1991 - Richmond

Draft Selection Drafted Player Club Of Origin Body Matches With This Club
Pre-Season 4 Mark Trewella Fitzroy AFL 4
Pre-Season 10 Andrew Underwood Essendon AFL 12
Pre-Season 27 John Mrakov Collingwood AFL 8
Pre-Season 41 David Cloke Richmond AFL 22
Mid-Season 5 Athos Hrysoulakis Prahran VFA 0
Mid-Season 18 Shane Fell Glenorchy Tas 0
National 49 (Draft choice 49 traded by Melbourne for Michael Pickering) Todd Hawes Swan Districts WAFL 0
National 51 (Draft choice 51 traded by West Coast Eagles for Trent Nichols) Shaun Brooker Sydney AFL 0
National 55 Glen Hoffman Essendon AFL 0
National 66 Nick Roney North Launceston Tas 0
National 77 Jay Burton Subiaco WAFL 0
National 85 John Kennedy Hawthorn AFL 0
National 89 Paul Dimattina Richmond AFL 0
National Traded by West Coast Eagles for draft selection 42 (Peter Freeman) Todd Breman West Coast AFL 25
National Traded by West Coast Eagles for draft selection 16 (Daniel Metropolis) Stevan Jackson West Coast AFL 21
National Traded by Melbourne for draft selection 3 (Darren Kowal) Steven O'Dwyer Melbourne

Nobody got caught more with the ball then 'lightning' Brian Leys. Especially after one too many bounces.

'Scooter' Moore wasn't too bad.....used to watch him in the Reserves....and that was the problem.....he was only ever going to be a good 2's player.....a bit like Schultz.....duh!

---------------------------------------------------------

Whatever happened to 'Brownlow' Banik? The player we were going to build a team around.....lol :rolleyes:

Schaef was a Tiger first.

Geez, I'd forgotten about Strawbs.

Surely Lounder has to be Top 3. Adam Slater - giant of a bloke but don't think he ever had a touch. I don;t recall Ezra Poyas having a good game for us, but he was clearly not hopeless given the terrific career he's had at VFL.

The Craig Stewart trade still irks me, while John Manton has to be mentioned in such a thread....

Big Slats is a friend of mine... he gets bagged on here a lot and I tell him about it all the time... I love it!

He had the unfortunate pleasure of making his debut in Round 1 of 1993 the week after we lost the Preseason final to Essendon when Hoggy pulled out before the game. We got flogged by 108 points by Adelaide with Modra kicking 10.

He didn't get another crack at the seniors until 95 when Northey played him late in the season. Had a great game in Adelaide kicking a couple from CHF, and played against the Pies and Dogs (I think at the G). Played a ripper of a game at Fullback against the Blues on James Cook in an international game in London.

Was always a giant of a bloke, but his pace (or lack thereof) always hurt him. Was a great Reserves and VFL player (for Box Hill). Northey wasn't quite sure if he was a forward or a Ruckman. Walls met him once in October 95 and told him he wasn't required.

He's still playing now in the EFL. Played for ages for East Burwood and then retired and has now bought Knox out of the 2nd Division and into the 1st Divvy this year.

I love it every time he's mentioned just so I can give him a hard time about it! haha...

He's still playing now in the EFL. Played for ages for East Burwood and then retired and has now bought Knox out of the 2nd Division and into the 1st Divvy this year.

God I hate Knox and East Burwood. Especially East Burwood, played against em one year in juniors and got king hit out of nowhere by one of their players right in front of the umpire, WHO DID NOTHING. The only bloody major EFL clubs I havent played for at some point.
I am such a whore:eek:

Todd menegola
Mark McQueen
Robert Shaeffer (the pen)
Dan Foley
Robert Powell
Steven Sziller
Wayne Hernaman
Mark Eustice(Useless)
Bob Heard
Wayne Peters
Noel Mugavin
Peter Mccormack (Washed up)
Ross Brewer
Ewan Thompson
Daniel Sipthorp
Kyle Archibald
Justin Blumfield (Washed up)
Simon Eishold
Aaron James
Peter Keays
Have to defend a handfull.Powell had a handy few seasons as a small forward,Eustice was a decent player who in mid 80's had quite a few games of 30 odd possessions and played around 150 games,James could have been anything,Foley done a bad knee.Hernaman is the kingpin.Absolute rubbish.
I vote for Oakley-Nicholls,

Darryl Sutton,that bloke Stewart from Collingwood, Noel Mugavin, Dennis Collins. What was going on with McCormack. Did we not believe players get old.

Neil Peart killed Cloke one day at Victoria Park while Peart was Collingwood and Cloke was Richmond.

Ended up in the swap I think in 1983.

And the one year star from Collingwood in 1983 became our Frank Marchensani. Hell whats his name again? I think he is fitness at Port Adelaide.

At one stage were were taking anyone from another club around the early eighties.

We were in topping up mode big time. Im not sure what GR was thinking.

No bloody wonder we went downwards.

I did like Andy Preston and Paul Sarah though.

Darryl Sutton,that bloke Stewart from Collingwood, Noel Mugavin, Dennis Collins. What was going on with McCormack. Did we not believe players get old.

Neil Peart killed Cloke one day at Victoria Park while Peart was Collingwood and Cloke was Richmond.

Ended up in the swap I think in 1983.

And the one year star from Collingwood in 1983 became our Frank Marchensani. Hell whats his name again? I think he is fitness at Port Adelaide.

At one stage were were taking anyone from another club around the early eighties.

We were in topping up mode big time. Im not sure what GR was thinking.

No bloody wonder we went downwards.

I did like Andy Preston and Paul Sarah though.

that'd be ...... drumroll ........

Phillip Walsh

David Buttifant
Peter Czerkaski
Craig Trewellar
Brent Hartigan
Michael Lockman
Brian McMillan
Stephen Mount
Anthony Pastore
Andy Preston
Mark Summers
Andrew Underwood
Daryl Vernon
Colin Waterson

premiership chb should not be in this list retired too young

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you need to put a qualifier on this. Must have played at least 20 games. Because I'm sure there would have been a load of blokes that played one or two games and were just not up to VFL/AFL standard.

that'd be ...... drumroll ........

Phillip Walsh

Thanks mate. Im not sure why I had a mental block over his name. I even remembered he hailed from Hamilton.

Didnt Laffy have Capper kill him one day (10 goals) even though his teammates werent kicking the ball to Capper.

Ben Marsh!! GEEEEEEZ
I remember Coburg Vs Port ? at Punt Rd Marsh standing on the 50 Meter mark holding the ball out in one hand whilst looking the other way at wich point Corey McKernan whos career had bottomed out took the ball out of his hand and banged it through the northern end . I was walking back from the bar with beers I was almost back at my seat when this unfolded I looked at my mate and before I could even get the words out he yelled out from his seat " Yep he is the worst we have had since strawbs O'Dwyer " .....and all we ever heard was " He was a premiership player at Adelaide"....but so was Clay Sampson

jamie elliot
John Rombotis
Mathew Manfield
Mathew Wall
Ashley Blurton
Todd Bremman

Robert ****ing Walls's contribution to the cause

Ben Moore, Simon Eastaugh, Michael Radis ......to the recent history of Weller, Morrison, Billy Nicholls.etc etc etc......the cavalcade of hacks and duds just keeps on rolling with the tiger line ups, and here we are endeavouring to work out why we continuously sacked coaches..;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumped Worst Tiger Player Ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back