha is trash.

My club has sucked donkey's b@lls for 20 years...

And the streak hasnt ended yet.
Hey Ferris,
Not sure how old you are but I’m guessing you weren’t around for the 70’s, 80’s or 90’s or you’d be an arrogant Carlton flog like most of those that were.
Kudos for your honesty.

Do the Cats still have Stanley giving his best impersonation of a newly born giraffe in the centre circle? :straining:

tenor.gif

Hey Ferris,
Not sure how old you are but I’m guessing you weren’t around for the 70’s, 80’s or 90’s or you’d be an arrogant Carlton flog like most of those that were.
Kudos for your honesty.

Missed the 70s. Was around for success in 80s and 90s.

I'm not the arrogant type, plus I think 'Yeah.... Well , my club was awesome 30 years ago!' is a pretty lame comeback...

How about Bob Murphy?

You mean two time All Australian, including one as captain, Bob Murphy?

Nice to see you are so easily triggered.

How about Bob Murphy?

Murphy did receive a premiership medal on GF day

Norf tell Shaun Atley to GAGF

Remove this Banner Ad

Vintage Bay Worst 200 game player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back