Would we be interested in Jetta?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be interested in him, he's got some talent, but there's no way in hell Essendon will let him go. And if he does want to go, it will be at a considerable price. So in that case, the answer would be no.
Bit off topic but could one of you Blue people give me an update on Clinton Benjamin?
Had some injury problems, once he gets right and plays some decent football in the ressies he'll be in the seniors. Not sure when though, but he'll get there.

Just briefly as I'm leaving work....haven't seen as much of the ants this year as last, but from what I've seen so far of Clint.....

• obviously displaying same athletic attributes that saw him drafted late (seen him burn off some reasonably quick AFL level players)

• kicking has improved slightly, clangers are less frequent.
  • Defensive side of his game is improving slowly
  • Intensity, physicality and concentration have lifted slightly but still needs work and he goes missing for periods of time.
  • Reminds me of early JR a bit in that he is still skinny and can look a bit unsure at times, and if he can bulk up next pre-season his confidence might lift with some added kg's....he has athleticism to compete at the top level but he is not silky and his finishing is not quite there, so if he can add a bit more physicality to his game like JR has this year it would certainly help his cause.

There are others on the list I would let go before Benji, he was always a project player and not one who could step up to AFL immediately, especially with our list. One who probably needs a couple more years if we can afford and then see where he is at.

Just briefly as I'm leaving work....haven't seen as much of the ants this year as last, but from what I've seen so far of Clint.....

• obviously displaying same athletic attributes that saw him drafted late (seen him burn off some reasonably quick AFL level players)

• kicking has improved slightly, clangers are less frequent.
  • Defensive side of his game is improving slowly
  • Intensity, physicality and concentration have lifted slightly but still needs work and he goes missing for periods of time.
  • Reminds me of early JR a bit in that he is still skinny and can look a bit unsure at times, and if he can bulk up next pre-season his confidence might lift with some added kg's....he has athleticism to compete at the top level but he is not silky and his finishing is not quite there, so if he can add a bit more physicality to his game like JR has this year it would certainly help his cause.

There are others on the list I would let go before Benji, he was always a project player and not one who could step up to AFL immediately, especially with our list. One who probably needs a couple more years if we can afford and then see where he is at.
HBF will delete this post to cover his tracks. ;) :p :D

HBF will delete this post to cover his tracks. ;) :p :D

I think HBF was doing his best parrot impersonation as you suggested;). He has come on, but I would say baby steps instead of leaps and bounds. But it is within the bounds of reasonable hypotheses that he might make it as a player.

Will be a good player with the Dons but needs to get his head screwed on first. If he can put in as much effort on the track as he does off he will be a gun.

One of the reasons Essendon got Ashley Prescott on their coaching staff was to nuture their indigenous players (he used to look / assist with the aboriginal academy in WA - Clontarf l think its called).

What do you guys think? Would we take him? Some Bomber fans arent happy with him ... he is 19 or 20 still young.

yeah, lets post a trade on their forum, then they can sign the papers:rolleyes:

Never knew spuds have loyalty to one-another.

215462743_d57b31a631.jpg

"I'm guessing there's a lot you don't know, fella."

I think HBF was doing his best parrot impersonation as you suggested;). He has come on, but I would say baby steps instead of leaps and bounds. But it is within the bounds of reasonable hypotheses that he might make it as a player.

We both saw the game down at Casey Fields Gilly. That game compared to anything I saw last year was a big improvement. Just because you're a sheep and just agree with what TG says - I can't help that. ;)

Appears to have come on leaps and bounds since last year. Really doing a good job in the reserves. Probably won't debut this year, however, looks like he might just yet make it as a player.

Thanks for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Would we be interested in Jetta?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back