WORST ruckman in the last 10 years??

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Fraser

The worst based on being a No1 draft pick recruited as a ruckman

He is good around the ground but is only averaging around 10 hit outs per game

It is not as though he is undersized either being 202 cm and weighing over a 100kg

Josh Fraser

The worst based on being a No1 draft pick recruited as a ruckman

He is good around the ground but is only averaging around 10 hit outs per game

It is not as though he is undersized either being 202 cm and weighing over a 100kg

Thread title had nothing to do with draft pick number.

By the way, he got he chocolates over Dean Cox in Subi this year according to most impartial observers.

What about your own Mark Seaby.

Seaby = Poo:thumbsdown:

OK, are people saying Marsh before or after his injury? He had genuine talent, solid mark, could kick goals.

And anyone mentioning Ben Hudson have no clue.

Was just looking over some old record and was keen to post this thread,,,, can anyone give a suggestion who they think the worst ruckman they have seen in the last 10 years to play over 20 afl games???

I think TIM ELLIOT comes to mind, if anyone can beat that i will be impressed.

All the best thinking about a winner!!

i think it's disgraceful for a so called Saints supporter to start such a thread and then name Tim Elliott.

I actually remember him getting a BOG one day. I also say him play his guts out in his last game in a Saints jumper playing out at Waverley.

Think you could do better?:mad: :mad: :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know which idiot said Robert Campbell but he is an absolute gun. Top 3 players at the Hawks this year and only getting better.

Was he the bloke who got pantsed by a first gamer who's only been in the country for 3 years?

We often forget how difficult it is for ruckmen in the AFL and the very low success rate for quality talls coming through the system. We call them duds if they dont work out and dont realise the work they've put in trying to make it to the top level. VERY few work out.

The average bloke over 6'6 is uncoordinated...most of the rest now start playing basketball at school level which is a shame. Many get hurt bad playing aussie rules at school level and dont see a future in it....and their parents certainly point them in the direction of least resistence.

There is a constant pent up demand for talls and all clubs are willing to give them a little extra time to show their stuff. If u have a look at how many quality ruckmen there are going about u'll realise the ridiculously high attrition rate and the difficulty of the position. Its relatively easy for a 6 footer with some talent to make his way in the game by comparison.

Paul Chambers was just another classic example of this. Obviously he's not suited nor talented enough to play at AFL level but as a bloke he doesnt deserve to cop shyt because of it. If we call them duds for simply having a crack at it then we are screwing our own game. Noone deserves to cop shyt for simply having a go. Dont forget these are blokes that deserve respect....they worked hard to have a go...they simply cant compete at the elite level and are often frustrated that despite all the work they put in they simply dont develop talent for the game.

Chambers retired whilst under contract. Whilst he wasnt on big money it is still worth remembering that some guys have a hellova lot of pride....and effectively do their club a favour by not becoming a drain on resources at a club. He was thrown a final lifeline and he knew quickly that it wasnt going to workout...got a lot of respect for what he did and how he went about it...many hang around for years knowing they are in a priveleged position and clubs will wait.

Just to show the sheer stupidity of people in here ...some pissant actually called Fraser a dud. Think for a moment what it takes to be good at the top level as a ruckman. How many are there ? 5-10 maybe ? out of hundreds. Grow up and show some respect for blokes that have at least TRIED THEIR BEST.

Even if you DO show promise as a ruckman at AFL level there's only a 50/50 chance that injury wont ruin your career before it has even started (Doyle from my club is another classic example). There's always another midfielder u can train up...but there's a good reason why the top 5-10 AFL ruckmen should be the highest paid blokes in the game....if that lure of big money isnt there then its simply going to get even harder to keep them in the system from a young age.

Chambers....he had a crack like many have....it didnt work out and he did the right thing by the club that showed some faith in him and threw him another chance. If he was a dud he wouldnt have had the onions to even get a game at top level in the hardest position on the ground to make a name for yaself. Respect where its due might be nice....how many of u lot have made it to AFL level ?

But yeah...good chance he was the worst for the last 10 years tho :D

A FEW CANDIDATES:

Aaron Keating (I know he didn't play 20 games, but how did he get a premiership medal again?)

I can't remember who, but I seem to recall Keating was a late inclusion because a regular Crows player was injured. He played in Norwood's 1997 premiership team in the SANFL the following week. I think he is famous for being the only player to play in 2 senior premierships in 2 weeks, and not get a kick in either match.

Thread title had nothing to do with draft pick number.

By the way, he got he chocolates over Dean Cox in Subi this year according to most impartial observers.

What about your own Mark Seaby.

Seaby = Poo:thumbsdown:

Note that Seaby had more hitouts than Fraser in that game :)

Cox 22
Seaby 14
Fraser 13

As i said

He is great around the ground but as a tap ruckman he is ordinary at best.

Remove this Banner Ad

WORST ruckman in the last 10 years??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back