Would any of you guys take Harley Bennell?

Would you take Harley bennell at the tigers?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i suppose the difference being, when dusty goes to work, he goes to work, bennel cuts corners.
if you could work that out of him, i have no issue with the on field stuff. as someone said, others are worse.

biggest problem is, like a crime crew who have had a few close shaves, he's hot, the league and the fans are onto him, no margin for error for him anymore.
Soooooooooooo, when was your last burg?;)

Reckon he would be a good get. To clinch the deal I will personally send him a poster of lids so he can hang it on his wall.
Looks like your new !!!

You need to have 1000 posts before the Delidio poster comment can be used by a member

P.S Also Griggs the ruckman quote as well

He was pick 2, and has arguably played better so far than other pick 2's, just no consistently.

To get him at anything like pick 25 is the deal of all deals.

If he is into us, we should be into him.

Yes, on the following conditions that would not be met:
1. He attends substance abuse counselling for a period of at least 12 months
2. He comes as a cheap trade, 2nd rounder or later.
3. He satisfies us that he has learnt from his mistakes and this is approved by the coaches and leadership group
4. He plays for no more than 300k a year.
5. We are able to terminate his contract immediately if he fails another drug test.
6. He is drug tested at a rate that allows us to detect any illicit substance use.

If all those unlikely conditions are met, I'd love to have him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubting this kids talent... Would be top 5 instantly at RFC on TALENT only

Hes had a tough life and has always got by on his talent, consistently letting people down even in junior years..

Massive risk IMO

To be honest, I feel that Bennell should leave the Gold Coast and return home to WA and play for Freo or WC, close to family.

To be honest, I feel that Bennell should leave the Gold Coast and return home to WA and play for Freo or WC, close to family.

That can sometimes be more of a problem, not immediate family but cousins that come out of the woodwork looking for free sh!t
Then if he doesnt give them what they want... They cause huge family issues...

That can sometimes be more of a problem, not immediate family but cousins that come out of the woodwork looking for free sh!t
Then if he doesnt give them what they want... They cause huge family issues...
What I've read over the last couple of days makes me feel that this wouldn't be the case, but I understand where you're coming from.

Yes, on the following conditions that would not be met:
1. He attends substance abuse counselling for a period of at least 12 months
2. He comes as a cheap trade, 2nd rounder or later.
3. He satisfies us that he has learnt from his mistakes and this is approved by the coaches and leadership group
4. He plays for no more than 300k a year.
5. We are able to terminate his contract immediately if he fails another drug test.
6. He is drug tested at a rate that allows us to detect any illicit substance use.

If all those unlikely conditions are met, I'd love to have him.
Why don't you include he should pay us for the priviledge of playing. What a load of crap. Especially item 3. This is a kid who has F*****up and the only questions to be asked are:
Can we get him? Do we need him? and do we back the club can turn him around?
If its yes on all 3 counts then go for it. We don't need to be self righteous pricks preaching to him. He knows where he stands now. No need to be the voice of condemnation. As for item 3, how does he do this before we'd sign him? Only his actions would answer that in time. Not an interview with the club. The best thing you can do with this guy is befriend him and demonstrate what a good environment can be like. Not wave the stick at him.

Why don't you include he should pay us for the priviledge of playing. What a load of crap. Especially item 3. This is a kid who has F*****up and the only questions to be asked are:
Can we get him? Do we need him? and do we back the club can turn him around?
If its yes on all 3 counts then go for it. We don't need to be self righteous pricks preaching to him. He knows where he stands now. No need to be the voice of condemnation. As for item 3, how does he do this before we'd sign him? Only his actions would answer that in time. Not an interview with the club. The best thing you can do with this guy is befriend him and demonstrate what a good environment can be like. Not wave the stick at him.
Strongly disagree, if you stuff up at AFL level you need to demonstrate you won't do it again. If he can satisfy the coaching staff in an interview that's fine, but that needs to be the start. Unless you want to recruit a bunch of Dayle Garletts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back