WRFL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Who was the Altona “dream team”?
Was way back in 1996 I think. Had names like Venner, Mischelli, Johnston, S and G Evans (ex back to back premiership players for Seddon) and quite a few others. Not sure whether the Dream Team name came from internal or external talk but they went out in straight sets.

Recent history perhaps. Some of us remember the Altona Dream Team going out in straight sets.

For me the biggest choke I’ve seen in the WRFL was Parkside getting done by Deer Park in a grand final after being undefeated and had a ridiculous average winning margin mightve been around 14 goals on average. I think it was Division 2 maybe 10-15 years ago.

For me the biggest choke I’ve seen in the WRFL was Parkside getting done by Deer Park in a grand final after being undefeated and had a ridiculous average winning margin mightve been around 14 goals on average. I think it was Division 2 maybe 10-15 years ago.
2009. Parkside undefeated with percentage of 217. Deer Park 4th on 10-6 and only locked in finals in the last round.

Well done WD, I think they can give altona a real shake , their bigs should be the difference as in the CS game . CS would be distraught going out in straight sets ! Will lake retire?

Great future for WD, reserves in the gf and their u18 undefeated all year !

Brian Lake appointed playing coach at Melton South !

Werribee a massive chance this week on the big Werribee VFL ground. I'm tipping an upset, Werribee by 10 points. Seem to play the ground really well.

I'd be shocked if Lake left CS. Loves the joint.

I understand Albion is his club and has family there but surely he wouldn’t waste his time playing sh@@ div2 footy.
Not sure about the premiership tattoo but highly likely he will be back with family and his long time club in 2023 as they have a decent crack in 2023 in div 2

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s everyone’s thoughts on TOTY.
Who was stiff to miss and who should be out
Scott Greenwood best ruckman in the league by the length of Koroit Creek Rd. The bias against deer park is permeating off the field now and is having an impact on the TOTY. Surely coach of the year has to go to either Altona or Werribee coaches. Holland had all the cattle and they failed badly. That directly reflects on the coach in my opinion. Jake MCKenzie would eat half of the players named in the toty and whilst Brown from Hoppers gets a lot of the ball as a floating backman his disposal is woeful off the boot and that s why they got done in the elimination final.

OK. The wrfl has 48 hours to get the food and beveridge side of things sorted for wrfl division 1 grand final day. Service and offering has been a disgrace and they need more staff and at least allow a club to put a bbq on for spectators.
This is no joke when $20.00 is charged to enter the venue and you cannot get a decent feed or drink in under 20 minutes of queuing. The wrfl needs to wake up to itself.

Scott Greenwood best ruckman in the league by the length of Koroit Creek Rd. The bias against deer park is permeating off the field now and is having an impact on the TOTY. Surely coach of the year has to go to either Altona or Werribee coaches. Holland had all the cattle and they failed badly. That directly reflects on the coach in my opinion. Jake MCKenzie would eat half of the players named in the toty and whilst Brown from Hoppers gets a lot of the ball as a floating backman his disposal is woeful off the boot and that s why they got done in the elimination final.
Wasn’t Deer Park off to the EDFL today???

Who is Scott Greenwood never heard of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back